Radio Stations do not play

+
Hi. I am hoping I can direct this to the CDPR devs team but any input from anyone could be helpful. I have been playing CP 2077 on next gen Xbox and noticed a bug that I don't think is a known issue. I am just starting act 2 and throughout the game, I've noticed I cant play the radio stations in the vehicles. I have tried a number of troubleshoots with no success. Including deleting the game off the console and redownloading it. I've tried a new playthrough starting from the beginning with no result. I checked settings and "disable copyright music" is off. I don't see any threads about this issue so I just want to make sure its not an issue with my copy, which is digital. So that would be strange if that were the case. I have a vid showing my issue but not sure how to attach this thread. Open to suggestions on where I can send my example of this issue. If it is a known bug and others have the same issue I am content with being patient as it hopefully will be included in a patch. if not, I need to know if I'm somehow missing something. Again, I have not heard or seen a thread reporting this issue. I know the game is struggling with a lot of bugs and this one may not be priority, but just want to be sure that this will eventually get fixed as well. Thank you.

Hello I play on pc I have the same problem the radio no longer works in vehicles for no reason I can not find any solution that speaks of this problem

Last edited:
UPDATE: Resolved Issue with power cycling Xbox series x. Quit game completely, power down xbox, unplug from outlet for 30 sec. Power on xbox then start game. If that does not work, power cycle again and then go to restart console option. Turn console back on and restart the game. Worked for me and a few other people who posted on reddit. Try not to keep the game on when powering off console. Save and quit game completely when your done playing. The music stations for some reason doesn't seem to load properly when resuming the game from suspended mode. I think it might just be a quick resume issue more than anything. Hope it works for anyone reading this thread.

Hi. I am hoping I can direct this to the CDPR devs team but any input from anyone could be helpful. I have been playing CP 2077 on next gen Xbox and noticed a bug that I don't think is a known issue. I am just starting act 2 and throughout the game, I've noticed I cant play the radio stations in the vehicles. I have tried a number of troubleshoots with no success. Including deleting the game off the console and redownloading it. I've tried a new playthrough starting from the beginning with no result. I checked settings and "disable copyright music" is off. I don't see any threads about this issue so I just want to make sure its not an issue with my copy, which is digital. So that would be strange if that were the case. I have a vid showing my issue but not sure how to attach this thread. Open to suggestions on where I can send my example of this issue. If it is a known bug and others have the same issue I am content with being patient as it hopefully will be included in a patch. if not, I need to know if I'm somehow missing something. Again, I have not heard or seen a thread reporting this issue. I know the game is struggling with a lot of bugs and this one may not be priority, but just want to be sure that this will eventually get fixed as well. Thank you.

I have the same bug on PC. At some point in my game, all radios, both in the car and the red and orange world radios that spawn around the map, simply stopped playing. All radio stations were muted, and radios occasionally showed the "No Station" icon instead of the icon for the different stations even though the names for the stations were displayed next to the icon. This occurred on all radios: the red one in V's apartment, orange and red ones that spawned for quests, and the radios of every car, whether they were summoned or stolen.

My suspicion, based on the timing, is that when I was driving Iris' truck in the gig No Fixers I turned off the radio to listen to her talk, and this somehow broke all radios when the car despawned or left my control after depositing it at Dakota's garage. It might be an issue with quest vehicles and changing the radio selection in them.

I was able to get partial radios back after about 6 hours of playing by running to a new NCPD crime encounter, saving the game next to a radio, and reloading that save after cycling through all the radio stations. Now I can access all the radio stations you get on the portable radios, which is everything except Royal Blue and Samizdat. When I choose these options on the car radio nothing plays. I've tried stealing cars that would have Royal Blue and Samizdat automatically playing upon theft, and when I check the radio station the No Station icon appears even though one of those two channels is highlighted.

The radio can be buggy sometimes - probably on all platforms (most of the time it works on my PS4 but once in a while it doesn’t either...). Clearing consoles cache might sometimes help, restarting the game or progressing the story...

Still, I‘d strongly recommend reporting these issues to CDPR support:

My radio flat out won't play any music now and instead I can ONLY hear the music from Sinnerman now. Like, everywhere I go. It's the music that plays when Bill Jablonsky marches up towards the NCPD vehicle. I refused to get into the vehicle and the quest ended, but that music hasn't and all the radios are dead so it's like it's just overriden everything else. Only save I have before Sinnerman is over 20hours worth of gameplay prior, ugh... Have sent in a bug report because I can't find any solutions other than literally turning the music volume off completely.

EDIT: Did what Devivre suggested and thankfully found a quest that fixed the issue (in my case it was starting the Peralez one and looking at the braindance)...

Last edited:
Top Bottom