Radio Stations kinda bugged?

+
Radio stations feel like an afterthough or just unfinished, everytime I turn on the radio it takes a while to start playing (I guess it's loading?) sometimes the music cuts off and after a few seconds of silence some random announcement happens, changing the station takes a while and sometimes nothing happens, sometimes R1 does nothing no matter how long you press it, there are no radio hosts, no talk shows, ads or presentation for any station. I enjoy the music a lot and the sound design for the game is great but it feels kinda just thrown together at the last moment. They advertised a ton of the artists and their original music for the game but there's no way of knowing who's playing. It's weird and janky specially since almost all open world games have done this without much issue. Obviously GTA but Sleeping Dogs, Mafia, Just Cause, Watch Dogs, even Fallout has this worked out, just turn it on and it's there. I really hope this game gets better and more polished in every way.

PS. car horn is also extremely janky and unreliable.

Last edited:
1. Tracks aren't normalized, certain songs are louder than others (I can't stand this)
2. DJ comes on in the middle of a song all the time.
3. There seems to be only 5 to 10 tracks per station (So tired of hearing the same stuff already)
4. Sometimes the radio volume drops for no apparent reason.

Radio is definitely bugged. Welcome to Cyberpunk 2077 Early Access.

Royal Blue and Samizdat dont appear on the radios out in the world

Bitches Brew (pretty sure its bitches brew) always plays first on Royal Blue when you first switch to the station after loading
Post automatically merged:

Sitting idle in a car for about a minute in 3rd person causes the radio volume to drop as though you are hearing it outside of the car until you accelerate for a few feet, this seems like its by design but its not good

Last edited:
Royal Blue and Samizdat dont appear on the radios out in the world

Bitches Brew (pretty sure its bitches brew) always plays first on Royal Blue when you first switch to the station after loading
Post automatically merged:

Sitting idle in a car for about a minute in 3rd person causes the radio volume to drop as though you are hearing it outside of the car until you accelerate for a few feet, this seems like its by design but its not good

I have the exact same bug on PC, and unfortunately I have no idea what triggered this or how to replicate it. At some point in my game, all radios, both in the car and the red and orange world radios that spawn around the map, simply stopped playing. All radio stations were muted, and radios occasionally showed the "No Station" icon instead of the icon for the different stations even though the names for the stations were displayed next to the icon. This occurred on all radios: the red one in V's apartment, orange and red ones that spawned for quests, and the radios of every car, whether they were summoned or stolen. Reloading the game, restarting my computer, and sleeping in V's apartment did not fix the issue. Only loading a save from before the issue began worked, and saves for other characters were not affected.

My suspicion, based on the timing, is that when I was driving Iris' truck in the gig No Fixers I turned off the radio to listen to her talk, and this somehow broke all radios when the car despawned or left my control after depositing it at Dakota's garage.

I was able to get partial radios back after about 6 hours of playing by running to a new NCPD crime encounter, saving the game next to a radio, and reloading that save after cycling through all the radio stations. Now I can access all the radio stations you get on the portable radios, which is everything except Royal Blue and Samizdat. When I choose these options on the car radio nothing plays.

Very interesting. There must be something broken with those two stations

At first I thought it might have something to do with the fact that every song on Royal Blue is licenced, bit then I noticed Samizdat doesn't come up on the radios either

You can report radio issues here, for example:
(there‘s not really a support article for the exact same issue so this one will have to do)

Top Bottom