Ranked Update

+
I liked how Command and Conquer: Red Alert used to do rankings many years ago. They used some formula so more points were earned depending on how tough of an opponent you played. You could gain or lose up to 64 points depending on your opponent. Everyone started at zero at the beginning of the month. I think the max by the end of the month was usually around 5,000 points. I think Microsoft's The Zone was similar except you could gain or lose up to 32 per match.

To make these work, rather than randomly match people, you'd have to allow people to host games and if someone tries to join, they get the option to either accept or decline the challenge. Making it so points cannot be lost at the early stages takes some of the excitement out of it in my opinion.

Any update on how long the current ranked season will last? It's been longer than 2 months which as far as I'm aware should be the full duration of one season.

BuddhaBounty;n9258171 said:
Any update on how long the current ranked season will last? It's been longer than 2 months which as far as I'm aware should be the full duration of one season.

Unknown. They said that this season will be longer than every other season 'cause it's first season.

P.S. Why so many people want the season to end? Are all o' u rank 21 already?

Rank up, you fools!

Last edited:
How does the system rank players of the same MM points? For example, 3 or more players get 4500pts, which priorities are determined: number of victories, winning percentage, etc?

pthieu1986;n9359361 said:
How does the system rank players of the same MM points? For example, 3 or more players get 4500pts, which priorities are determined: number of victories, winning percentage, etc?

If a player gains ranking points and other players have the same amount of ranking points as he has now - he will be placed behind them.
If a player loses ranking points and other players have the same amount of ranking points as he has now - he will be placed on top of them.

Examples:
There is a player who has 4000 ranking points: player A.
If a second player (player B) had less points, but recently won a game and now has 4000 points in total, he will be placed behind player A:
1. A
2. B

If a third player (player C) had more points, but recently lost a game and now has 4000 points in total, he will be placed in front of other players:
1. C
2. A
3. B

When are the rewards coming out for the seasons and ranked being unlocked for play again so I can start my 4200 grind for next season?

Looks like the MMR i've been losing and winning is not the same as others. I'm at rank 19 around the 4000 MMR level. For a loss I lose about 30 MMR and for a win I get about 18. Makes its very hard to move up when your win ration needs to be near 2 to 1

I started yesterday the new ranked season and today I logged in to play it was closed, only casual is available.
It says ranked will open in 1h and 20mins.
What happened ?!

BlueyesOwl;n9433541 said:
I started yesterday the new ranked season and today I logged in to play it was closed, only casual is available.
It says ranked will open in 1h and 20mins.
What happened ?!

This has to do with the pro-ladder being launched today.

Now is open but it says "We can't add you to ranked season at the moment, please try again later".
They could at least made a announcement for that... For e.g. "We will close ranked system for 2-3h due to.... "

Top Bottom