Votes: 62 55.4%
  • I'm not enthusiastic, but don't really mind it

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • I like the character's new direction

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • I don't consider this relevant at all

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
LOL nope he is crazy want to kill you sweety Triss damn go kill him with Phillipa she is good isnt she ?
Well this part i don`t understand in game, to unlock assasination quest you must first help Triss rescue mages and she goes to Kovir to become advisor to Kovir king, so how is Radovid threat to her or Yennefer. I know Dijikstra can be convincing but why Geralt believe in such rubbish and decide let`s go kill king and dot even questioning that decision and what would happen to country without king

from W2
Geralt of Rivia: Let's get out of here, Vernon.
Vernon Roche: Have you lost your mind?
Geralt of Rivia: You wanted to kill a king, not a cockroach.

Before the release I wanted to side with Radovid in the war against the insidious black ones. But when I witnessed what the lore team turned him into (witch hunter, minorities persecutor) I said "fuck no, long live the White Flame dancing on the graves of his foes."
And I do have a feeling that this strange decision by CDPR was made perhaps because they wanted us to pick Emhyr and later make Ciri a queen.

Before the release I wanted to side with Radovid in the war against the insidious black ones. But when I witnessed what the lore team turned him into (witch hunter, minorities persecutor) I said "fuck no, long live the White Flame dancing on the graves of his foes."
And I do have a feeling that this strange decision by CDPR was made perhaps because they wanted us to pick Emhyr and later make Ciri a queen.

Personally, I have the least reasons to complain because I would support Nilfgaard no matter what. :) But caricature of Radovid has been done in a poor taste, and greatly lessened the value of Nilfgaardian victory. If he is such a crazy POS and everyone wants him dead, there is no bloody reason to celebrate our victory, you know. I have such a great hope that EE would improve this part of the story, make his character as likable as in TW2, and make this choice as significant as a choice between Saskia/Anais and Triss.

The game's simplistic presentation of power- and political relations leaves no doubt that Emhyr is the lesser evil and it tries to sell this as an irony of fate/history. There's nothing wrong with the concept itself, the problem is that it's presented in a way that is astoundingly cliched and two-dimensional compared to what The Witcher 2 accomplished with its plot.

The game's simplistic presentation of power- and political relations leaves no doubt that Emhyr is the lesser evil and it tries to sell this as an irony of fate/history. There's nothing wrong with the concept itself, the problem is that it's presented in a way that is astoundingly cliched and two-dimensional compared to what The Witcher 2 accomplished with its plot.

Agree. It is a great concept, but CDPR chose the worst way - to base it on a (totally assassinated) character of a ruler, and not on a clash of ideologies/different views of the future of the North.

Personally, I have the least reasons to complain because I would support Nilfgaard no matter what. But caricature of Radovid has been done in a poor taste, and greatly lessened the value of Nilfgaardian victory.
When something like this come from nilfgard lover it`s just show how caricature Radovid is without redeeming qualities, but in`s not just him his associates too Caleb Menge and Whoreson Junior, and look what nilfgard has it`s Ambasador Vhooris and Captain Peter Saar Gwynleve

Last edited:
Triss rescue mages and she goes to Kovir to become advisor to Kovir king, so how is Radovid threat to her
from W2
Because Rad the lad has a to-do list.
1. Destroy Phillipa's filthy mage eyeballs
2.Liberate Kaedwen from their own stupidity
3.Cleanse the filthy mage heathens of their unholiness
4.Cleanse the filthy Elf heathens of their unholiness
5.Liberate filthy Mage and Elf heathens of their money they don't need anymore
6.Liberate Temeria, Cidaris, Verden, Aedirn, Lyria and Rivia from the evil Black Ones
7.Destroy filthy Dol Blathana and its filthy Elf-mage queen
8. Liberate Cintra, Sodden and Brugge from the evil Black Ones
9.Bring love and freedom to Kovir.
10.Probably Skellige too.
:radovidsmug:

And yeah he dosnt kill EVERY mage, he create his own Council heading Carduin who helping him find Lodge bit**es

Going to respond on the off chance this was addressed towards my comment about all mages.

