Ranked Progression Toggle isn't Saved

+
After every casual match, the toggle is switched back to ranked progression. This should not happen. :mad:

To add to this... I've noticed after going AFK, locking my screen and returning later results in the game queuing automatically if the "play" screen is left open. So I end up coming back and I'm already entering a game. If I intended on coming back to enter a game this is okay. If I did not intend on entering a game.... heh....

After every casual match, the toggle is switched back to ranked progression. This should not happen.
A roundabout way to help new players to get better game experiences maybe, instead of much tougher work to optimize the matchmaking mechanism of casual mode.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
when you dont want to queue for ranked and play casual, after a game you MUST disable ranked progression again

ranked progression doesnt stay off like it should

rrc

Forum veteran
A roundabout way to help new players to get better game experiences maybe, instead of much tougher work to optimize the matchmaking mechanism of casual mode.
This seems to me the most possible and probable reason. Until I read that I was rooting for the OP suggestions, but now, I think this should be left as is.

BTW, I play casual mostly now to try some decks (and I am one win away from being Rank 6 and not have the courage and mood to play Ranked for sometime) and this auto toggle infuriates me. But if it is going to help new comers/players, I would prefer that it is left alone, for the greater good!

[If you think about it, there is no mention of 'Casual' anywhere, where in, a new player will automatically click and try that.]

I noticed the toggle actually gets saved but the checkbox is displayed as checked. So the next game you might think you're playing RANKED (because the checkbox says so) when in fact you're still on casual mode.

Basically I uncheck RANKED PROGRESSION to test a new deck, see if it works as intended, or is lacking. I don't want to do that in RANKED mode.

One time I was content with the new deck, and since on the next game the checkbox appeared as checked, I thought I was good to try it in RANKED. However after 5 or more games I realized I've actually been playing UNRANKED the whole time. The checkbox doesn't reflect the real setting.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
I noticed the toggle actually gets saved but the checkbox is displayed as checked. So the next game you might think you're playing RANKED (because the checkbox says so) when in fact you're still on casual mode.

Basically I uncheck RANKED PROGRESSION to test a new deck, see if it works as intended, or is lacking. I don't want to do that in RANKED mode.

One time I was content with the new deck, and since on the next game the checkbox appeared as checked, I thought I was good to try it in RANKED. However after 5 or more games I realized I've actually been playing UNRANKED the whole time. The checkbox doesn't reflect the real setting.
You are right. I also wanted to create a post about it. Currently, we don't know if we are playing casual or ranked once you play a game in casual. The button shows wrong results.

You are right. I also wanted to create a post about it. Currently, we don't know if we are playing casual or ranked once you play a game in casual. The button shows wrong results.

I noticed if you click it twice, it works fine after. Just like a little reset..

Top Bottom