Ranked Play season ending August 27th — a message from Paweł Burza

+
I've just got to 4213 points today with Foltest. When you are above 4100 a win is about 19 points, loss is 22. Really want to push to 4250 for rank 20, but i'm afraid i will lose below the 4200 cut off. See a lot of dagons and calveit today.

Well i've been thinking that the top players should have their "own league" and the new ladder is something like that. Hope they focus on it and won't come to bully casual players.
Would be horrible start for the new season if you had to face the proplayers right at the start, even though they will be ahead already if the third of the points stay.

onlytrung;n9331091 said:
I've just got to 4213 points today with Foltest. When you are above 4100 a win is about 19 points, loss is 22. Really want to push to 4250 for rank 20, but i'm afraid i will lose below the 4200 cut off. See a lot of dagons and calveit today.

I'm totally in the same situation here! Just hit 4217 myself. After struggling around 50% winrate for days. Since rank 20 doesn't really have any extra cool rewards (+50 extra for season) and 400 dust for the actual rank I'm considering just keeping out of ranked for the rest of the time. Then again, 2 more wins for 400 dust isn't to shabby either.

Ahnuld78;n9331481 said:
Well i've been thinking that the top players should have their "own league" and the new ladder is something like that. Hope they focus on it and won't come to bully casual players.
Would be horrible start for the new season if you had to face the proplayers right at the start, even though they will be ahead already if the third of the points stay.
Is this a "participation badge" attitude? How do they bully casual players? If you're playing in the ranked you're not casual anymore. And btw, everybody will have an access to the ranked play. Those above 4200k will have an additional ladder but don't you think they'll forget about this one. They will need to reach that mark again next season to play the extra ladder.

onlytrung;n9331091 said:

Exoclyps;n9331681 said:
I'm totally in the same situation here! Just hit 4217 myself. After struggling around 50% winrate for days. Since rank 20 doesn't really have any extra cool rewards (+50 extra for season) and 400 dust for the actual rank I'm considering just keeping out of ranked for the rest of the time. Then again, 2 more wins for 400 dust isn't to shabby either.

I would push for it, friends. But in no way or form do I want to affect your decision making :cheers:

Last edited:
HenryGrosmont;n9332251 said:
How do they bully casual players? If you're playing in the ranked you're not casual anymore.

They reached the top > lack of content so they make an alt (smurf) account to stomp the newcomers. That's how it goes in every game, let it be MMORPG or whatever.
I don't want to be a crybaby, but everyone wants to play fair and even matches, right?

If someone plays only those 6 winning rounds a day (ranked or not), in my eyes that person is still a casual compared to those who have hundreds of matches under their belt.

What i meant was to have higher and lower pool in ranked, the higher one having obviously better prizes.

Ahnuld78;n9332361 said:
They reached the top > lack of content so they make an alt (smurf) account to stomp the newcomers. That's how it goes in every game, let it be MMORPG or whatever.
I don't want to be a crybaby, but everyone wants to play fair and even matches, right?
Stomp? How many of the top players do that? Besides, I'm sure they play on f2p accounts so, stomping new players is a non-issue.
Fair and even matches? What about all those who spend their money and have advanced decks since the first rank? Should they be punished or ostracised in some matter?
Ahnuld78;n9332361 said:
If someone plays only those 6 winning rounds a day (ranked or not), in my eyes that person is still a casual compared to those who have hundreds of matches under their belt.
I'm sorry, if you're playing just 6 rounds a day, you have no business playing ranked. It just won't do anything. I think it's only logical AND fair that people who spent more time and hone their skill in this game achieve higher results and get better rewards.
Ahnuld78;n9332361 said:
What i meant was to have higher and lower pool in ranked, the higher one having obviously better prizes.
I have to disagree again. By playing a better competition, you become a better player yourself. If I want to get to the higher ranks and beat a stiffer competition (and earn better prizes, as you put it), I have to play them.
Ranked is a competitive mode. Playing it casually and complaining about that is counter-intuitive, I'm afraid. Hope I made myself clear.

HenryGrosmont;n9332251 said:
I would push for it, friends. But in no way or form do I want to affect your decision making :cheers:

After that I had a lot of losses on casual even, so that kind of reinforced my feeling of not wanting to push it. I'm perfectly happy with how far I reached!

If I have exactly 4200, will I get access to that secret vip tournament???
Or I need 4201???
My hands are so shaking to open gwent again)))))))))))))))) like the first time when I did zero-gravity flight))))

ps: my previous post was at a wrong topic..

Hello,

ingame rewards table for borders matches the one posted here, however requirements for titles/borders shown in Trinkets tab is off:

1-501: Ranger
1-251: Trapper
1-101: Hunter
1-26: Rebel
1-2: Defender
1: Protector

Personally, ingame one makes much more sense to me since there are 6 tiers of titles/borders, both having the same range.

I'd like to know which one is correct.

