R.I.P Letho, any chance for his ability change, as he is more... Pig on a stick card.

+
R.I.P Letho, any chance for his ability change, as he is more... Pig on a stick card.

#SaveLetho :D
#TheLegend

According to this meta, Letho of Gulet is or was rather outmatched in this patch.
1. Unable to banish.
2. Vulnerable to Scorch. (if saving your units into one)
3. Useless.

Regards,
byExeplar

Last edited:
Yes, he is easily one of, if not, the top gold card that needs to be significantly changed so Letho isn't almost completely useless. An ability change is really needed for him so he gets a solid buff.

Way too many Golds have just become window dressing; they're rarely if ever being used since the Gold Immunity patch. I don't disagree that some Golds were way too strong before the patch but now many have just become obsolete. Instead of creating new cards they should spend time fixing and adjusting the ones already in the game.

JawsLoanCompany;n9775581 said:
Way too many Golds have just become window dressing; they're rarely if ever being used since the Gold Immunity patch. I don't disagree that some Golds were way too strong before the patch but now many have just become obsolete. Instead of creating new cards they should spend time fixing and adjusting the ones already in the game.
Great points. Yes, that is an interesting point that they should be more concerned with fixing existing gold cards rather than creating new ones. Of course, some people will think or say that we can have both. Though this last patch disputes that since I can't think of any old gold cards that received a needed buff.

JawsLoanCompany;n9775581 said:

Frankly I don't understand what got them to make that change. The only gold cards I can think of that were incredibly powerful when immune, where those with continuous effects like Yennefer:The Conjurer. But you could already counter those with shackles, which really decreased the usage of those cards. With all golds now without immunity, some of them like Triss Merigold are worse than bronze ones.

partci

Forum veteran
Usually you want to use Letho offensively, so this "buff" is more like a "meh, whatever" - he needs at least one more target which he can "absorb" so that he can be decent.

BUT, when you want to use him defensively, you want to do it more for protection. Unfortunately, with the Gold immunity down, you can actually shoot yourself in the foot with him - Scorch, Mardroeme, Mandrake, Igni - just to name a few ways in which he can be lethOl... for you. So, more points in this case are actually not that good of an idea. I was thinking they will make him gain some Armor, so he can at least protect from some pesky weather... err... HAZARD effect, but no...

It could be interesting if he could be used with the new Venendel Elite, say, if heals himself on Deploy. Could be a decent combo and also kind of fine with Spotters as well. But right now he is just another sad Gold card in my collection. :(

BDW, a short off topic, speaking of Armor - why does Alba Armored Cavalry NOT have any ARMOR on them (say 3)?

Top Bottom