Ranked Update

+
Amador99;n9095460 said:
I'ts completely broken, no sence of achievement in it. Near 2900 you get 2x-3x as much points for winning than losing. Actually you barely lose points. Everyone will reach master this way..

Agreed, I'm ok with this ranking system at lower levels but it should scale the mmr accordingly as you move up the ladder punishing you more for losing matches the higher you go. At this rate by the time they fix it a huge amount of players will be on their way to master...

Guest 4021160

CDPR please don't dumb it down to casual level. There are plenty of casual games out there. Difficulty is what we acknowledge you for.

It should get harder on higher ranks. It seems we got the old system again but with less variation.

Plus, bear in mind we lost what, 2 weeks(?) on the staled last system which pretty much made almost impossible to climb.

Karolis.petrikas;n9095650 said:
CDPR please don't dumb it down to casual level. There are plenty of casual games out there. Difficulty is what we acknowledge you for.

I'm, not in rak 10 yet, so, I don't played raked. But, "dumb down to casual level"? I'm a casual player, I play whenever I have time and want to 'wind off ', but I take my matches very serioulsy. So, only because I'm not a 'pro wanna be' / ultra competitive, I am not supposed to play Gwent? This kind of attitude was exactly what made me left Hearthstone, you couldn't treat the game as "fun", everyone have to play as competitive/seek "legend", and Blizzard pushs this mentality.

Lisandre;n9095940 said:
I'm, not in rak 10 yet, so, I don't played raked. But, "dumb down to casual level"? I'm a casual player, I play whenever I have time and want to 'wind off ', but I take my matches very serioulsy. So, only because I'm not a 'pro wanna be' / ultra competitive, I am not supposed to play Gwent? This kind of attitude was exactly what made me left Hearthstone, you couldn't treat the game as "fun", everyone have to play as competitive/seek "legend", and Blizzard pushs this mentality.

He was referring to casual matchmaker not players.... Why have ranked if mmr and your position on ladder is meaningless?

Edit:
It is like as I said glorified causal match maker and we get rewards at certain milestones instead of ladder.

Last edited:
And the ladder got ruined. RIP gwent. Btw, dont talk bad about casuals, they want challenges too, those who want it easy mode are not casuals.

Guest 4021160

Lisandre;n9095940 said:

I said nothing at all about casual players. Casual games matey, casual games. You are not supposed to not do whatever you desire.

Same here. At first it felt good climbing so fast but after i climbed 4 ranks in 1 and a half days since the patch i feel dirty and there's now sense of achievement. For me it's 6-7 : 1 ratio ( gain \ loss mmr ). It should be fixed as fast as possible otherwise everyone and their nekker will be in the top in a few days.

Last edited:
nunqmuo;n9098690 said:
For me it's 6-7 : 1 ratio ( gain \ loss mmr ). It should be fixed as fast as possible otherwise everyone and their nekker will be in the top in a few days.

Just Mardroeme the Nekker; problem solved!

Seriously though, the top will not change, only the gap between casual and pro, which will be a lot smaller in terms of points, but still the size of Texas between skill level.

i was rank 15 position 7000ish on the global ladder last day before patch. After patch i stopped playing ranked for 2 days cause i was forced to change decks due to weather nerf and i needed to practice it in casual before starting ranked again. In 2 days i went from position 7000ish to position 12800 globally! Which mean people got up the ladder in an insane way.
before the patch, me at rank 15 felt like an accomplishment. Now after patch it is like i am rank 10 again . Everybody catched up.

Ranked points not as expected..

In my past several games since the hotfix, my rank points have been behaving.. oddly.

For each win I have been receiving ~40–50 points. For each loss, however, I've only been losing 1–3 points. The first couple of times it made sense since I was crushed completely; I figured I had been playing above my weight class. Now, though, I've been more careful to note my opponents and their levels & ranks have been within three levels and my rank.. without any other data, I have to assume that the matches have been pretty even (as far as the matchmaker is concerned).

While I appreciate the insane boost, I have to ask a) anyone else seeing this 'problem' and b) if there isn't a bug someplace, can someone explain what's happening?

Checco515;n9103880 said:
Never heard this comparison before ;), where are you from exactly (if that's not a bad question)?

Well, not from Texas. The state is pretty big though, so it's a good indicator if you want to compare the size of something.

I did not recieve any season end rewards and my rank did not reset . I don't get it .
could someone explain if the season has ended or not ?

Top Bottom