Random crashes

+
Random crashes

Dear CD project! Game is freezing at random situations. Sometimes it close, sometimes it become black window with sound of game, sometime i close it manual. I can play 5 min and it crashes, i can play 2 hours and it crashes, at least it crashes 15-20 times and it's very fcking annoying! I try diffrenet graphic options, but it's not working, i'm tired. Ubisoft games crashes less than yours. Why? Gta 5 on max. graphic setting crashes 3 times for 50 hours of game, i can play it 3 hours and it was ideal!

---------- Updated at 05:18 PM ----------

Please give answer!

---------- Post merged on 01-06-2015 at 03:33 AM ----------

up!

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    41.4 KB · Views: 164
Same problem. I will post my dxdiag later but it mirrors my situation. The crashes became less frequent after I switched back to the GTA V driver (haven't tried the new nVidia one that was just released) but the game still locks up and randomly crashes to desktop with no error messages whatsoever.

Nvidya just released new drivers that supposed to fix issues with Kepler series. Can you confirm the crashes still happen with those drivers?

upupuupuupupuupupupuuupupupupuupupuupuupupu! Fuck! Why no answer from developers? For what this forum? Gamers must answer to gamers for your bugs? wtf guys? Will u fix this or what?

Same problem here. The game crashes randomly. There's not a place or time. I can play 3 hours without a single crash, but sometimes, i just play 1 hour and they crash. No error message. It's frustrating playing always with the finger on F5. The game its perfect, but this fucking crashes destroys any pleasure on gameplay.

I'm playing the GOG version.

:facepalm:

Yep same thing. You guys are lucky though I get 8 minutes max before it crashes. Haven't left the first village because of it.

Where's fucking feedback?! Version 1.05 djb't help. Witcher suck from ubisoft bug games x10 times! I don't understand for whom this forum? Why u made it for a long time and in the end we get so bug product? Why Rockstar can make better?

I've been having the same issue since patch 1.05. I'd have driver crashes every once and a while with patch 1.04, but ultimately was very playable even on Ultra settings. After the patch on Friday though I have to hide in huts and play gwent or I instantly crash the moment I step outside or try to actually do anything in the game. Tried all kinds of drivers with DDU in between, fresh windows 7 install, changed tons of settings and reinstalled the game twice with absolutely no improvement. Wish I could rollback to 1.04, but with steam that just isn't going to happen...

I had hard crushed too, but thankfully less often, 5 times so far for 75 hours of play. It was a bloody long time agao since a game had a hard crush. The crush is also random, from looting, to riding roach to transistion from gameplay to cutscenes.

Thankfully I have a SSD, otherwise I be more pissed.

Although I had hard crashes throughout the game, other players offering fixes helped. After patch 1.05, I started having hard crashes pretty frequently until I made sure all of my settings were defaulted using the Ultra preset in-game, then one by one changing something to see what works. For patch 1.05, that meant borderless window, v-sync off in game (adaptive in NVIDIA control panel), max performance (NVIDIA control panel for game) and single display performance (also NVIDIA control panel).

Been smooth sailing since, but I know I can't rest on those. Every new patch requires me to reset to the default preset game, default the NVIDIA control panel for the game, and one by one see what settings work best. Annoying, but instructive.

Well I've tried altering in game settings, nvidia panel, even downclocked my GPU, before the patch I could play between 5-60mns without crashes, after patch I'm crashing after 1-2mns tops, currently in the morgue. The game is just dead for me. Unplayable, I'm obviously happy about my preorder.

I had this same issue,the weird thing was it seemed to go away when i closed the NV panel,will test some more.

My gameplay experience is being ruined by random crashes since day one. I really hope they'll fix it with the next patch

I've crashed a very select few times, but I always have a save to go back to that is very close.

I stopped crashing after I took CDPR's advice. In MSI Afterburner I increased Power Limit to 110% and reduced core clock -20 hz. I've played 3 straight days for about 2 to 3 hours each day without a single crash.

I have a MSI GTX970 100ME.

Guys, anyone who have often crashes try to reduce graphuc setting on medium and in advanced (blur, hbao etc) off all settings and feedback.
i have asus gtx 770, max temperature on max settings was 75 degrees.
Today try again med. settings, but yestarday i have 1 crash fo 2 hours but with relax.

Last edited:
Top Bottom