You are correct and I should have worded it better. What i meant is that he is fine with burning all mages ( except a few that escape ) at loc muinne, if you side with roche or iorveth. And besides his sudden descent into madness, his character is pretty much the same as it was at the end of the withcer 2. I don't see him as a "dub dub, dub dub" ( as saladin put it ) evil villian in the witcher 3, just someone that will use what he can to obtain his goes, whether religion or torture.

Now as to why they made him "insane", i feel the explanation of that is lacking. His character didn't really need it, but because I didn't like him from the beginning, I am a bit more accepting of the outcome. I focused a bit more on the conclusion to it, Roche and Sigi to be specific.

P.s. went beyond correcting part of my other post, but felt like adding that last bit

Last edited:
Its clear they write it for gamer to say : Yeah go with nilfgaard papa emhyr has throne to our daughter yeaay .this want to fix. no doubt

Well this part i don`t understand in game, to unlock assasination quest you must first help Triss rescue mages and she goes to Kovir to become advisor to Kovir king, so how is Radovid threat to her or Yennefer. I know Dijikstra can be convincing but why Geralt believe in such rubbish and decide let`s go kill king and dot even questioning that decision and what would happen to country without king

from W2
Geralt of Rivia: Let's get out of here, Vernon.
Vernon Roche: Have you lost your mind?
Geralt of Rivia: You wanted to kill a king, not a cockroach.

Because Radovid wouldn't stop with Temeria and would eventually look to invade Kovir once the Nilfgaard threat is removed.

Because Radovid wouldn't stop with Temeria and would eventually look to invade Kovir once the Nilfgaard threat is removed.
So Geralt is committing regicide because of something that might happen, and when Nilfgard wins war they can invade Kovir too, i mean what is difference i don`t se Geralt planing to kill Emhyr cuz he might be threat to his friends

Last edited:
Is not it ironic the whole game to try to clear his name as the Kingslayer. (Henselt isnt king). And now let's kill one of the most successful monarchs of north.

So Geralt is committing regicide because of something that might happen

It's pretty heavily implied that Yennefer will be living in the north (and this is especially true after you do the quest to get the Sunstone), so there should definitely be concern there for Geralt. I believe that you can also go ahead with the assassination without using Yennefer's safety as your motivation. Dijkstra makes the point that non-humans and eventually witchers are going to suffer under Radovid as well, and I think that's also a factor in his decision.

It's pretty heavily implied that Yennefer will be living in the north (and this is especially true after you do the quest to get the Sunstone), so there should definitely be concern there for Geralt. I believe that you can also go ahead with the assassination without using Yennefer's safety as your motivation. Dijkstra makes the point that non-humans and eventually witchers are going to suffer under Radovid as well, and I think that's also a factor in his decision.
Yeah but when nilfgard invade Novigrad Zoltan and Dandelion might die because of that, so why don`t kill Emhyr too when rescuing Fringilla from ship he had swords on him, and save world from war. And Yennefer said in tent she want to go to Poviss, beyond Dragon mountains or Zerrikania and only Poviss is in north but is neutral and is not part of war.

---------- Updated at 08:15 PM ----------

Is not it ironic the whole game to try to clear his name as the Kingslayer. (Henselt isnt king). And now let's kill one of the most successful monarchs of north.
Murder of Henselt and Radovid is not the same, cuz Radovid murder is planned and Geralt is hired to do so, and Henselt atleast have this
And what Radovid have- nothing, like you killed some thug on street not a king

Last edited:
Radovid's insanity is entirely plausible, but needs more development of his backstory and childhood trauma. This would have been a wonderful opportunity to introduce the manipulative and dangerous side of some sorceresses - and the possible public dissatisfaction they have caused, being privileged and arrogant as many of them were. As I see it, the mages flooded to Novigrad in large number after LM barely six months ago, and must have formed a social tier of their own (a class, if you will). How did the Novigrad public react to this? How did the merchants react to mages taking over their business with magic trickery? How did the poor react to a sudden appearance of a group of wealthy upperclassmen? This would give a better explanation of how the Church of the Eternal Fire was able to kindle such a massive public hatred against mages in a short half year. Popular movements en mass like the Novigrad pogrom always have a complex historical backdrop.

