Rank 15

+
Rank 15

So i've just reached rank 15 after 3 months of gwent (and proud of never having used certain OP decks to reach it, but made the run only with my selfmade nilf control deck). The game says max rank, so i guess it's the equivalent of gwent to legendary?

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
What kind of NG control deck did you use? I have seen a few around. Wondering the difference between yours.

4RM3D;n8028110 said:
What kind of NG control deck did you use? I have seen a few around. Wondering the difference between yours.
It's backbone is cow and cahir. I don't have all the legendaries so i use D-Bomb, Triss and Igni to counter better spam like ST and consume monsters.

DMaster2;n8028330 said:
It's backbone is cow and cahir. I don't have all the legendaries so i use D-Bomb, Triss and Igni to counter better spam like ST and consume monsters.

Huh?

Every Nilfgaard Control deck at rank 15 uses Cows and Cahir as their backbone. Not trying to take away from your victory, but the cards aren't necessarily original as I've seen them all in every Morvran deck at 4k mmr.

Good luck from here on out though. Past 2 days, the meta took a very strange U-Turn away from Bran SK right into Dagon Monster. Not exaggerating when I say earlier I literally played 19 games in a row against Monster Consume and then Monster Weather, that's being used to counter Consume.

Last edited:
ArianeGrosmont;n8036000 said:
just out of curiosity, at what point of the game do you use Cahir?

99% sure it's the ''opponent passes and then his leader gets available again, but he can't use it'' (doesn't matter if your opponent can use his leader ability in third round if it's Bran tho).

ArianeGrosmont;n8036000 said:
just out of curiosity, at what point of the game do you use Cahir?
If i can retain CA round 3. Usually i won't be able to, so it's a good round 2 card especially if i'm trying to get a specific card still in the deck (cantarella, dbomb or igni usually)

Last edited:
ArianeGrosmont;n8038620 said:
Well, that's kinda OP...
As much as spamming 9-12 buffed nekkers, a 25 power ciri dash round 3 after playing her at round 2 and stuff like that. If you want to rank up you need something powerful carriying your deck. You don't go up that much with "fair" cards.

DMaster2;n8043740 said:
If you want to rank up you need something powerful carriying your deck. You don't go up that much with "fair" cards.

Heh, for me that sounds like a big joke. First, you start a thread with only reason to boast about your glorious selfmade not-OP deck and how you reached the top.
Then, it turns out you play very popular, certainly OP Cahir's Dream Team deck made by Mysling with some minor changes.
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/11184-cahirs-dream-team-now-updated-for-trashing-nekkers
Then you even admit that you exploit the widely-discussed Cahir scam.
At the end, you conclude that if you want to be good you can't play fair. WOW.

Last edited:
slow_cheeetah;n8044650 said:
Heh, for me that sounds like a big joke. First, you start a thread with only reason to boast about your glorious selfmade not-OP deck and how you reached the top.
Then, it turns out you play very popular, certainly OP Cahir's Dream Team deck made by Mysling with some minor changes.
http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/11184-c...ashing-nekkers
Then you even admit that you exploit the widely-discussed Cahir scam.
At the end, you conclude that if you want to be good you can't play fair. WOW.
I made the deck myself, i have enough ccg experience to not need a netdeck to rank up the ladder. As for the "cahir scam", as far as i know it's his intended use (otherwise it would've been changed by now). If they are going to nerf him, i'll keep using this deck because i like it. And yeah, Nilf is on the low end compared to other decks. At 4000 mmr you basically only see dagon and king bran.
So sorry if i'm happy about reaching the top without using the top meta decks.

Top Bottom