Random crashes, crash report blames GPU

+
Not sure what the issue is, the game randomly CTDs. Completely random, unpredictable. Game is still technically playable, I just have to keep quicksaving just in case. Game runs at 60-90+fps depending on how busy stuff is.

Cyberpunk is updated to 1.5 plus hotfix
nVidia RTX 3060ti, fully updated drivers, altered fan curve to increase fanspeed under load.
Realtek onboard audio, so the audio crashes aren't the issue.

Game crashes after 15 minutes, or three hours, no real way to know when. Have been submitting crash reports each time it happens.

Not sure what the issue is, the game randomly CTDs. Completely random, unpredictable. Game is still technically playable, I just have to keep quicksaving just in case. Game runs at 60-90+fps depending on how busy stuff is.

nVidia RTX 3060ti, fully updated drivers, altered fan curve to increase fanspeed under load.

Game crashes after 15 minutes, or three hours, no real way to know when. Have been submitting crash reports each time it happens.
- Remove any mods to see if the intervals increase. (Pretty sure there are no mods but just in case).
- Try capping your FPS to 30 or 60, just to see if the intervals increase.
- Try switching off any and all overclocks just to see if the intervals increase.

Hm, you can also try uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU driver as explained here:

Verify integrity of the game cache is also mentioned in this article. I would try that too.

I also have the 3060TI and had no crash issue with it up to version 1.5 (I did not install the hotfix, though, as the game worked fine for me). So technically it should work, depending on your CPU and RAM.

Also make sure you didn't overclock your hardware - that can cause crashes too.

In that case, please use the link I mentioned before to send a ticket to CDPR support (click on "Contact Us" to send a ticket, but as said before, please check out the suggestions from this article first).

It doesn't sound like you've changed anything, but maybe check that Windows virtual memory is set at 'system managed'? I had some similar crashes start with another game, and turned out to be my messing with the virtual memory setting for god knows why, done ages before.

You could also have a look at Windows' event viewer and check if you can find more information regarding the error. (I would include this information in a ticket as well.)

One additional thing you could try is lowering the clock speed of your GPU. Say, it runs at 1890MHz while playing the game you could try downclocking it to 1800MHz and see if the crash persists. Note though that you will be sacrificing performance and please just consider this a test for GPU clock stability and nothing else. If you want to go this approach, google undervolting/overclocking Ampere GPUs or read this WCCFTECH article.

Top Bottom