But instead we have a mad king and the most black-and-white organization in the game ever.

In addition, I found the whole "tactical genius" of Radovid under-presented, to the point that during the ending slides, when I realized how not killing him saved the north, I was quite caught off guard. Has he ever been shown once to be a tactical genius? With his madness, I was thinking it a good idea to present him similar to Jim Moriarty as in BBC's Sherlock - mad, eccentric, inhumane and brilliant.

Last edited:
This would have been a wonderful opportunity to introduce the manipulative and dangerous side of some sorceresses - and the possible public dissatisfaction they have caused, being privileged and arrogant as many of them were.

That's another huge missed opportunity, even though a few dialogue lines on the street and extra cutscenes would have sufficed to give much more depth to the dynamic of Novigrad's society. The witch hunters are about as complex as Radovid; you're supposed to destroy them and that's that. They are just cannon fodder to cut up, no real connection made to the ideologically-driven Order of the Flaming Rose (correct me someone if I'm wrong here, please), let alone Siegfried who could have potentially made it much more interesting.

That's another huge missed opportunity, even though a few dialogue lines on the street and extra cutscenes would have sufficed to give much more depth to the dynamic of Novigrad's society. The witch hunters are about as complex as Radovid; you're supposed to destroy them and that's that. They are just cannon fodder to cut up, no real connection made to the ideologically-driven Order of the Flaming Rose (correct me someone if I'm wrong here, please), let alone Siegfried who could have potentially made it much more interesting.
Agreed. The only real interesting person in all the witch hunters was Graden, because he is a nuanced character. Every other witch hunter is a raving fanatic. I understand that witch hunting attracts the worst scum, but the story can always use more nuanced characters. Basically, Graden was to the witch hunters what Siegfried was to the Order. And I don't understand the complete absence of the Order of the Flaming Rose in the story. They seem to have completely disappeared. Which makes little sense, since they were always supposed to be witch hunters, Dijkstra and later Radovid supported the organization for that particular reason, as a weapon against magic users. Heck, they lead the witch hunt in Loc Muinne, so why not let them keep this role?

And I don't understand the complete absence of the Order of the Flaming Rose in the story. They seem to have completely disappeared. Which makes little sense, since they were always supposed to be witch hunters, Dijkstra and later Radovid supported the organization for that particular reason, as a weapon against magic users. Heck, they lead the witch hunt in Loc Muinne, so why not let them keep this role?
I thing they just dont want to destroy their reputation so they came up with this evil version. They dont forget them they are mentioned in some books and siegfried is on card. Maybe they will have comeback in Hearth of Stone

The only real interesting person in all the witch hunters was Graden, because he is a nuanced character. Every other witch hunter is a raving fanatic.
Too bad he appeared only in the Baron's side quest, it would have been interesting to have at least one less black-and-white representative of the hunters later on in the game as well...

I thing they just dont want to destroy their reputation so they came up with this evil version. They dont forget them they are mentioned in some books and siegfried is on card. Maybe they will have comeback in Hearth of Stone
That would be a nice surprise, but it's somewhat sad that it will likely take expansion packs and a massive Enhanced Edition (if we're lucky) to bring the game's story at least close to the qualities of The Witcher 2, especially considering that CDPR was aiming to deliver its magnum opus with this game. Nevertheless, marked improvements would still be worthy of an applause...better later than never and this game not only deserves but also needs an Enhanced Edition direly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom