Radovid - Anything good come of his rule? *Spoilers*

+
Radovid - Anything good come of his rule? *Spoilers*

I cannot help but believe that my Geralt's politics was a little too indifferent (I tried to play as I believed his character from the book would've been) I simply wouldn't allow Dijkstra to kill Roche - and went out for a little revenge on dear old Radovid for his slaughter of the innocent - But if the Redanian Eagle were to spread throughout the north, would anything good come of it?

~RIP Vizimir

I'd assume he'd just role through the entire north, my dearest Temeria included, burning anyone who even went near magic, endangering my friends, my beloved Yen and Triss and then go for any non-human he can get his hands on.. If he were to turn towards Kovir especially...

In my case he had to die to save thousands of people from being burnt at the stake, however if you allow him his conquest of the North, would there be any positives? - From his character ending it didn't sound like it - After killing all the mages he could get his hands on he just turned to mass genocide.

Did anyone's Geralt allow the mad king to rule?

~Any option to lesser the support of the Eternal Fire was welcome to me - Now I am actually thinking Dijkstra might've been the way to go, I just didn't want him to kill Roche, ahahaha.

(Not going to lie, Philippa's revenge was great)

I think Geralt would not tell Dijkstra about Ciri. He would probably break his, another, leg [and assassination quest wouldn't appear] So...RAD WINS

Attachments

• radovid.jpg
    radovid.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 588
Last edited:
I think Geralt would not tell Dijkstra about Ciri. He would probably brerak his another leg [and assassination quest falied wouldn't appear] So...RAD WINS

I don't recall telling Dijkstra of Ciri's reappearance - But yeah if there was an option to not kill Dijkstra and just break his other leg and leave him there I'd have done it ahaha.

After you freed Philippa - Dijkstra will have some talk with you. In that moment you have a choice: Give Dijkstra info or beat him.

I MISSED A CHANCE TO BEAT THAT PRICK UP?!

~Furiously fumbles around desk for controller and hits new game~

Doesn't matter anyway, everything I told Dijkstra he took to his grave after I behead him.

Seems Emhyr won? Never.

He guaranteed Yen, Triss and their friends amnesty, he doesn't persecute non-humans and he restored Temeria (admittedly as a vassal state) which is all my Geralt cared about...

On top of that, he never wants to see me again.

Only thing I am worried about is that the stories of the Ashen haired Witcheress is bound to reach him eventually.

He guaranteed Yen, Triss and their friends amnesty, he doesn't persecute non-humans and he restored Temeria (admittedly as a vassal state) which is all my Geralt cared about...

On top of that, he never wants to see me again.

Only thing I am worried about is that the stories of the Ashen haired Witcheress is bound to reach him eventually.

In a memory of Coën, Kalante, Pavetta, Lytta, Triss's and Yennefer's injury and thousands of fallen during all wars with nifls - I'll let Dijkstra to rule.

In a memory of Coën, Kalante, Pavetta, Lytta, Triss's and Yennefer's injury and thousands of fallen during all wars with nifls - I'll let Dijkstra to rule.

I'll leave it for the inevitable Northern uprising - and it's leaders - to avenge all that were killed by Nilfgaard, as long as Ciri doesn't fall into his hands and he doesn't break his word on Yen and Triss' safety, my Geralt is no longer concerned with politics.

He is indifferent.

I might try Dijkstra next time around.

Where is @daveyido, this is the time for he to protect good king Radovid from all these filthy mage :radovidsmug:

I see Rad the lad to-do list is adorable :wub:
1.Destroy Phillipa's filthy mage eyeballs
2.Liberate Kaedwen from their own stupidity
3.Cleanse the filthy mage heathens of their unholiness
4.Cleanse the filthy Elf heathens of their unholiness
5.Liberate filthy Mage and Elf heathens of their money they don't need anymore
6.Liberate Temeria, Cidaris, Verden, Aedirn, Lyria and Rivia from the evil Black Ones
7.Destroy filthy Dol Blathana and its filthy Elf-mage queen
8. Liberate Cintra, Sodden and Brugge from the evil Black Ones

9.Bring love and freedom to Kovir.
10.Probably Skellige too.
11.Emhyr seems to be dead, the Empire deserves to have more experienced emperor that this little Morvran. With the help of the Gods and Eternal Fire, I am be the perfect candidate to rule the whole Continent.
12.Civilize those barbarian lands on the East. It's sad that Zerrikanians and Haaks are not introduced to our enlightened culture and technical progress, we must bring the values of our manners to them.
13.Overseas countries too.
14.What about colonizing the Moon?
15.Finally, kidnap Ciri to conquer another dimension

Where is @daveyido, this is the time for he to protect good king Radovid from all these filthy mage :radovidsmug:

6.Liberate Temeria, Cidaris, Verden, Aedirn, Lyria and Rivia from the evil Black Ones

11.Emhyr seems to be dead, the Empire deserves to have more experienced emperor that this little Morvran. With the help of the Gods and Eternal Fire, I am be the perfect candidate to rule the whole Continent.
12.Civilize those barbarian lands on the East. It's sad that Zerrikanians and Haaks are not introduced to our enlightened culture and technical progress, we must bring the values of our manners to them.

'Liberate Temeria' - Closer to absorb the north into Redania, I didn't trust him from the start on that front ahaha, that to-do list is perfect...

---------- Updated at 10:02 AM ----------

So if it's true - Radovid will survive...because your Geralt willn't kill the king.

He plans on burning both Triss and Yen, if he gets his hands on them, and would've turned on Witchers eventually - Had to go for their safety - King or not.

Also as Dijkstra put it 'You'd not be the one to commit the act' - Turned out to be true, but at the hands of sweet revenge.

'Liberate Temeria' - Closer to absorb the north into Redania, I didn't trust him from the start on that front ahaha, that to-do list is perfect...

I just pretend i like Radovid to get on his side, then :shuriken:

So if it's true - Radovid will survive...because your Geralt willn't kill the king.

The moment Dijkstra mention Triss and Yen name is the time Rad the lad go to my kill list :lol:

I just pretend i like Radovid to get on his side, then :shuriken:

Too sneaky for meeee.. I am the one that used Axii because they couldn't bare to see Triss hurt, I then proceeded to kill about 25 Witchhuners (every one in the fort) my Geralt was never good at being sly.. Politically or during tense scenes.

Matters not, From when we met I knew I'd be killing Menge shortly... And brutally at that, I wanted poetic justice, I wanted to knock him out, loot his stuff then tie him to a pyre himself and have Triss light it... Missed opportunity.

^ Retrospect, probably the most sadistic thing I have ever written.

I would rather Radovid win because:
1. Although i prefer Dijkstras ending, and experiencing his epilogue in white orchard was pretty awesome, i just couldn't let him kill Broche :p
2. Emhyr is responsible for all of this death, destruction and misery in the north through his repeated and unsuccessful conquests, if he won he wouldn't stop at just Redania, he would conquer Kovir and Povis and direct his attention to Skellige where Cerys is ruling pretty well. I also don't trust him with Ciri who is a witcher now and word will spread about her.
3. I think it will make for an interesting story overall, with the Nilfgaard ending it was just too much 'Disney' happy ending and i think that was a major flaw that the writers made, throughout the game you were being pushed to make certain choices (Yen over Triss and Emhyr over Radovid) which really annoyed me, they also made Radovid into this stupid 2D EVIL character which leads you to obviously hate him and wish to kill him and then making Dijkstra go full retard making you side with Roche and then get the nilfgaard ending. My point is you really have to go out of your way not to get the nilfgaard ending. In regards to the writing of the characters, this has been repeated ad nauseam on multiple threads so i won't go into it.
4. Finally in this ending, your Geralt is truly neutral by not getting involved in killing kings (this is a personal preference) and neither Roche or Dijkstra have to die (albeit you break his other leg) I'm sure those 2 will try to kill Radovid again in the future. Which would be great if the witcher 4 was made and Ciri was the protagonist -perhaps she loses her OP powers defeating the white frost making her more enjoyable to play as.

I would rather Radovid win because:
1. Although i prefer Dijkstras ending, and experiencing his epilogue in white orchard was pretty awesome, i just couldn't let him kill Broche :p
2. Emhyr is responsible for all of this death, destruction and misery in the north through his repeated and unsuccessful conquests, if he won he wouldn't stop at just Redania, he would conquer Kovir and Povis and direct his attention to Skellige where Cerys is ruling pretty well. I also don't trust him with Ciri who is a witcher now and word will spread about her.
3. I think it will make for an interesting story overall, with the Nilfgaard ending it was just too much 'Disney' happy ending and i think that was a major flaw that the writers made, throughout the game you were being pushed to make certain choices (Yen over Triss and Emhyr over Radovid) which really annoyed me, they also made Radovid into this stupid 2D EVIL character which leads you to obviously hate him and wish to kill him and then making Dijkstra go full retard making you side with Roche and then get the nilfgaard ending. My point is you really have to go out of your way not to get the nilfgaard ending. In regards to the writing of the characters, this has been repeated ad nauseam on multiple threads so i won't go into it.
4. Finally in this ending, your Geralt is truly neutral by not getting involved in killing kings (this is a personal preference) and neither Roche or Dijkstra have to die (albeit you break his other leg) I'm sure those 2 will try to kill Radovid again in the future. Which would be great if the witcher 4 was made and Ciri was the protagonist -perhaps she loses her OP powers defeating the white frost making her more enjoyable to play as.

Gah, but it always comes down to either your immediate friends and relations, or the good of the North - The Disney ending for Temeria seemed like the best of both worlds - I didn't actually think it was going to end so 'happily' at the time, I just wanted to make sure that when all was said and done I wasn't going to see Triss or Yen tied to a stake... Radovid's Witchhunters had to go.

Dijkstra might have been better as a whole, but I'd much rather see the lilies hanging in Temeria instead of an Eagle regardless.. If Dijkstra didn't plan to kill Roche and he promised to restore Temeria himself it'd be a clear cut win for his way.. Why'd he have to betray Roche?! it was silly especially when all he had was a small group of hired thugs against a Witcher and a few Blue Stripes...

Now that I think of it, that was a massive mistake for someone who seemed so intelligent...

Last edited:
Since I played Geralt as a guy who doesn't care about the world's fate, letting Radovid win seemed like a suitable ending. While certainly not a positive thing, I like that under his rule the North is turmoil and that he is a ruthless tyrant. In the first two games Radovid seemed to me like a power hungry, ruthless and well thought out ruler, and while his depiction in TW3 is not the best, he still remains unpredictable and dangerous individual and I don't think that any kingdom will prosper under his reign, I see it more as a beginning of dark ages for the north. It adds to the grittiness of the world in general. Plus I dislike Emhyr and I liked seeing him beaten by Radovid.

You mean apart from finally ending the tyrannic and unlawful rule of mages in the North that has led to nothing but the oppression and death of thousands of dead civilians?

"Radovid is a stern king, but a just one." -Random peasant.
Emhyr burned the cities of Cintra and Vengerberg to the ground,invades the North 3 times and is responsible for untold amount of death and destruction and no one bats an eye.
Radovid cleanses the souls of treacherous heathens with holy fire and everyone loses their minds.

And why is Temeria the only country that matters to you? Do the brave men and women of Redania and Kaedwen fighting for freedom not matter?

So what? In this ending Ciri doesn't like him either. And if Ciri has made a decision......... you can't stop her.......

Top Bottom