Randomly Dying During Quest "I Walk The Line"

+
Im in GIM and I came across Sasquatch, the Animals boss before finding the van and I killed her. I then found the van and jacked in and went through the dialogue. After that, Placide instructs V to go to the elevator shaft and find the Netrunner in the cinema. This first play through, the gates are bugged and wont open. I only realized this after struggling for some time and giving in and watching a play through on youtube. So, I backed out to a previous save and the gates now open if I go through the food store. Though, when I go back to the boss room and enter the back hallway that lead to the cinema, I die spontaneously..
So, now I have two saves, one with broken gates that wont open and another where I randomly die for seemingly no reason. Anyone have any idea what causing this? Its really killing my motivation to keep playing.
Post automatically merged:

I think I figured it out. Go to a save before going to the van, preferably after killing the boss Sasquatch and skip the van. Go to the room behind the boss, into the cinema and talk to the Netrunner. For some reason this works. Something about killing Sasquatch before finding the van messes things up. However, you can skip the van entirely after killing Sasquatch, if you kill Sasquatch before finding the van. Hope this helps someone else going forward.

Last edited:
Weird, but I think the "best" should be to "follow" Placide's instructions, i.e find and plug-in to the van before fighting Sasquatch :)

Maybe. I ended up finding (and fighting) Sasquatch as the OP described, then went to and interacted with the van and the shutters opened smoothly for me. I suppose it is possible that I got too close to the shutters and triggered their animation or something, but I don't believe so. The fight was very quick (there is a turret that you can rip off in that room) :)

I am afraid that @Eugenic123 might have encountered a bug.

Maybe. I ended up finding (and fighting) Sasquatch as the OP described, then went to and interacted with the van and the shutters opened smoothly for me. I suppose it is possible that I got too close to the shutters and triggered their animation or something, but I don't believe so. The fight was very quick (there is a turret that you can rip off in that room) :)

I am afraid that @Eugenic123 might have encountered a bug.
I said that because I experienced this bug only once (a good while ago in 1.2), and indeed I defeated Sasquatch before connecting to the van.
And generally, when there is a problem during this quest, often (if not always), Sasquatch was defeated before (shutters locked, game freeze when connecting to the van...)

So maybe if you defeat Sasquatch before, there is more chances (not always) to break the chain of events of the quest. I'm already quite surprised that the "Sasquatch arena" is not locked at first.

I said that because I experienced this bug only once (a good while ago in 1.2), and indeed I defeated Sasquatch before connecting to the van.
And generally, when there is a problem during this quest, often (if not always), Sasquatch was defeated before (shutters locked, game freeze when connecting to the van...)

So maybe if you defeat Sasquatch before, there is more chances (not always) to break the chain of events of the quest. I'm already quite surprised that the "Sasquatch arena" is not locked at first.
Yes, I was surprised they gave me a legal way to reach her without interacting with the van first.

Had the same issue, was sneaking around the upper floor and got to the Sasquatch arena and it changed my primary objective to "defeat Sasquatch", which i did. Then after i jacked into the van all the doors were still locked and i would instantly die after 30 seconds or so. The only way i was able to progress was to reload before Sasquatch and do the van first. I'll echo what LeKill3rFou said, why if this is not the intended path and if it breaks the game, does the game not only easily allow you to do it this way, but actually suggest it via the objective indicator as soon as you see her. Seems like she probably should just not spawn until you jack into the van.

I'll echo what LeKill3rFou said, why if this is not the intended path and if it breaks the game, does the game not only easily allow you to do it this way, but actually suggest it via the objective indicator as soon as you see her. Seems like she probably should just not spawn until you jack into the van.
I think it's because it can have chances to break "something" in the quest events (which don't always happen apparently). May be difficult to figure out why/how it happen for some players and not for others. But yeah, I'm surprised that the arena is not directly "locked" before to connect to the van (it seem to me to be an "easy" fix because there are only two doors to lock...) :(

Yeh, I didnt want to fight Sasquatch again, so I loaded after I killed her, and went right into the cinema, entirely skipping the van and it was fine.

Top Bottom