Rain????

+
Can some one please explain to me how the rain system works?
I see wet roads sometimes yet there's no rain.
When Jackie picks you it's raining. Also when I road along with the detective it was raining. Other then those two
mission specific moments I've never seen rain. Is by game bugged?

When Jackie picks you it's raining. Also when I road along with the detective it was raining. Other then those two

similar problem

1.png

2.png

I think it has to do with something wrong with the engine where the collider is not making the rain visible.
And the separation has not been made so that when one is under a bridge the rain continues to be seen.
depending on the area the problem affects differently

So funny you post this because last night I rained and I could see the rain since this patch update. Didn't take a pic though.

Had a weird visual bug on one of the paralez gigs.

v gets into the car with the paralez couple. It’s raining outside and both of them look wet and shiny from the rain even though they are still inside.

There is a great weather mod on the nexus. have it where it rains 80% of the time. Very nice, options are mostly rain, fog, toxic or overcast.

I have noticed that, I thought it was just my imagination and that it just rained but just not where I was at at that time. It has rained on occasion but not very much. I don't know if the devs modeled the raining after real rain season in California but it is peculiar that's for sure.

There were some few more "always raining" times in some quests even back in 1.06, though. For example, it was raining quite hard when i made the screenshot (and time) i shared here: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/best-racing-times.11077157/#post-12874157 . And it rains _every_ time one tries that quest, even starts at one and same moment - scripted, obviously.

Which is why i think rain itself is not bugged, rather it's some bug in the script which should be controlling weather "randomly", i.e. when driving / running around doing no particular thing. I bet it'll be fixed soon, if not yet.

It's really strange because once it started to rain and I put it to the test and advanced the clock 24 hours and it was still raining. I did this for up to four days and finally stopped advancing the time so I thought OK the rain system is messed up and I let it just rain and it eventually stopped on it's own.

Top Bottom