Ranked Play season ending August 27th — a message from Paweł Burza

+
What does this mean for me being a brand new player? Does this mean no more of the better rewards (kegs/ore) from ranked? How long will I be relegated to quick play? Does anyone know the date ranked opens up, or the patch arrives?

Thanks!

agntorng;n9383711 said:
What does this mean for me being a brand new player? Does this mean no more of the better rewards (kegs/ore) from ranked? How long will I be relegated to quick play? Does anyone know the date ranked opens up, or the patch arrives?

Thanks!

Rank rewards should be about,or the same as last season

You have to reach level 10 to play ranked matches

September 1st starts both ladders..the original and now the pro

Live stream from the devs on Monday ...patchs usually follow soon after..most likley a day before the ladder starts or a day after the live stream... lol

Chaob_N7;n9383431 said:
Same for me man, I feel absolutely robbed. I was in the Gwent Challenger during closed beta but this season had no incentives announced so I quit playing figuring I'd start in next patch but then with only 2 weeks left they make this ninja announcement and I'm too busy to play that much at that point.

Now everyone who got in has a huge advantage on the tourney scene for being in the first pro season ladder. They have to stop pulling these things at the last minute, stuff this important should wait and be announced at the beginning of a season, not at the end so people can actually compete rather than go into a mad frenzy at the last second trying to qualify.

I believe if you are really into competitive gaming, you don't need rewards aside from the fact that you are, say, in the top 1% of the players on the ladder.
I really don't get people complaining that Pro Ladder was announced too late. Are you really saying that you have time to play at least 400 games (to unlock 100% MMR for each of 4 factions) in 2 months on Pro Ladder, but didn't have time to make it to rank 20 in 3 months?

I don't consider myself a pro player, but getting to rank 18 was a breeze (and I did that without netdecking with my own NR and SK decks) and my winrate was around 70%. Moreover, most of the days I played only to get the first 100 ore reward.

The only grindy part was getting from 3900 to 4250. Again, it was pretty easy up to 4150, but then it took me about 30 games (only getting from ~4200 to 4251 took 13 wins and 10 losses), and I also had to switch to SK discard deck.

So my point is, a good player can easily get up to rank 18-19 only by doing dailies (winning the first 6 rounds). And then it's a week grind up to rank 20.

Esmer;n9385381 said:
Are you really saying that you have time to play at least 400 games (to unlock 100% MMR for each of 4 factions) in 2 months on Pro Ladder, but didn't have time to make it to rank 20 in 3 months?

As I said, I didn't play because there were no announcements, there was plenty of time but I didn't use it when there were no announcements. It seemed logical that the next patch or two should be 1.0 so I expected them to announce any tourney play at the beginning of that season.

I've been playing since 2 weeks after closed beta launched in 2016, patches and hotfixes were much more frequent the first few months and up till around May of this year which kept things fresh (therefore fun to figure out what works). As soon as open beta went live I had most of the cards already through rewards and past keg purchases so this last season I played for the first month back when the top mmr was much lower and then all but stopped for the last 2 months because I felt I'd rather play when there are more cards to flesh out the archetypes, and since there were no announcements for competitive play in this season I saw no reason to grind for the sake of grinding alone.

Last edited:
This most likely has been asked already but I couldn't find it. I'm just wondering when ranked play will be open to play again? I got my end of season rewards but all I can choose is casual and friend match. Thanks for any help.

I stand corrected? The original rank ladder is up now?
pro starts sept 1st...

I can't verify this because I haven't messed around with the game today ...but I think that's what I read here somewhere

sorry 8)

Top Bottom