Ranked Play season end moved to January 10th

+
I'm extremely upset.

Informing about this 11 minutes before the end of the season makes all my efforts pointless. I've worked hard to get into the top 1000, and I've done it. But now I'll lose my position, as I don't have the opportunity to play until the weekend.

I think this is unfair. Can you just freeze the leaderboard and make no MMR changes for these two days?

Last edited:
Great decision to delay the start of the next season, but a rather bad idea to end the current one two days later.

It's basicly spitting in face of every player working to get somewhere between rank 1 - 1000 very disappointing and unprofessional. I understand you guys might need more time before releasing new season but you could just finish this season as planned and make 2 days delay before new ranked season starts.

Last edited:
If you pack dwarfs into the rocket and send them one way into abyss I will be even happy. Now I am sad because it is my first season and I w8 for my 18 kegs to craft my new deck. With present one since dwarfs meta appeared my winratio dropped form around 50% to 33.33% (data from yesterdays 15 games, at the same rank).

I'm not in top 1000, so I'm okay with this. However, top 1000 players have good reason to be (very) angry. I 100% expect CDPR to give out double ranking rewards (based on top 1000 today and top 1000 the 10th) in compensation. The sooner they announce this, however, the better.

Please let this be a joke ..!!! why last minute ?? What an awful Decision. We are very hard tried for getting these positions.. i'm on #244.. Thank you !!

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 4159620

I love how mods here desperately accept and justify every decision company makes. They accept release of unfinished patch in the middle of a season. Then they accept and justify season end delay coz devs are fixing smth.
You guys are omnivorous. GJ.

How can they do this seriously, one hour before the season was supposed to end? WTH?

I understand the reasoning behind it but it is such a bad decision. They should apologize and end the season ASAP.

Delay the season, that is completely fine but end the current one as you announced such a long time ago.

If the said announcement was made couple of days ago then all right but I mean... I don't even know what to say.

You know the sad part? They will dismiss all this as a rant of the vocal minority...

Burza's gonna have a great time explaining this one to angry fans. I don't really care, as my mighty rank 13's good enough for me. But this is rather silly. Removing ranked for 2 days would have been much better than extending the season 15 minutes before it was supposed to end.

Hang in there guys.

There is so much negativity surrounding Gwent lately, while we all know that the devs do care about making a great game, which makes it all the more painful. I'll be honest here. I didn't expect such a backlash to happen. Everyone is complaining, but most are just doing so on principal, rather than actually being directly negatively affected by it. For those that are on the cut-off point, I can understand the frustration. However, it's still only a very small number of players. That's not an excuse to justify this kind of practice; just simple statistics. Now, I can get behind players complaining about the rushed Midwinter patch, but for this situation, we need to give CDPR a bit of slack for trying to fix things, instead of grabbing a baseball bat for another round of bashing.

What am I reading??? You "take into account community feedback"??? Since when? I'd like to live to that day... So if you do so indeed, might I presume, that:

- matchmaking will be more just?
- the game will reward players for their progress and not punish them?
- the game will favour real players and not the last-moment-bastards, so Iris, Ciri: Nova, Olaf & Shoop will either cease to exist or be transformed into something more of BALANCE?
- unless the game is meant as a country club and diversion for rich businessmen, them kegs will cost reasonable prices?
- if something new will come, it's gonna be always the best possible idea and not the stupidest?

​​​​​​​Eh?

4RM3D;n10180272 said:
There is so much negativity surrounding Gwent lately,

Easy remedy... Make it positive, and there will be positivity. Food for thought...

"very small number of players"??? - you wish...

Last edited:
ScalaReale;n10180342 said:
can I just ask you honestly, what is the link between ending the season as planned and fixing the game?

CDPR wants to release the patch before the start of new season and needs some extra time to get things ready. Meanwhile, ranked is extended, instead of putting it on ice.

4RM3D;n10180272 said:
There is so much negativity surrounding Gwent lately, while we all know that the devs do care about making a great game, which makes it all the more painful. I'll be honest here. I didn't expect such a backlash to happen. Everyone is complaining, but most are just doing so on principal, rather than actually being directly negatively affected by it. For those that are on the cut-off point, I can understand the frustration. However, it's still only a very small number of players. That's not an excuse to justify this kind of practice; just simple statistics. Now, I can get behind players complaining about the rushed Midwinter patch, but for this situation, we need to give CDPR a bit of slack for trying to fix things, instead of grabbing a baseball bat for another round of bashing.

You are right, I am not directly negatively affected by it, apart from having to wait on my season rewards and therefore my new cards. Still, it is just not how to treat your player base. And yes, only a small number of players are affected. But the frustration must be huge for those guys affected. And these are probably the people who play gwent the most.

So there are two options:

1. Let Johnny Casual not play ranked for two days and fix the really rushed patch you uploaded (which you should have tested before releasing it too early), then start a new season.
2. Or simply extend the season for two days, communicating it 13 (!) minutes before it was supposed to end and in the process screw over the people who play your game the most.

Option 1 seems more favourable to me.

EDIT: 11 minutes beforehand actually.

4RM3D;n10180422 said:
CDPR wants to release the patch before the start of new season and needs some extra time to get things ready. Meanwhile, ranked is extended, instead of putting it on ice.

I see no link between the 2 things, but thanks.
especially considered they started pro ladder with the current patch.

Pretty happy i get 2 more days to try to reach 4500MMR but i do understand the need of maybe having been told 1 day in advance at least.

Top Bottom