Random werewolves encounters

+
Random werewolves encounters

Has anyone found werewolves in the wild during exploration and not just quest-related? I found only one in skellige and I would like to know if there are also in Velen. I hope they add them in B&W because it's a pity not to find them roaming around during the night time!

Not that I know of. Where did you find him? Maybe he was part of a quest you didn't know you had.

only quest related, never found any random werewolf

well, it seems that I am the lucky one here since I am the only one who have found a non quest-related werewolf!
I found him in ard skellige during night with a pack of white wolves! It also respawn. It is also really cool because it looked identical to the bestiary Ulfhedinn, unlike the cartoonish quest-related werewolves. I also found another Ulfhedinn level 32 guarding the ruins of a castle ( ard skellige too). I would like more of them in the game!!
For this reason I would like to know if other guys have found others

I too found only one "non-quest" werewolf (it was and Ulfhedinn) and it was in the Skellige Isles, northwest of the Abandoned Site south of Sund, near the road.

Yeap i found one in a pack of wolves as well. I believe it was somewhere in no mans land. But it was only one time. Must be super rare

Yeap i found one in a pack of wolves as well. I believe it was somewhere in no mans land. But it was only one time. Must be super rare

Are you sure it was in No man's land? So it's confirmed that wild werewolves can be found also in Novigrad/ Velen? Did it look like quest related werewolves or more like ulfhedinn?

Well, the chance for that must be very low to find a "free" Werewolf.
I've seen only 2. But they are also more or less quest related. Not really suprsing encounters.One at the Spirit Tree Cave in Velen, and one guarding a Cave where Set part is.
The Rest only Quest Werewolfs.They should appear more often, that would result in a better atmosphere.

I saw one by the enterance to village near the road where you do mission for JORUND (the tower contract) at night, i was walking around and i heard some screaming voice at first i though it was a bear but when i came closer i saw 5 white wolves and werewolf next to them :D, thats only 1 time i saw a werewolf (it was yesterday :D)

I stumbled upon a dead werewolf while doing the ?'s on the northern isles of skellige. He was on the shore next to one or two dead guys. Was a while ago, can't remember where exactly.

Can't recall the name of the location, but I found one random werewolf outside that place in Skellige where some mage tried to turn a Nekker into a human, or was it vice-versa, near the entrance of the dungeon next to the tower. In my second playthrough in the same area a draconid spawned instead. So could be a matter of time of day

Oh yeah thought nobody noticed this its basically impossible to find a werewolf roaming the world which is a real shame since its so nice to fight them.As you mentioned that you found one in Skellige,thats probably because only in Skellige is possible...there you can find the Ulfhedinn,which is the Skellige type of werewolf.1st time I found one was very near the entrance of Arinbjorn,if you go there at night he's always there with a pack of wolves.I was riding through when I heard a very loud and different roar...used the witcher senses and went to investigate and there he was...tough SoB too.
A shame that we can't encounter non-related quest werewolves in Velen.

i stumbled on a few by accident in Skellige. and yeah they only come out at night. those forests can be really spooky at times.

Look at his video on youtube, you see Geralt fighting 3 werewolves together in a forest!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2uOsZPtzjc

I have been in this particular forest at 400 mt from Midcopse, but there is no way to find the werewolves! I only find 5 level wolves. Do you think this is because he is maybe playing NG+ ? Do you know if in NG+ you can find different stronger enemies in locations where in the first playthrough they were not? ( But I think monsters of lvl 17 is too few in NG+ ,no ? )

Last edited:
Look at his video on youtube, you see Geralt fighting 3 werewolves together in a forest!

I'd guess that he used the console to summon three werewolves...

There are some werewolf encounters in Skellige - I found 2 outside of specific quests there.
It is stated that there is one in Velen/Novigrad as well but I haven't run across it... plus of course the 2 quest ones that most people have dealt with.

Not aware of any 'multiple werewolf' encounters, and I've never heard mention of them either.

Top Bottom