Random sounds effect on game menu

+
Since last patch I'm getting a random specific sound for no reason while in-game menues. The sound is same one that the one you get when you press "borders", "titles" or "avatars" in the "Trinkets" menu. It triggers every "x" seconds even if I alt+tabbed the game, of course not pressing anything so there is no reason for it to be triggering.

Is anyone else experiencing this? There is any solution? Seems only happening to me since last patch, quite annoying.

Have the same weird sounds every few seconds when alt+tabbed, it happens to me in the play screen, so it shouldn't be caused by the rotating news.

Hmm. So, either there are two new things making such sounds or the news don't actually make it (but I kept hearing such sounds while idling in the main menu).

Curious.

It's probably the sound from the main menu news rotating ("expansion available", "X available in store" etc.).
Yes now that you say seems it comes from these rotating news. What I don't understand is that the menu music stops playing while I alt+tabbed but this "rotating-news" sound keeps triggering forever. In any case seems a totally unnecessary sound and they should know that a lot of people have the game idling while watching twich streamers or doing other stuff, hope they get this fixed asap.

EDIT: seems there is a way to fix it, I went to Options > "Audio" and select "MUTE ALL" for "Mute in background" option (in my case I had selected "mute music and voic", that's why the sound kept going even on background)

Last edited:
What I don't understand is that the menu music stops playing while I alt+tabbed
That's a setting; you can choose what, if any, sounds play while alt-tabbed.
Except the random sounds should not be playing if all sounds are set to mute, of course.

That's a setting; you can choose what, if any, sounds play while alt-tabbed.
Except the random sounds should not be playing if all sounds are set to mute, of course.
yes, by selecting "mute all" seems fixed, at least on background which was quite annoying, thanks.
Post automatically merged:

Have the same weird sounds every few seconds when alt+tabbed, it happens to me in the play screen, so it shouldn't be caused by the rotating news.
yes, I confirm that I'm getting it on the play menu while the news are not visible

seems there is a way to fix it, I went to Options > "Audio" and select "MUTE ALL" for "Mute in background" option
Oh, thank you, good sir, you saved my nerves. Before, I had to go to the deck builder to hide from that annoying "whoosh" while alt-tabbing.

It's still very annoying while you are on the game screen, though.

They should remove that sound at all. It is annoying same as random sounds from a webpage.

Lexor

Forum veteran
main menu > play menu > journey > back to play menu > now sound of rotating news from main menu is in play menu :rolleyes:

I don't want to mute the sound in the background as I often browse the web while waiting for the next opponent.

Top Bottom