Radovid to be able to lock gold cards

+
Radovid to be able to lock gold cards

Radovid , being a leader card would be nice to have him able to lock gold card. He might be a little too powerful with that ability . But i have a suggestion.

Radovid current ability : toggle two units lock , if enemies damage them by 4 as well.

My suggestion: toggle a unit's lock ( including gold), if its an enemy damage it by 5 as well.

A leader card should be able to do that in my opinion since there is no unit in the game that can lock golds.

CDPR removed all counter play against gold cards for a reason, with the exception of D-Shackles and D-Bomb. Having a go(l)d killer, like in Closed Beta, would be too powerful now.

Well, maybe a new leader of a new faction, where cards would be reworked. The ability would be quite inconsistent though - sometimes it would be extremely good and powerful, sometimes it would be totally useless...

Are you sure trading locking 2 and dealing 4+4 damage is worse than locking 1 (even Gold) and dealing 5 damage would be better?

You'd end most of the time with Gold units not worth locking on the board, as most of them do not have ongoing abilities.

Yeah, no. Having a single unit that interacts with golds to demote them would be too good. Even worse, making it a faction specific and a leader.

Rado is fine as he is, IMO.

Yeah assassination needs a rework, IMO. Make it a silver, and it stays as is, or give it a significant body and remains a gold, or leave it as a special, but allow it to target golds and it remains a gold (I prefer the first two options, though).

fartingunicorn;n9175911 said:
Rad is fine. Assasination on the other hand... that thing has zero value and can't even lock gold.

I had a proposal some days back, that I think will do wonders and turn it in something formidable:

I don't like locking mechanic at all. Bronze shackles can target golds. But Silver unit locks cannot. Silver D-bomb Can, but it's not a lock. Gold Radovid cannot target golds either. It's all inconsistent.

^ Actually, when you think of it - it is. Silvers (or Golds) that Lock, they give you tempo - if you want to abuse this Gold Card - sacrifice tempo for the pleasure,

D-Bomb is a totally different animal - the reset of STR itself can be crazy enough sometimes, why penalize with Locking? Especially in this times with the Crazy Buffing Armageddon Hotfix.

Kinglionsfox;n9177181 said:
I don't like locking mechanic at all. Bronze shackles can target golds. But Silver unit locks cannot. Silver D-bomb Can, but it's not a lock. Gold Radovid cannot target golds either. It's all inconsistent.

Bronze shackles is a card specifically designed for that effect. It has no body, no tempo gain whatsoever. You sacrifice any kind of tempo, for the ability to demote a unit on top of locking it. Silver units are units with a body and a lock ability, they are a tempo gain on top of the lock effect, and (other than the neutral unit) they also have an aditional effect.

D-bomb doesn't lock at all, it just demotes on top of resetting strength. It can easily be (well, not so much right now, because the meta is heavily skewed towards buffing) a zero tempo card, with no targets to reset. Once again, you forego the tempo gain for the ability to demote golds.

Radovid is not a gold, he's a leader, they are a different type of card.

Basically, interaction with gold cards is extremely limited, and exclusive to two cards in the game, both of which sacrifice tempo gain for a more niche application, in exchange for their ability to demote golds. It's not inconsistent, it's just a design choice by CDPR.

After thinking about it a little, I came to the conclusion that I don't like Shackles itself. If that was removed from the game, the rest wouldn't bother me at all.

Posts above mentioning tempo of gold and silver locks: Yes that is fine, because silver should have more value than bronze, and gold more value than silver. But what doesn't fit is the locking inconsistency. D-Bomb is only mentioned because of it's effect, but it's the odd one of the bunch.

Vamsi2k999;n9159610 said:
Radovid , being a leader card would be nice to have him able to lock gold card. He might be a little too powerful with that ability . But i have a suggestion.

Radovid current ability : toggle two units lock , if enemies damage them by 4 as well.

My suggestion: toggle a unit's lock ( including gold), if its an enemy damage it by 5 as well.

A leader card should be able to do that in my opinion since there is no unit in the game that can lock golds.

Your idea is an imbalance.
Then it is necessary for all the heroes of all factions to give a similar skill.

4RM3D;n9159910 said:
CDPR removed all counter play against gold cards for a reason, with the exception of D-Shackles and D-Bomb. Having a go(l)d killer, like in Closed Beta, would be too powerful now.

Yeah, but Radovid now is almost of no use. That Nilfgaardian pocket witcher (Seret or Auckes.... whatever) has almost the same ability and he is just a silver card.

Alexandr-87;n9183411 said:
Yeah, but Radovid now is almost of no use. That Nilfgaardian pocket witcher (Seret or Auckes.... whatever) has almost the same ability and he is just a silver card.

The difference is aukes is a silver unit and radovid is a leader. The fact that he's a leader guarantees that you won't need to draw him, you'll always have him available.

Not to mention there's a big difference between 4 silver power + 2 dmg and 5 gold power + 8 dmg.

Radovid as a control leader can summom some one of two or three silver special card (dbomb, scorch, venom)

I... Don't know what you mean =S

If you mean you'd like radovid to be a mage that summons silver spells I strongly disagree.

Top Bottom