Ranked Update

+
Giomancer;n9134340 said:
Some maths based on recent matches:

1 win = + (~50) points
10 losses = – (~30) points

A 10% winrate is pretty trash, yet I keep going up. Please, CDPR. This can't be your intent.

I'm at rank 16...I had bad luck today...and strong opponents: 3 wins 5 losses 1 draw. Lost 13 MMR points.

But still that is low you lose less then 20 points per game where before you would lose 50 depending on match up. at 4k mmr you lose about 20-25...

bojerbela;n9135360 said:
Sorry...not 13...lost 53 MMR.

Please provide context. You lost 53 points from your start? 53 for each individual loss?

How many points did you gain, on average, for each win? How many points did you lose, on average, for each loss?

At rank 18 I get about 30 points for a win or lose 20 point. So, I would need about a 40% win-rate, that isn't too bad.

4RM3D;n9137090 said:
At rank 18 I get about 30 points for a win or lose 20 point. So, I would need about a 40% win-rate, that isn't too bad.

It's very bad. 50% should be a bare minimum. Even then i think at 50% the one shouldnt progress 'cause it's 1:1 ratio. The one should climb ranks only with 55% ( very grindy ) - 65%+ ( more like it ) winrate. Getting new rank should feel as achievement.

P.S. The top 1 guy in the ladder has NEGATIVE Win\Loss Ratio... This is just ridiculous...

Last edited:
lomvicmarko;n9137550 said:
Also it would be cool that points opponents get are subtracted from your points so they don't just appear from thin air.

I like the idea. It's like betting your own mmr.

Giomancer;n9136670 said:
Please provide context. You lost 53 points from your start? 53 for each individual loss?

How many points did you gain, on average, for each win? How many points did you lose, on average, for each loss?

At 3100 MMR I gain for a win about 45-50 points and when I lose I lost about 17-20.

lomvicmarko;n9135460 said:
But still that is low you lose less then 20 points per game where before you would lose 50 depending on match up. at 4k mmr you lose about 20-25...

That's it. It's more easier to climb the ladder.

nunqmuo;n9137300 said:
It's very bad. 50% should be a bare minimum. Even then i think at 50% the one shouldnt progress 'cause it's 1:1 ratio. The one should climb ranks only with 55% ( very grindy ) - 65%+ ( more like it ) winrate. Getting new rank should feel as achievement.

I. agree.

nunqmuo;n9137300 said:
P.S. The top 1 guy in the ladder has NEGATIVE Win\Loss Ratio... This is just ridiculous...

Not anymore.

I think what they should of done is inverted ranked rewards so 10 kegs was the first reward at rank 2 but then this is probably too much to basically gift someone so it should be squeezed so more of it's distributed over mid-ranged ranks, then adopted an mmr system similar to league of legends/dota whereas the more games you play of that season the more inherently stuck you get at that rank. If a player is only rank 10 quality, just let it be, no point in it not meaning anything.

So like after 1 game you have a ~100 point swing, then maybe 100,200,300 games on idk how many games people play but there should be like a ~3 mmr sway.

Anyone noticed a ranked level up bug ? Once u reach for example 3410 pt for lvl 17 , u do not level up. That game do not get counted ....The game keeps u at for e.g. at 3380pt, even tho u earned 3410 last game... I think i lost over 400pt that way :D

On the ranked points gain/loss screen are my ranked points often incorrect. I have to check the leaderbord for the correct score.

I've also been wondering about the MMR gain for wins/losses. I've been shooting up in the ranks lately, but it kind of feels unearned because even though my W/L ratio is greater than 1, when I do lose a match I don't lose nearly as much MMR as I gain from a win. A loss usually nets me something like -15 MMR, whereas a win gets +45. I'm currently at rank 15. This seems like it can't be intentional...

those proportions are much lowered in higher ranks, at around 18-19 rank you will not get as much points, and you lose similiar amount

I've been having a terrific time with the latest patch update. I've noticed the amount of opponents above my rank has greatly increased by a substantial margin, making it far easier to find worthy opponents, and climb to my true rank. Before the Ranking update, I was in the top 500 NA players being only Rank 16. Now after the update, I am Rank 18, and not even in the top 2,000 of NA. This is a welcomed change in my opinion, as it means I'll face more opponents in the higher tiers of ranked, and that will lead to a more even distribution of MMR.

Top Bottom