Rank CDPR games.

+
Witcher 1 --- Gotta give the game a high ranking because it introduced me to the books.
Witcher 3
Witcher 2
Gwent

I rather fancied someone might ask this. It's no mystery, nor of great depth, merely a matter of personal preference. I'm a mediaevalist by training, so I favour swords, sorcery, and mediaevalesque fantasy worlds, rather than dark futures, guns, cars, cities, and cybernetics. I enjoy The Witcher Series enormously, but Cyberpunk holds no appeal for me. It's simply not my style of game.

2077 is still really early to do this ... but soooo far

The Witcher 3
Cyberpunk 2077
The Witcher 2
Thronebreaker
Witcher 1
Gwent
Witcher Adventure Game

I rather fancied someone might ask this. It's no mystery, nor of great depth, merely a matter of personal preference. I'm a mediaevalist by training, so I favour swords, sorcery, and mediaevalesque fantasy worlds, rather than dark futures, guns, cars, cities, and cybernetics. I enjoy The Witcher Series enormously, but Cyberpunk holds no appeal for me. It's simply not my style of game.

Know thyself.

DC9V

Forum veteran
  1. The Witcher 2
  2. The Witcher 3 (especially Blood and Wine)
  3. Cyberpunk2077 [edit: ranked up from 4. to 3.]
  4. Gwent
  5. The Cyberpunk Forum Game
  6. The Witcher 1 (didn't play much yet)

Last edited:
Ah, I suspected that. :)

1. Witcher 1/Witcher 2/Witcher 3 - These 3 games complete eachother so I can't really rank them relative to one another. They also happen to rank highest on my favorite games list.

2. Cyberpunk 2077 - Still not done with this one yet, but from what I've seen, there's no way it even makes it in my top 10 favourite games, let alone dethrone the WItcher franchise from the top. Solid game, lot of ambition in some areas (and lack of ambition in others...) but marred by lack of polish (heh). Could've been one of the greats but, sadly, I don't think it will quite make the cut for me.

3. Thronebreaker - Mobile game with a fun story interrupted by way too much padding along the way.

4. The Witcher Adventure Game - Game sometimes doesn't work when trying to play with friends, and I'm not sure if they ever added a reconnect functionality Also, the AI is not very good, so it's not really playable in Single Player either. Honestly, not all that great, but also not really developed by CDPR, as far as I recall.

5. Gwent - Cash grab, does everything CDPR claims to stand against. A more complete game than The Witcher Adventure Game but its design and monetization do far more harm.

Last edited:
1. Witcher 3
rest of the games

I hope the next Witcher installment will be up there at lonely heights with the Witcher 3

1.) Witcher 3 - When it comes to fantasy RPG, W3 has no equal. CP77 is just as good as W3, maybe even better, but i prefer fantasy over cyberpunk.
2.) Cyberpunk 2077 - I'm a proud member of PC master race so i don't have any big problems with bugs or performance, and the game is a masterpiece.
3.) Gwent - THE BEST card game ever made!
4.) Witcher 2 - The best RPG of it's time.
5.) Thronebreaker - The best single-player campain for a card game i have ever seen.
6.) Witcher 1 - The story is amazing, but i can't say the same about the rest of the game.

Guest 4406876

Same here. The game will never be on my list either.

Guns, cyberpunk setting, some other aspects... no thank you.
What would you say if (Idk I'm just daydreaming here because I know CDPR is perfectly capable of doing Medieval style of games with realistic mechanics for RPGs) CDPR gets (but it's very very unlikely) Warhammer Fantasy License to make a 3rd person adventure in the old world?
I know it's not historical medieval kind of thing, but still fantasy, of the old styles.
Or Idk...D&D or Lord of the Rings..
Or something like Kingdom Comes, in that "realism" kind of setting.

You guys must be really anxious for return of the Witcher.
I... don't think I am. Not really. I'm still playing Witcher 3 over and over and over again, after all. Of course I wouldn't be opposed to a new Witcher game, at all, but I'm also not wishing they'd announce one. It will no doubt happen at some point, I believe I've seen them state as much in some interview or article -- and that's good enough for me.

1. Witcher 3
2. Witcher 2
3. Witcher 1

CyberPunk 2077 is good, but I think it's a fraud for the top management to hide the truth of unfinished game.So many bugs,so many people have same question.I can't believe 2077 have finished the quality test. They really did?They really played it on PS4 and low configuration computer?

The game is the work of a lot of people, not theirs.Many employees have been working overtime. Thank you to every worker and every artist!The game is very good. [...]

You guys must be really anxious for return of the Witcher.
Not necessarily anxious, but it would be nice to see a fresh entry in the Series, eventually.

(As an aside, I've always felt the REDs missed an opportunity, when they could have released a third expansion for Witcher III, after Blood and Wine. Enthusiasm certainly wasn't lacking, at least on the side of the players.)
What would you say if (Idk I'm just daydreaming here because I know CDPR is perfectly capable of doing Medieval style of games with realistic mechanics for RPGs) CDPR gets (but it's very very unlikely) Warhammer Fantasy License to make a 3rd person adventure in the old world?
I know it's not historical medieval kind of thing, but still fantasy, of the old styles.
Or Idk...D&D or Lord of the Rings..
Or something like Kingdom Comes, in that "realism" kind of setting.
I think I'd prefer if CDPR stuck with The Witcher's material, or created another mediaeval fantasy world of their own, rather than pick up an existing one, although I realise the examples named are quite popular.

Guest 4406876

I think I'd prefer if CDPR stuck with The Witcher's material, or created another mediaeval fantasy world of their own, rather than pick up an existing one, although I realise the examples named are quite popular.
I strongly agree.

I agree, there's a lot of other stories to explore in this universe. I love medieval fantasy settings.

It doesn't even have to be about a Witcher. Thronebreaker is a perfect example for that (although - for me - it was lacking in the gameplay department, the story was amazing).

Still, I do understand the desire to try something different instead.

Top Bottom