Rails popping in and out of existence

+
Just installed the game on PC again after the latest patch and doing sightseeing. Love the atmosphere.

I am experiencing some weird popin with the monorails above, while driving though.

They disappear and reappear when in their vicinity. Does not seem to be related to my rigs performance as it happens only with the rails (and at seemingly random distances). Also on very low settings. It seems to be in all areas of the city. Sections dissappear when I get closer, only to reappear again as I drive along. It is quite immersion breaking unfortunately.

Anyone has some suggestions or experienced something similar?

Hard to say if it's only the rails :(
You can make a short video ? (could be useful for the support too^^)
I would suggest to make a "clean" re-installation of the game at first, if you didn't already did it at the time (even more if it was in 1.3+, 1.2+ or close to release).
Then try all of these steps, and if nothing work, to send a ticket to the support for help > "Contact Us" button (or at least to know if it's a bug in the game or something that you can solve by your own).

Are those the yellow rails when you travel along that highway of lag here:
I think there's something in that area overloading the engine. Probably trying to load a ton of complex and unique car detail.

If not it's probably culling. There's some some object between you and rails, that has invisible bounding box that's blocking the rails. Then you should pinpoint the location, blocking object and report it. Usually it gets fixed in update or two.

Last edited:
Thank you for the fast replies.

I had done a reinstall previously, but now also tried to follow the guide just posted (clean reinstall). The issue seems resolved now :) so thanks a lot!

Posting the video anyways just for info. Was quite odd.

Top Bottom