Radovid's art

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am begging (on my hands and knees, in the dirt, tears of mascara down my face) - please leave the PC culture out of this one little corner of our lives!

I'm not sure if you know who even is on that card - it's Philippa.
In short, he gouged her eyes out because she was in the Lodge and that was his revenge, there is no gender-power involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
chrishammang;n8000650 said:
It seems to me that the depiction in the Radovid art and the character depiction in this game comes with pretty minimal context or explanation. I say this as someone pretty unfamiliar with the Witcher series, I'm just going by what I see in the standalone game. I do wonder if what players see in the standalone card game is enough to let them understand the depiction of cruelty and empathize with the affected characters.
Radovid arrests and tortures Philippa in TW2 (it's why she doesn't have eyes in TW3)
I do understand the concerns, but 12+ is largely analogous to the T rating in ESRB -
Content is generally suitable for ages 13 and up. May contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling and/or infrequent use of strong language.
I think this card generally falls into that category. The next level is M which is
May contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language.
Card fits more into T than M to me. Maybe I'll have a different opinion when my 1 year old is 12 ... but it seems okay to me.

KasumiGoto;n8003850 said:
I'm not sure if you know who even is on that card - it's Philippa.
yeah, but its more than that, she raised him since he was a child and her upbringing has a big part of his mental statement. so i guess, she should have "seen" that coming, hahaha.

if we're on the topic of philippa and radovid, there's something i've wanted to express: i'm not radovid's biggest fan, and think he would benefit from some strong anti-psychotic medication, but on this particular occasion... that was so satisfying,
i just wish philippa had another pair of eyes for him to gouge out..

Last edited by a moderator:
ArianeGrosmont;n8005020 said:
if we're on the topic of philippa and radovid, there's something i've wanted to express: i'm not radovid's biggest fan, and think he would benefit from some strong anti-psychotic medication, but on this particular occasion... that was so satisfying,
i just wish philippa had another pair of eyes for him to gouge out..

Ok, having some unresolved issues? :p

Maybe he should be depicted gardening, eating fairy floss or volunteering at a retirement community. I'm down with his dodgyness though. Not triggered.

I'm not wearing pants.

idomyownstunts;n8005560 said:
Maybe he should be depicted gardening, eating fairy floss or volunteering at a retirement community. I'm down with his dodgyness though. Not triggered.

I'm not wearing pants.

eating fairy floss? dude, that is offensive to fairies, not to mention triggering.

disclaimer: by "fairies" i meant little winged creatures. wouldn't want to offend them. they may unleash their mosquito pets on me.

Last edited:
teggedeh;n8000520 said:
Thanks for your replies.

Vilgefortz's card would be triggering for some, I'm sure, but the violence it's representing isn't gender-power-based. I'm talking about the picture on Radovid's card in particular.

This is a standalone game, but sure, the characters are based on context (and that context is not provided in the game).

Well, everybody's entitled to their own opinion. As for myself, I actually quite like the art, and I couldn't give a toss if somebody is triggered by this. It's a drawing. Don't like it? Move on.

teggedeh;n8000160 said:
Radovid's art, especially the premium, animated version, makes me really uncomfortable. I think it's inappropriate and potentially triggering. I think there's no place for it in this great game.

Have you never played the Witcher games? Dont be a baby. Its not like its real and hurting people. My advice is try not to get butt hurt over everything.

I'm just trying to imagine what this thread would look like if Cyprian Wiley's card depicted his famous backdrop where you find him in W3...
:geraltthatsgood:

zantclick;n8007460 said:
I'm just trying to imagine what this thread would look like if Cyprian Wiley's card depicted his famous backdrop where you find him in W3...
:geraltthatsgood:

And here I am imagining Triss and Yen with less clothing (also from W3).

Okay, let's make few things clear here. Gwent is directed to wider audience than Witcher series. Not all Gwent players played Witcher series and not all of them are familiar with character background stories. If someone thinks that some card art is disturbing, he/she has a right to say it. Respect different opinions. No matter if you agree or disagree, be polite. If someone doesn't understand a specific card art, be kind and give a friendly explanation why characters are described as they are.

Any more ridiculing and this thread gets closed.

ArianeGrosmont;n8005650 said:
eating fairy floss? dude, that is offensive to fairies, not to mention triggering.

disclaimer: by "fairies" i meant little winged creatures. wouldn't want to offend them. they may unleash their mosquito pets on me.

Pfft @ fairies, blah @ pixies, meh @ raggydolls and pshaw @ wombles! Ima eating all their collective floss. Although, if any one has any wombles, I'd like to hire them for my next keg raid adventure pst.

On topic, yeah while I don't agree everyone has the right to voice their opinions, but should also endure others opinions but not their spleen. Kudos Sunsibar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom