Ranked Update

+
Ranked Update

With ranked play, it’s always been our intention to provide gamers with a sense of fun and rewarding progression throughout each season.

The recent changes we did were very important first steps towards making the highest ranks feel competitive and less prone to swings in day-to-day performance. Some players felt this was very harsh, but for the highest ranks we feel it is important they remain competitive and a testament to the skill and dedication of our top players.

However, our perception of what are considered high ranks has proven quite different for some of you. That is why today we have launched changes to how ranked play progression works in order to make our ranking system feel more rewarding and fun.

From now on, below the 1000 ranking point mark you no longer lose points if you are defeated in a game. This and further changes beyond it make the overall progression in ranked play feel much faster than before. It will however gradually slow down. This is due to how we are regulating the ranking points inflation caused by players losing less for defeat than they gain for winning, but also because you start to face tougher opponents.

No Title

Am I the only one not to be able to play ranked today? Moreover I haven't received my reward from last season

Attachments

• photo157130.jpg
    photo157130.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 107
sund_F;n9086900 said:
Same for me.

Same here guys... I reset the game a couple of times, it refuses to "add me to ranked" same message... I thought I would get a bunch of kegs and what not? What is happening?? Can see streamers playing ranked....

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
We are aware of the issue connected to ranked play and are currently looking for a solution. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Oh, it appears to have fixed itself already. So there is no "new" season just yet right? Lol you got my hopes up but I know you aren't stupid, have to wait at least 3 days or else people will turn their barrels into a lot of extra value ^_^

why not have the season reward based on how many WIN a player has? This way the rank and reward will be separate and through perseverance most people can attain portrait reward

rolandhsu;n9090730 said:
why not have the season reward based on how many WIN a player has? This way the rank and reward will be separate and through perseverance most people can attain portrait reward

This would motivate me ALOT more to play ranked since it would be a matter of time until you get the rewards you want. On the other hand it will be fixed amount of time you would have to spend each season for the rewards, not more, not less which could be problematic for some people (and it could motivate people to spam ranked matches with possible immediate defeats and wait for good matchups they can win since MMR wouldnt matter that way)
Could work, could not work, I dunno, but it definitely sounds interesting :D

New MMR System... ?

In less than 24 hours I have risen over 900 MMR and am right on the cusp of Rank 17. This doesn't feel right.

I know that it will take time to adjust expectations as two days ago Rank 17 was a solid accomplishment and now it seems Rank 17 is more or less just a rating you are assured if you keep at it. That sounds nice and all but it makes the climb through ranks feel like more of a ... path towards the 'real ladder', rather than the real ladder itself. I personally don't really like that feeling, but maybe CDPR has bigger plans with this? That or they are just still beta testing different configurations to see what sticks.

That said - it would have been nice to have a clearer explanation. This system is not at all like the previous two we had. This one reminds me more of the one in Shadowverse. One designed to quell ladder anxiety and promote a feeling that anyone can climb - but also one that was tedious and just felt hollow more than anything else.

Just my thought, maybe I am alone.

Last edited:
I'ts completely broken, no sence of achievement in it. Near 2900 you get 2x-3x as much points for winning than losing. Actually you barely lose points. Everyone will reach master this way..

Top Bottom