Radovid Denial

+
Radovid Denial

This is something I have been toying with for a week or so now, and I'm having a lot of success against most decks, and very good success against Savage Bears/Morkvarg. I don't normally share too many decks on the forums, but I wanted to get a little feedback on this one, simply to see if anyone had ideas for tweeks.

http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/23733-frbfrees-ob-radovid-denial

The main issue with it, is that it doesn't really thin itself well. But, in the current meta, I'm seeing BB consistently at 16-20 against NR and SK decks, and 23-27 against Monsters in Round 3. There's obviously some decks where BB is wasted (Spell'tael, for instance), but but even 6 Str at the end will suffice if you have Epidemics to deal with DBPs. I had considered swapping out the Reinforced Trebuchets, but without crewman in the deck, I don't really see a point to moving to Ballistas. I had also considered Sile De Tansarville to thin down another card, but I didn't like the idea of removing Deathmould or Thaler to do it.

Right now, I'm experiencing right around 70% win percentage in Ranked (at 1800 MMR) and about 60% in Casual (no idea why, but I'm guessing because I see more Nilfgaard Spy Decks there).

I was really successful in CB with Radovid Denial, when Radovid, Vernon Roache, and Triss could all target golds. This is a little different, but I'm liking it so far.

15 of 25 cards are too few to attack. While you're at it, why not commit yourself 100% to bleeding your opponent and shift Gwent into first person card shooter genre?

zecenker;n9079880 said:
15 of 25 cards are too few to attack. While you're at it, why not commit yourself 100% to bleeding your opponent and shift Gwent into first person card shooter genre?

I'm not at all sure about the criticism, though had you elaborated, perhaps I would have understood.

Also, why does it matter how the deck wins? Isn't the point to win two rounds, regardless of how? It's a denial deck, this is what it's designed to do.

I'd replace dethmold. Nenneke for example would allow you to put cards back in your deck in case you run out of units and want to play Witchers or some special cards a second time.

Radovid destroyed me today because i passed in first round without playing ciri, had 30points advantage , but he played 2cards and in second round Bork killed me.
ouch :(

Top Bottom