Rain

+
So there is rain in this game. (PC version.)

Cyberpunk 2077.jpg

Cyberpunk 2077 (3).jpg

Sadly NPC does not react to it.

Yeah, originally there was supposed to be acid rain and other dangerous weather effects. That got cut. As did the AI entirely, which is why NPC's don't react to anything as they should.

I have no idea what's going on with my version. It's rained when you meet the detective, and when Jackie picks you up, but I've never seen it rain outside of those two missions. The ground will get wet but I see no rain effects when this happens. I think there's some kind of bug.

In my current 70 hours, I only saw it rain twice outside the scripted one. Sigh.

Hope this will be addressed in the future (as well as the NPC AI lol)

EDIT:

Forgot to add what platform I am on... I'm running on PC (Steam version).

Last edited:
I saw 1 npc with an umbrella during a cutscene at lizzies.

So apparantly there are umbrella's.

A cyberpunk game. With 1 umbrella.

This reminds me of a famous Gibson quote; I think it went:

"The sky above port was the color of a videogame company, tuned to a stupid management."

Yeah, originally there was supposed to be acid rain and other dangerous weather effects. That got cut. As did the AI entirely, which is why NPC's don't react to anything as they should.

There still is acid rain actually but its only a visual rain effect. It comes with the insanely brown/foggy weather but is very very rare, i've only seen it once in over 120h+

regular rain like in the pictures happens more often but still way too little in my opinion :/

It hasn't rained in my game in about 40 hours since the early scripted quest rain.

I think Night City is in a drought. Rained often in my first playthrough though.

..also - holy awesome there is actually umbrellas in the game? Nice.

There still is acid rain actually but its only a visual rain effect. It comes with the insanely brown/foggy weather but is very very rare, i've only seen it once in over 120h+

regular rain like in the pictures happens more often but still way too little in my opinion :/
20210105161340_1.jpg

That be the acid rain

but also i don't get rain get the rain effect (reflections on wet, sound of rain but no rain)

I have no idea what's going on with my version. It's rained when you meet the detective, and when Jackie picks you up, but I've never seen it rain outside of those two missions. The ground will get wet but I see no rain effects when this happens. I think there's some kind of bug.
Probably some developer has already gone through that problem, if your machine does not give enough horsepower it is better not to rain during the process so that the engine does not flu
if the machine goes in 3rd and not 5th, it will rain ... more or less that Lol
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 11133707

That be the acid rain

but also i don't get rain get the rain effect (reflections on wet, sound of rain but no rain)
These can also happen, the machine goes in 4th, high revs and reaches 5th with the reflexes but since you don't have 6th or your car is automatic it will not give you anything else xD

Top Bottom