Random micro stutters/stutters?

+
Noticed the occasional micro stutter/stutter while playing so I decided to test while staying afk for like a min or 2 between the blue highlighted marks that's while I afk'd

Rig:1080ti,9900k,970 EVO SSD,16gb DDR4 3200mhz on 1080p. Also on latest driver

Most settings on medium with a couple of lows

Last edited:
Stutters only happen to me when the game auto-saves, maybe that's the issue for you aswell? Ialso have 1080ti , 32gb ram

I didn't find a fix yet but i'm looking really hard for a fix , because waiting for CD won't happen as they never fixed it on Witcher 3 , an option to increase time between auto-saves would help because right now the game saves alot too often so it stutters

You should try graphing while driving around one of the roundabouts (so you're not streaming in a ton of new city data & textures as you go), and see what happens there.

What I've noticed from experimenting, is that the game will stutter (more like a minor frameskip than full on engine hitch), when new objects are loaded into the game. So driving around in a circle, it will be smooth until a new car is about to pop into view. Then it stutters. You can see this microstutter better if you're looking around while also moving forward, it can be so slight if focused straight ahead that you may not even see it. It's not just when driving, can experiencing it when walking and looking around as well. It's frequent enough that it's really starting to impact my enjoyment of the game. These are pauses that even Gsync can't smooth out.

Entering new "areas" can also trigger a brief blip, but those could just be the auto-saves. I'd have to pay more attention to that next time.

These other pauses are always there, though, definitely not just the auto-saves. Tried everything I could in-game and out to stamp them out. Seems inherent with how the engine streams in content on fly, don't really know more than that. I do know that the game doesn't seem to utilize that much memory, even in the most intense scenes, kinda strange but likely due to console optimizations. Turning on the "Slow HDD" (using an already fast SSD) seems to reduce them as well, but doesn't truly prevent them and also impacts the variety and density of these random objects in the world so not really a fix.

Noticed the occasional micro stutter/stutter while playing so I decided to test while staying afk for like a min or 2 between the blue highlighted marks that's while I afk'd

Rig:1080ti,9900k,970 EVO SSD,16gb DDR4 3200mhz on 1080p. Also on latest driver

Most settings on medium with a couple of lows
Did you mess with your memory_pool_budgets.csv? If so undo any changes and see if the stuttering is gone.

Did you mess with your memory_pool_budgets.csv? If so undo any changes and see if the stuttering is gone.

I did and I tought it removed the game stutters or so I tought.Turns out it was all placebo tho lol.They removed the file in the last patch and they basically told us "its all in your head" the file doesn't exist anymore as of today since they removed it.

What I mainly notice now is mainly when it auto saves that it stutters so yea so it most likely was the auto saving causing it in the first place.(someone else did mention other hitches not related to auto save tho so who knows really)

The only issue atm which is def not placebo is the memory leak.After like 10-25 mins the game's performance kinda tanks untill I reload a save or I get a load screen.Some ppl have reported a similar issue too.
Post automatically merged:

You should try graphing while driving around one of the roundabouts (so you're not streaming in a ton of new city data & textures as you go), and see what happens there.

What I've noticed from experimenting, is that the game will stutter (more like a minor frameskip than full on engine hitch), when new objects are loaded into the game. So driving around in a circle, it will be smooth until a new car is about to pop into view. Then it stutters. You can see this microstutter better if you're looking around while also moving forward, it can be so slight if focused straight ahead that you may not even see it. It's not just when driving, can experiencing it when walking and looking around as well. It's frequent enough that it's really starting to impact my enjoyment of the game. These are pauses that even Gsync can't smooth out.

Entering new "areas" can also trigger a brief blip, but those could just be the auto-saves. I'd have to pay more attention to that next time.

These other pauses are always there, though, definitely not just the auto-saves. Tried everything I could in-game and out to stamp them out. Seems inherent with how the engine streams in content on fly, don't really know more than that. I do know that the game doesn't seem to utilize that much memory, even in the most intense scenes, kinda strange but likely due to console optimizations. Turning on the "Slow HDD" (using an already fast SSD) seems to reduce them as well, but doesn't truly prevent them and also impacts the variety and density of these random objects in the world so not really a fix.
Yea I think it was mainly the auto save that was causing the related stutters and now that I've finished the game I can say it was the most annoying thing ever (also sometimes when they call for a quest)
You're probably right that there's random micro hitches there and here but for me I mainly noticed stutters related to the auto save and when a quest popped up/got a call.
They really need to give us an option to disable auto saving because it happens waay too frequently.

Last edited:
They really need to give us an option to disable auto saving because it happens waay too frequently.

Forgot to followup: I saw a mention of an autosave ini option somewhere, have been using it for a few hours and it seems to be working. Just don't forget to manually save and quick save once in a while. It definitely alleviated a couple of the random stutters I would experience, but not all.

[SaveConfig]
AutoSaveEnabled = true

AutoSavePeriod = 300
AutoSavePeriodOnLock = 30
CheckpointSavePeriod = 60

I didn't mess with the last three variables myself, just changed AutoSaveEnabled to false and left out the others.

You want create a user.ini file in your install \Cyberpunk 2077\engine\config\platform\pc\ if you don't already have one for something else, and then add that to it.

I noticed switching to fists out and sometimes climbing/jumping over stuff causes a hitch.(micro stutter)
Getting your hands out causes it 100% of the time.You notice like a 15 ms spike every time I put my hands out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom