Radeon HD5xxx Graphic Artifacting

+
Now this is bizarre.I downloaded the latest drivers...and continue to see the issue...even after a rebootBut, if I did this, it worked. Can anyone else confirm?Start game normal (fullscreen)...get the strobe, texture issues. Now, alt-tab out. Wait a bit so that the GPU clocks down. (You can open CCC to check this) Then alt-tab back in.All issues were gone for me.I have not had the issue since...but I have not rebooted. I will reboot tomorrow, and see if the issue comes back and if this fixes it (again)And this is the new driver noted in an earlier post. (And as a hint, a newer driver will be available next week for Win 7 release...so, hopefully that has a full fix!)

Sanctuary said:
Also, something else I noticed, and maybe this was always there and I just did not notice it before, but whenever there is an in game cut scene (close up of character models and they have some kind of dialogue) the characters look like they have "scan lines" of what you would see on an old television running down vertically. I tried various AA and AF settings, but nothing seemed to fix it.
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0

i tried some 9.11 catalyst beta drivers, and still nothing, seems like we're in for some waiting

I have just upgraded to XFX 5850. Now I have a problem with graphic artifacting like others with 58xx series. How come every other game is fine but Witcher. If I wasn't so far in the game I would propably won't bother. Now I have to wait for new drivers (which may not help at all) or for new patch :mad:

pcpietrek said:
I have just upgraded to XFX 5850. Now I have a problem with graphic artifacting like others with 58xx series. How come every other game is fine but Witcher. If I wasn't so far in the game I would propably won't bother. Now I have to wait for new drivers (which may not help at all) or for new patch :mad:
wait for an ATI fix

So the good thing is I'm not alone.Installed my brand new Asus 5850 today and have exactly the same issues.I'll try some of the tricks in here, but it seems like I'll just have to wait like everyone else./Edit:Has anyone been in contact with the official support about this?

I don't know if this will help but my nvidia card did something just like the problem when I overclocked the card in the nvidia control panel. I used the "fine tune" settings which were quite high so I set the values lower and now I don't have the problem. If your card has a control option might try to underclock it. The control panel said that cooling would be a factor on how high the settings would go so heat may be a factor. Just a thought DC

It's a driver issue. Alt tabbing doesn't do anything and underclocking doesn't do anything either. Someone else was suggesting it was a heat issue and to underclock, but that was just something random on his end because it was affecting all of his games and he doesn't even have The Witcher.

ATI released catalyst 9.10 today and at least this is listed in the known issues. So i guess its a matter of time now until they find a fix.

fuchina said:
ATI released catalyst 9.10 today and at least this is listed in the known issues. So i guess its a matter of time now until they find a fix.
Yes but its only in Vista and Win7 known issues.. :( What about us on Win XP 32-bit?? I have Radeon 5770 and have the same issues. At least I am glad I am not the only one. Lets hope they ll fix it for XP as well!

I Have a Asus 5870 and when i downclock it the lowest it will go the artifacts disappear after a while. Hardly a remedy but at least it works

I reinstalled the EE yesterday and was quite sad that it didn't work well with my 5870, after reading that it's a known issue in the driver description, I thought I had to wait but today I fired the game up again and of course the problem stayed the same. Anyways, tabbing out and right in again worked very fine for me. I could play the prologue withouth any problems.
Sanctuary said:
Alt tabbing doesn't do anything .
It does actually make the card switch back to 2D mode with low clocks, very strange why it's solving the problem temporarily though.

I have an ATI 5870 and it also happens to me. The fix that I use is changing the resolution to 800x600 and then changing back to the one I use (I just hit 'No' when it asks if I want to keep the new resolution). It normally works.

Nah, just tried 9.11 and no dice..Flicking between 800 * 600 and full res also doesn't work for me..5850 btw..

Top Bottom