Ranked Play season ending soon!

+

Dominika

CD PROJEKT RED
Ranked Play season ending soon!

Current Ranked Play season will end on February 7th at 1 PM CET which means you have 5 more days to rank up!

End of the season rewards will be distributed the next day (February 8th), together with the balance patch and start of a new season.

Please keep ptr more, i dont care about ranked , wont play until is patched.
:mean:

partci

Forum veteran
Can't wait for this atrocious season to end. Absolutely the worst experience in Gwent to date. Can't even force myself to go above 17.

It's nigh impossible to get Vernon Roche guys... I can't for the life of me climb above rank 19. What a mess. Even if I decide to say "well everyone's playing dwarves anyway and I am this high in ranked, might as well try them" I'll always just run into counter-dwarves decks like mill.

5 more days of torture.
i have 2 rank-related quests that are rotting there since i got rank 16 and got bored of playing vs the 3 same decks. i wanted to wait till next season but thought "meh, lets do it". i "only" have to play 10 ranked games and win 5 of them. i play 1 or 2 games, get so discusted and stop playing.
either its super op ST decks, abusive NG or plain stupid consume decks.

casual mode is fine to play. ppl actualy play clever decks there. and if u meet that 1 guy who has to play his net-deck in casual, u can still abort mission without any loss or bad feeling. but ranked mode is so.. f.u.b.a.r.
good luck fixing that

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel it's gonna get even worse when Veterans are back. It's a shame because I wanted Vernon Roche so badly :/

With the current MMR system and imbalance, everyone should be given all the avatars and borders!

Especially considering that you guys broke your promise on new characters never being locked behind top 1k. The season was an insult to everyone who actaully has a life.

Esmer;n10388722 said:
As of now there are only 16 players at or above 4500 MMR, each of those with 200+ games, some with 600+ games. Not bravery, but grind, that's how you win.

Basically this. They should just give away the trinkets and avatars to everyone, like AenDhoine already suggested. I believe it's only fair given the fact that ranking up is impossible.

Edit: Forgot to mention the Letho avatar... yeah why is he locked for only the top 1% only? They did indeed say that only variations of existing characters would be reserved for top 1k.

Last edited:
AenDhoine;n10391492 said:
everyone should be given all the avatars and borders!
TheNotoriousThree;n10391532 said:
They should just give away the trinkets and avatars to everyone

Like I've also mentioned in another thread, if CDPR gives everyone the avatar and border then it becomes meaningless precisely because everyone has it. On top of that, it would be unfair to those who are currently in the top fighting for a chance to get the rewards.

Last edited:
4RM3D;n10391622 said:
Like I also mentioned in another thread, when CDPR gives everyone the avatar and border then it becomes meaningless precisely because everyone has it. On top of that, it would be unfair to those who are currently in the top fighting for a chance to get the rewards.

Yeah, I see your point. But it still remains meaningless if all it requires to get it is grinding all day with the best deck, not to mention that it is also unfair to those who won't be able to get it because of the unrefined ranking system and imbalance.

By giving everything away, everyone gets something, I don't see a bad thing there. Again, let's not forget that Letho does not yet exist in the game but is still for top 1k players only. And I doubt that the top 1k players all do it for the trinkets anyway.

That's my opinion. Would be interested to read what others think about this.

AenDhoine;n10391492 said:
With the current MMR system and imbalance, everyone should be given all the avatars and borders!

Especially considering that you guys broke your promise on new characters never being locked behind top 1k. The season was an insult to everyone who actaully has a life.

This. I really don't know wtf is going on with developers. They make so ameteurish mistakes. They even broke their promise.

TheNotoriousThree;n10391532 said:
Edit: Forgot to mention the Letho avatar... yeah why is he locked for only the top 1% only? They did indeed say that only variations of existing characters would be reserved for top 1k.

When and where did they state that new characters won't be locked behind the ranked gameplay mode? Eredin (without helmet) was only available to players at rank 20 and above during the last season.

Also, who is to say that they won't release variations of the locked characters in the future? You could be getting a Letho in 3-4 months that look vastly different from the current one in some random event.

What they should do, is to create an achievement system that rewards players with borders and avatars. Example: 200 wins with the Monsters rewards the player with a Dagon avatar.

Last edited:
Come on guys, like 4RM3D sad CDPR can't give to all rewards cause they will be worth nothing. Still we will get Letho avatar some other day so no worry

A lot of people trying to say ranked rewards should be given to everyone because of reasons... Thats just ignorance, ya maybe you have some good points about the current system but claiming to deserve rewards because you dont have time to grind? Dumb. Last i checked any game that has a ranked ladder system requires grinding to rank up. You dont deserve anything just because you didn't have time to grind it or didn't like that the meta is 3 decks and mainly dwarves. The games still in beta chill out.

Now with that being said, having multiple seasons occur in beta seems kind of silly to me. Like what about those players waiting for the official release, now they're never going to get those 6+ season rewards.

Lastly, why are the majority of these top players at a 50% win rate or lower. It really is just a grind to get to the top. I noticed it hearthstone without them announcing wins/loss ratio, but this is basically my proof in the pudding lol. That always seemed silly to me. Can be hard to fix though, so i guess its the easiest answer.

Sarn_paradox;n10392762 said:
A lot of people trying to say ranked rewards should be given to everyone because of reasons... Thats just ignorance, ya maybe you have some good points about the current system but claiming to deserve rewards because you dont have time to grind? Dumb. Last i checked any game that has a ranked ladder system requires grinding to rank up. You dont deserve anything just because you didn't have time to grind it or didn't like that the meta is 3 decks and mainly dwarves. [...]
I agree with that, not with the rest.
AenDhoine
TheNotoriousThree
Your fun with the game and your approval/disapproval of the meta and the ranking system are no reason to grant you rewards that are not meant for you. If it says top 1000 and you don't reach that - for what reason doesn't matter - you don't have the right to claim that reward, that's it. Complaining about it / giving feedback is your right on the other hand; This was the first one month season it was supposed to have teething troubles, now it's on CDPR to get rid of them and improve the system. Furthermore I do agree/ am of the opinion that the low and mid rank MMR level should grant way more MMR points in this 1 months seasons. But not above rank 19/20.

Sarn_paradox;n10392762 said:
[...]Lastly, why are the majority of these top players at a 50% win rate or lower.[...]
This is simply a lie if you refer to the top 1000. I can't check it right now, but I don't recall any of them having a win rate close to or even lower than 50%, except of that guy that played 1000 games with about 450-550 record.

Top Bottom