Rank CDPR games.

+
1) Cyberpunk 77
2) Thronebreaker
3) Witcher 3
4) Witcher 2

I won't even rate witcher 1 because this game was painful for me to play but i managed to finish it. Didn't like it. And gwent, well, not really a fan of it.

Thronebreaker is a perfect example for that (although - for me - it was lacking in the gameplay department, the story was amazing).
Indeed. I enjoyed the story very much, and I applauded the Devs for attempting such an innovative gameplay style, given the limitations. It's different, at any rate -- although, overall, I think it might have worked better as a real-time strategy or a strategy RPG, rather than a card/puzzle game. Oh, well.

1) Witcher 3 with expansions
2) Witcher 2
3) CP2077
4) Witcher 1
5) Thronebreaker

I never played online Gwent. I have no interest in MMOs at all.

CP2077 is really flawed but not awful. I'll likely finish it 2-3 times. I might wait for an expansion for the 3rd time.

The worst thing about CP2077 is they did a bad job introducing many of the characters, especially the Fixers. Some fixers have an interesting backstory and co-operating with them feels like a choice, others feel like filler.

1. The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt with all its expansions and story and choices that matter. (Still the best RPG on market)
even without it's expansion it is still a masterful RPG.
2. The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings
3. The Witcher Complete Director's cut
4. Gwent
5. Thronebreaker
6. The Witcher The Adventure Game

Will not rate Cyberpunk cause in my view its not complete, not finished, and will have to wait and see what CDPR does with it. If they do not bring in what was promised or go the GTA Online route crap I'll just write it off as if it doesn't exist. Will most likely write off CDPR too if that happens. It all hangs on next year I guess. If I had to rate it as it sits now... It would be at number 7 Cause of what I already stated.

1. Witcher 2 and 3
2. Cyberpunk
3. Witcher 1

?. Gwent

Really can't tell if Witcher 2 or 3 is better. I would like to say that 3 is easily better, but there were some really amazing things in Witcher 2 that I really loved. So in the end they are both best in their own ways.

Cyberpunk is second, because it's not wizards and dragons. Definitely not my genre, but still enjoying the game a lot. And I think after 66 hours I can already say this, even if we haven't seen all possible content yet.

Witcher 1 is last, and it might be more of a fault of me not ever completing it than actually game's fault. I actually enjoyed the game when I was playing it, but due to several unfortunate events it ended up being on hold so long, that I never got back into it. It wasn't quite good enough so that I would have wanted to start all over again from the beginning after a break that long, since I had already gotten quite far in it. And I didn't manage to just continue it from where I was, since I had already forgotten so much.

Gwent... I think it's not really comparable enough with these other games. I did play it quite a lot pre Homecoming and did enjoy the game a lot back then, but unfortunately after the game changed, I just didn't have time or patience to start learning everything again, no matter how cool it looks now (and the game does look great). Specially since I'm not that much of a card game person. Time to time I still miss the game, though.

DC9V

Forum veteran
1. Witcher 2 and 3
2. Cyberpunk
3. Witcher 1

?. Gwent

Really can't tell if Witcher 2 or 3 is better. I would like to say that 3 is easily better, but there were some really amazing things in Witcher 2 that I really loved. So in the end they are both best in their own ways.

Cyberpunk is second, because it's not wizards and dragons. Definitely not my genre, but still enjoying the game a lot. And I think after 66 hours I can already say this, even if we haven't seen all possible content yet.

Witcher 1 is last, and it might be more of a fault of me not ever completing it than actually game's fault. I actually enjoyed the game when I was playing it, but due to several unfortunate events it ended up being on hold so long, that I never got back into it. It wasn't quite good enough so that I would have wanted to start all over again from the beginning after a break that long, since I had already gotten quite far in it. And I didn't manage to just continue it from where I was, since I had already forgotten so much.

Gwent... I think it's not really comparable enough with these other games. I did play it quite a lot pre Homecoming and did enjoy the game a lot back then, but unfortunately after the game changed, I just didn't have time or patience to start learning everything again, no matter how cool it looks now (and the game does look great). Specially since I'm not that much of a card game person. Time to time I still miss the game, though.
Gwent is great! The current expansion seems to be pretty balanced, from what I've seen.

Witcher 2 is where it began for me and will always be on top.
Then probably W3 and W1 side by side. I really loved the unqiue atmosphere in witcher 1.
Gwent is alright, but the cookie cutter decks just ruin it for me.
And I am going to hold ranking Cyberpunk until they finish the game.

1)Cyberpunk 2077 (why? Because it's where I've always wanted to be and due to my life, where I've always felt I am. People can complain about missing features {rightly so, and I won't fault you} and bugs, but the atmosphere, the environment. We are two steps away from it in America. It's "real" to me. And I needed this game this year. For me, they delivered. The devs, not the company as a whole. The trying as hard as you can to fail anyway? Me and the devs have a lot in common. )
2) Witcher 3 - Masterpiece, speaks for itself
3) Witcher 1 - An ambitious attempt at something the studio had no right to try. And what was accomplished was incredible beyond belief.
4) Witcher 2 - wanted to love it but it just drove me away with all the fundamentals. 3 proved that wasn't what they should have been shooting for despite the excellent story telling.

With this release I will never pre-order anything ever, period. Proves that corporate interests will ruin anything it becomes involved with. But I will look for the passion, dedication, and sheer effort I've loved since I bought that weird ass Witcher 1 enhanced edition waaaaaaaay back in the day. If the devs have their way, everything will be put to rights, and if it doesn't, I'll blame the corpos in CDPR. Why? Because I'm a fanboy? Sure, if you're that small minded to ignore nuance. I believe in the same guys that made the games I enjoy profusely to this day. Not the spineless shills that somehow effed up the one thing in gaming that should have been a slam dunk, hands down, across the board.

Don't believe me, then you haven't driven across Night City in the right car, headed to the right mission, with the right build, and having the right song playing. That feeling, it's never been created in any game I have ever played. It's here. Buried under all the other BS at times. But it's definitely there. And if you missed it, I'm sorry for you choom. I truly am, you missed out.

Any other studio, I'd have written off. But these cats, they get it. That's the reason Mike Pondsmith gave them the shot in the first place. And unless something profusely effed up happens from here to then, I still have faith it will get even better. The last bastion of gaming. Guess I am a fanboy after all. But from what I got from the first and third Witcher, the guys actually making the games earned it. I believe in them. I see and feel the work they put in it. And they might still fail me, and I'll gladly play the fool after that. But for now the artists, level designers, riggers, programmers, etc, they earned my respect and adoration with the experiences they have gifted me from before. I ain't throwing that away because the executives they trusted threw their work under a bus. I know what it's like to give your all and have some suit piss all over what you created. So I guess we will see.

My moods alter my ratings pretty frequently.

As it stands;

TW3
TW1 (love me the Aurora engine and still think it has created the greatest collection of RPG games out of any engines)
Cyberpunk 2077
TW2
Throne-breaker

Top Bottom