Thanks in advance for a reply.

HenryGrosmont;n9332511 said:
Stomp? How many of the top players do that? Besides, I'm sure they play on f2p accounts so, stomping new players is a non-issue.
Fair and even matches? What about all those who spend their money and have advanced decks since the first rank? Should they be punished or ostracised in some matter?

I'm sorry, if you're playing just 6 rounds a day, you have no business playing ranked. It just won't do anything. I think it's only logical AND fair that people who spent more time and hone their skill in this game achieve higher results and get better rewards.

I have to disagree again. By playing a better competition, you become a better player yourself. If I want to get to the higher ranks and beat a stiffer competition (and earn better prizes, as you put it), I have to play them.
Ranked is a competitive mode. Playing it casually and complaining about that is counter-intuitive, I'm afraid. Hope I made myself clear.

Don't ever, you listening closely? EVER, tell someone they shouldn't be doing something or belong somewhere because they don't meet your arbitrary standards of investment in a video game.

The system is designed in such a way that if they are not good enough or get bad matchups it will handle them accordingly.

If I learned anything in playing video games for over ten years of my life its that time investment never equates to skill or capability.

It doesn't matter if the top players stomp or not, when I go to get my keg for the day I play my 3K+ deck and I face people who play 3K+ decks themselves since there is a hidden ladder in casual. So once new people rise in that ladder they get stomped by people like me who are not playing to test out fun deck ideas but are mainly there to get our six games done for the day. Its gross, it happens constantly and its a major turnoff from the game especially now that everyone has gotten a decent pool of cards. Its only going to get worse as new cards are released and veterans will have quick or quicker access to them. This poses a major threat to the growth of the game which is lacking content atm besides its ranked and pseudo-ranked play modes.

Moderator's reminder to all visitors: Please, make an effort to respect your fellow players on the Forums. The Gwent Community welcomes a wide range of experience and skill levels. So, please, respect these as well. Let's keep the game, and discussions thereof, friendly. Thank you.

Ageless_Emperion;n9343551 said:
Don't ever, you listening closely? EVER, tell someone they shouldn't be doing something or belong somewhere because they don't meet your arbitrary standards of investment in a video game.
Ironic...

The system is designed in such a way that if they are not good enough or get bad matchups it will handle them accordingly.
Ageless_Emperion;n9343551 said:
If I learned anything in playing video games for over ten years of my life its that time investment never equates to skill or capability.

It doesn't matter if the top players stomp or not, when I go to get my keg for the day I play my 3K+ deck and I face people who play 3K+ decks themselves since there is a hidden ladder in casual. So once new people rise in that ladder they get stomped by people like me who are not playing to test out fun deck ideas but are mainly there to get our six games done for the day. Its gross, it happens constantly and its a major turnoff from the game especially now that everyone has gotten a decent pool of cards. Its only going to get worse as new cards are released and veterans will have quick or quicker access to them. This poses a major threat to the growth of the game which is lacking content atm besides its ranked and pseudo-ranked play modes.
I like this entitlement fest, don't get me wrong. Makes my quiet hours at work filled with reading them and pondering maybe CDPR should give rewards just for posting on forums.

TheShift;n9343891 said:
I managed to hit rank 18 yesterday ..kinda my goal before seasons end..I made that.yay
now I have what 6 days to get 2 more ranks.

cutting it close lol
Good luck, mate.
It will be slower from 19 onward but you can do it easily.

I wish you guys would make an official statement/message regarding your stance on network exploits such as drop hacks and lag switch. What's the point of these seasonal rewards/incentives if some people won't play fair?

TheShift;n9343891 said:
I managed to hit rank 18 yesterday ..kinda my goal before seasons end..I made that.yay
now I have what 6 days to get 2 more ranks.

cutting it close lol

Same here...reached Rank 18 on 27th July. That was my goal. Since that day I only play Casual for fun and for the daily kegs. I read the post about Gwent Master and I know, I'm not a competitive player in that way: don't have enough time, can't travel to Master events, etc. Short: I'm not a PRO Player. And the new ladder is for PRO player, who play hundreds of matches. So I'm happy with my rank now and with the old ladder in the new season. Feels good too.

No Title

Just to become sure - 4205 is enough to get the access?

Attachments

• photo165641.png
    photo165641.png
    200.8 KB · Views: 45
HenryGrosmont;n9343931 said:
Good luck, mate.
It will be slower from 19 onward but you can do it easily.

Appreciate the words bro..
almost hit 19 tonight..fell on a loosing streak of 4.
basically starring back..from where I started lol

grrr..lol

DerNischel;n9353071 said:
Just to become sure - 4205 is enough to get the access?
If you stop playing, it is. The question is: can you?
TheShift;n9353221 said:
Appreciate the words bro..
almost hit 19 tonight..fell on a loosing streak of 4.
basically starring back..from where I started lol

grrr..lol
What deck/s?

Top Bottom