Random wanted level

+
Since patch 1.31 I now have wanted level every single time I pass a certain zone. I don't know what to call it, but I have a screen shot of the area. The cops are stuck at wanting me dead. I have tried moving the campaign along, save scumming, fighting back and leaving, etc. Every single time I pass this threshold, I am wanted with a message that indicates a crime has been reported even though I have done nothing to warrant it. It happens when I am driving.
2021-09-15 (2).png

I apologize for cutting a portion of the picture off, but the file was too large to upload. It's basically in Watson around a specific block near what almost appears to be an airport terminal where all the cops are -- maybe it's Watson's police station, I don't know. Every single time I pass it, the cops aggro, and this has never happened before on any of the platforms I've played this on except PC and only after patch 1.31.

It also happen sometimes for me, on Series X, in different location since 1.3 :(
(like near the tunnel in North Oak).

Certainely a bug, so like always, you can report it, if you want and if it's not already done ;)

It also happen sometimes for me, on Series X, in different location since 1.3 :(
(like near the tunnel in North Oak).

Certainely a bug, so like always, you can report it, if you want and if it's not already done ;)
Thanks for this. I tried to do a mega search for my issue, but nothing came up. I will certainly report this bug. I can't play like this, and now every static police squad attacks me on sight no matter what. It will register me as in combat from meters out, and then wanted level one and crime reported thereafter. I can't get close to the Afterlife without being in combat instantly. I didn't even provoke them.

At first I thought it was because I whipped my car around the corner two static cops are near the clothing store in Watson, but it's really anywhere I drive and there are cops investigating crime on the sidewalk. I mean, it's impossible to get around them when they're bugged like this, and I don't remember killing these aggro ones, and the ones near Afterlife I never saw before now; those ones are aggro and show me in combat even before they show on my map. I went around the corner to avoid them and parked in the actual Afterlife parking lot, and it says I'm in combat (this is after a save scum), and I know it's because of those cops doing their thing on the street around the corner of the place.

TBH it's a bit infuriating having to reinstall and restart a game every time bugs like this happen just to troubleshoot this kind of thing when the simplest solution is to overhaul this appalling joke of a crime and punishment system. I can rant about this all day long, but anyone with half a brain can see how stupidly ridiculous this whole wanted thing is in this game. If they meant to copypasta GTA, just do that instead of reinventing a wheel they hardly understand. Cops aren't invincible, cops take time to chase you, cops don't just materialize out of thin air (spawn them a Km out, then they pile out of chase vehicles), and cops don't just get instantly pissed and draw their weapons on crazy driving unless their lives are in immediate danger. Basically driving next to them shouldn't cause them to instantly open fire.

Last edited:
Honestly, it depend where you are in the story, if it was my case, I would try some quests where there is "loading" screen (like Zen Master ones).
It could help to solve this kind of problems (because for me, where the bug appear, not to annoying places, it "fix" itself later)

If it's an ongoing issue to which the only solution is to progress through to a load screen, it means it's a recurring thing that truly needs to be addressed by CDPR. There are only so many loading screens in the entire game where the whole world state is reset, and I am unwilling to reroll my character since I already spent 20 hours, and this is literally my 5th playthrough of the game since release. The only thing I want to do right now is find the console command to delete the cops lol.
Post automatically merged:

CDPR reached out to me about the bug (I reported it through that link you gave me). They are aware of the issue and are working on it ASAP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom