Radovid - Anything good come of his rule? *Spoilers*

+
Nilfgaard's version of this is clearly whitewashed if you compare it with the one in TW2 and the books. Apart from the respect to the non humans, Nilfgaard wouldn't had done any of this.

Most of the nations in the empire are vassal states, so Temeria's fate isn't too unbelievable, Emhyr also needs to end the war quickly as he has plotters about to go for his back...

As for putting Dijkstra in a place of power, that sounds super dodgy to me... Spymaster turned ruler.

There really isn't any real winning when it comes to the political side of TW3 your choices are;
-A foreign Emperor who's after your daughter so he can not get himself stabbed.. who will restore my beloved Temeria but strike down the rest of the North
-A Spymaster who has no trustworthy features in his personality and will never lose track of where Geralt is - making his plans of running hard - and making the north a little less stable but victorious in the short term
-Or a great leader - who doubles up as the man who is likely to kill you and everyone you love in the world, but save the North utterly while he's at it..

I'm selfish :x ~ As long as Yen, Triss, Ciri and myself can go away at the end its all okay.

Last edited:
The Witcher 4 will be a glorious 200 hour cutscene of Radovid kicking Emyhr in-between the legs.

Tell me how they will extend this too 200h ? :D

We know Dijkstra from books...and he seems "lesser evil" than others

He turned his Soldiers on Geralt, got those men killed and swore he'd get Geralt some day ahaha.
I am still waiting for the day, oh wait, it came when he tried to have me and Roche killed, and I chopped his thick head from his shoulders (;

Also from the books we learn the 'Lesser Evil' is a load o' shite. q:

I am definitely now torn between Radovid - and his plight to save the North, or the selfish option - ensuring that Yen, Triss and Ciri don't get hurt.

-Nothing else matters ~ The North or your loved ones.

Dijkstra isn't to be trusted. Ever.

As much as I hate the strange way Dijkstra acts in Reason of State at the end, I still like that the game's giving me a really difficult choice. Should I let my friends get killed here... or hand the north over to the worst villain of our time?

As bad as Radovid is... Emhyr is worse.

I wasn't about to walk out on the man who cleared Geralt's name and allowed my Geralt to keep his head...

My Geralt looks out for his friends, to hell with the war.

I wasn't about to walk out on the man who cleared Geralt's name and allowed my Geralt to keep his head...

My Geralt looks out for his friends, to hell with the war.
Roche is either a broken man or completely out of character. He is willing to completely sell out every single kingdom in the North just to have Temeria survive as Nilfgaard's slave.

This makes him a traitor, as Radovid's wife is the rightful Queen of Temeria and he is actively plotting against her.

Kinda sad, seeing Witcher 2 Roche is bae.

Roche is either a broken man or completely out of character. He is willing to completely sell out every single kingdom in the North just to have Temeria survive as Nilfgaard's slave.

This makes him a traitor, as Radovid's wife is the rightful Queen of Temeria and he is actively plotting against her.

Kinda sad, seeing Witcher 2 Roche is bae.

To be fair, he never gave a shit about any other country, I think just having the Lilies mean a lick of what they used to in their glory days is worth sacrificing 100 Kaedwin's to him, and he became even more desperate as time went on.

Knowing him its a plan to have the North rise up later under a Temerian Hero, rather than having Temerian's unite under a Radanian King.. I doubt Emhyr would be able to keep the North in check long regardless of his 'Victory'.

What happened to Anais? - Roche was to be her protector until she grew up - I was too busy saving Triss and fighting a bloody Dragon at the time.

To be fair, he never gave a shit about any other country, I think just having the Lilies mean a lick of what they used to in their glory days is worth sacrificing 100 Kaedwin's to him, and he became even more desperate as time went on.

Knowing him its a plan to have the North rise up later under a Temerian Hero, rather than having Temerian's unite under a Radanian King.. I doubt Emhyr would be able to keep the North in check long regardless of his 'Victory'.
Roche is a keep fighting until your arms fall off type of guy though, being Emhyr's bitch is not something he'd agree to.

But wouldn't it be easier to revolt against a small Redania trying to keep control of larger Kaedwen, Aedirn and Temeria than to revolt against a huge Nilfgaard which has armies larger than all of the North combined?

And as I said, Rad's wife is the rightful Queen of Temeria, so opposing her rulership of the country in favour of the Black Ones is treasonous.

Last edited:
Roche is a keep fighting until your arms fall off type of guy, though, being Emyhr's bitch is not something he'd agree to.

But wouldn't it be easier to revolt against a small Redania trying to keep control of larger Kaedwen, Aedirn and Temeria than to revolt against a huge Nilfgaard which has armies larger than all of the North combined?

And as I said, Rad's wife is the rightful Queen of Temeria, so opposing her rulership of the country in favour of the Black Ones is treasonous.

Cant try to explain Roche's mind any further.. After all as Geralt...

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    189.2 KB · Views: 94
I think this gif does a decent job.

Meanwhile, while trying to sneak back into Novigrad again...

< Geralt
^ Probably innocent citizen

That's both the curse and the strength of the Witcher games, normally villains can't wait to tell you all their evil plans, while in this world they wait until after they've bloody done it, sneaky devils.

Attachments

• ezgif-1010141858.gif
    ezgif-1010141858.gif
    161.2 KB · Views: 98
I wanted to kill radovid since so long!
I simple hate it for what he did in witcher 2 and in witcher 3 he's even worse.

I will always choose Roche: long life to Temeria! I'd like to save Dijkstra because I like him a lot and he's a patriot of Redania and so of the north. I'd really like a way to make work together him and Roche. I think the developer make you choose between them because Wild Hunt ends the trilogy...so cdp wants you take hard decisions.
But from a RP point of view I think that the more obvious outcome should be: Roche and Dijkstra keep working togheter till north's liberation ( doesn't matter how much they hate each others...for sure they hate more Nilfgaard ). So at the end of the game...Emhyr should make Temereia a vassal state, but the war between Nilfgaard and Redania still keep going because Dijkstra is a smart ass. As soon Temeria is a bit more stable...She will rebel against nilfgaard with the Redania's help. Togheter and thanks the Nilfgaard's internal problem...they will take back north till the yaruga,

Last edited:
Most of the nations in the empire are vassal states, so Temeria's fate isn't too unbelievable, Emhyr also needs to end the war quickly as he has plotters about to go for his back...

That's true. but remember that Emhyr have lost two wars against the North. Temeria played a decisive role in 2nd War, (the temerians were the big resistance before all the North rallied under one banner) so I think that creating a vassal state would have been interpreted as a weakness

As for putting Dijkstra in a place of power, that sounds super dodgy to me... Spymaster turned ruler.

Completely agree. One of the big holes in the story of this game. That and Dijkstra behaving like an iditot facing Geralt in combat. Dijkstra (the version from the books) would never do that.

---------- Updated at 09:37 PM ----------

There really isn't any real winning when it comes to the political side of TW3 your choices are;

That's precisely my problem, after fighting both for Temeria or Upper Aedirn there is no way to fix te situation after the Nilfgaard invasion. It's my biggest problem with this game. This, and the unidimensional and simple characters

Completely agree. One of the big holes in the story of this game. That and Dijkstra behaving like an iditot facing Geralt in combat. Dijkstra (the version from the books) would never do that.

Well he did, and he should've learnt not to, on Thanedd he ordered Redanian troops to seize - Then to kill Geralt when he resisted - Which resulted in about 4 dead and gave Dijkstra a nice injury ahaha, I don't think the Dijkstra would repeat such a mistake, with some Temerian special forces backing up Geralt this time too.

That was a bit o' dodgy writing.

---------- Updated at 09:41 PM ----------

That's precisely my problem, after fighting both for Temeria or Upper Aedirn there is no way to fix te situation after the Nilfgaard invasion. It's my biggest problem with this game. This, and the unidimensional and simple characters

Geralt isn't God, he hasn't the sway nor the support himself to change the course of politics, he is a tool for those who intend to shape politics for their end, you may think you're the one in control in the game, but really you're just a good sword to be applied by whoever you choose to support in the matter.

I like that fact, I just wish the political leaders weren't so dislikable, I didn't trust any of them...

Well he did, and he should've learnt not to, on Thanedd he ordered Redanian troops to seize - Then to kill Geralt when he resisted - Which resulted in about 4 dead and gave Dijkstra a nice injury ahaha, I don't think the Dijkstra would repeat such a mistake, with some Temerian special forces backing up Geralt this time too.

That was a bit o' dodgy writing.

I've read the books and everyone who have done it knows that Dijkstra would never attack Geralt AGAIN in single combat. It's simply ridicolous. Makes me think that some of the devs haven't read the books.

Top Bottom