Ranked Update

+
4RM3D;n9101120 said:
Now everyone can finish the silver bracket, yet still few can finish the gold bracket.
Well this kills the competition as the difference between 1 rank and another is minimal in term of rewards . In the old MMR system the average player was 2 3 ranks under me which than will accumulate a somehow significant difference in rewards and will motivate u to try to go higher. Now in this new MMR system you will max get rank 18 ( if you are super great. As the higher levels will be taken by the top of the top) while the rest of the players will be at least level 16 too. So everybody will get almost the same rewards at the end of the season.

Michelazz;n9108340 said:
Well this kills the competition as the difference between 1 rank and another is minimal in term of rewards. [...] So everybody will get almost the same rewards at the end of the season.

I agree that it would have been better when the players were spread out more evenly across different (lower) ranks. Still, the keg rewards aren't an issue. You only get a few more kegs with one or two extra ranks. I reckon the only thing that matters is getting the border/title/avatar reward. And for this you still have to push it in the golden bracket. This is a bit unfair, now having a silver border really isn't that special anymore, so you feel you have to push it to get the golden border.

What kind of competitive ranking system promotes a "participation trophy"-type mentality? I should be fighting my way up, not taking a rainbow bridge.

Last edited:
I couldn't get pass rank 15 pre patch.. now with the same win/loss ratio, I got to 16 quite easily. My second account at rank 9, there are loads of incomplete decks etc. This encourages the daily grind as before playing more with about 50% win rate means you stay where you are. Now you get to move up. As an elitist, this is a bad thing, as a causal, this is good.. I hope once you get to 16/17, it gets harder. The gold bracket should be for the really good players only (I don't think I qualify but I grind my way up there)

Maybe it was the devs way of letting the rest of the people that didn't cheese thier way to high rank by
A. Way over powered Nilfgaard and Weather Spam
(3 weeks of abuse)
B.Way over powered Skellige and Weather Spam
(3 weeks of abuse)

​​​​​​Now mabe this last 3 weeks or so..everyone will get a fair chance at achieving better ranks.

Let's be honest... all the copy cat mechanic net deck users..cheese their way to high levels and ranks the first 6 weeks
while a lot of players...had to put up with it

​​

TheShift That doesn't make any sense. Why would you invalidate ranks and ladder to give people rewards. Fair chance? They had fair chance before now if you achieve rank 18 it means you just grinded trough it there is no skill involved what so ever . It is not fair to people who worked hard to get there and now anyone can reach it with ease.

TheShift;n9114050 said:
Let's be honest... all the copy cat mechanic net deck users..cheese their way to high levels and ranks the first 6 weeks while a lot of players...had to put up with it

This is uncalled for not everyone has full collection so they can come up with their own decks. There is nothing wrong with net decking especially when player operates with limited resources. It is better to net deck something that works then waste scrap. Also it is not players fault that devs don't know how they want to balance.

Ranked should be tough if you are not up for it then there is casual why ruin ladder for people that do enjoy such experience.

Guest 4159620

Hi guys. I'm sure u are aware that top1 gwenter for now has 2.2k games with negative winrate. Moreover whole ranking table screwed this way. It looks like 'pay for playin' system replaced previously used 'pay for winning'. Seems devs decided to reward ppl who are really addicted to the game and play 24/7. This for sure good for new game, trying to grow community and increase its loyalty, but is it good for game claiming to be an esports discipline in a near future? I don't want to be cheesy coz it's only open beta. Just hope u'll find new mmr mechanics shortly, or at least return to previous one, which was only guilty in punishing players for draw IMO.

laddering should be earned by hard work and smart play. It should not be a journey where everyone will arrive to the final destination in the end but with a different time lapse.

lomvicmarko;n9114360 said:
TheShift That doesn't make any sense. Why would you invalidate ranks and ladder to give people rewards. Fair chance? They had fair chance before now if you achieve rank 18 it means you just grinded trough it there is no skill involved what so ever . It is not fair to people who worked hard to get there and now anyone can reach it with ease.

This is uncalled for not everyone has full collection so they can come up with their own decks. There is nothing wrong with net decking especially when player operates with limited resources. It is better to net deck something that works then waste scrap. Also it is not players fault that devs don't know how they want to balance.

Ranked should be tough if you are not up for it then there is casual why ruin ladder for people that do enjoy such experience.

What I mean is..this season in rank was full of people..using op decks and used it to climb to high ranks fast.
So ...thats a fair ladder you're saying?

Should the ladder system stay as is?..not indefinitely
Can be re worked for next season..
this season has been far from a fair ladder
and most..didn't work hard to get there bro.
I'd say it was rather easy from them with broken op decks

TheShift;n9117010 said:
What I mean is..this season in rank was full of people..using op decks and used it to climb to high ranks fast.
So ...thats a fair ladder you're saying?

Should the ladder system stay as is?..not indefinitely
Can be re worked for next season..
this season has been far from a fair ladder
and most..didn't work hard to get there bro.
I'd say it was rather easy from them with broken op decks

THIS

There can't be a system like there was for now, until the balance is a little more steady.
Right now there are too many cards, that need fixing, when there'll be like three to four problematic cards the old system will be more viable.
Too many broken and overpowered decks pop-up after each patch for now, it's useless to have that system or even focus on ranking...
Matchmaking works, sort of, for now. We need new content and card balance.

Guys you complaining cause more players will get higher ranks? WTF don't be so greedy and let casuals get high ranks too. If you are pro then top 1000 is your goal for frames and titles. And hmm pro is not actually what it should means, cause 90% of those pro was climbing ladder using meta net decks only. CDPR will start tournament soon i hope and show there how pro you are.

I'm not arguing lol
infact I don't even play ranked

​​​​​​I could care less about ranked play
I play just for fun

​​​​​​But I will defend those honorably players that didn't play the over powered net decks and got clobbered all the way up the ladder.
But from what I've read here..the first 6 weeks was full of op NG and SK and weather spam.so yeah,that's not fair

Last edited:
Kingoko;n9119910 said:
Guys you complaining cause more players will get higher ranks? WTF don't be so greedy and let casuals get high ranks too. If you are pro then top 1000 is your goal for frames and titles. And hmm pro is not actually what it should means, cause 90% of those pro was climbing ladder using meta net decks only. CDPR will start tournament soon i hope and show there how pro you are.

There's a Casual Mode for Casual players u know. If the one want to play for fun the one play casual and if the one want to be a competitive player and have rewards and whatnot then he play ranked and earn the rewards instead of running auto-pilot zero-skill netdecks and gaining 1 rank per day. Cant count how many times i ve played against "mama ama dooorf" players who read every single card i put on the table.

Last edited:
TheShift;n9119930 said:
I'm not arguing lol
infact I don't even play ranked

​​​​​​I could care less about ranked play
I play just for fun

​​​​​​But I will defend those honorably players that didn't play the over powered net decks and got clobbered all the way up the ladder.
But from what I've read here..the first 6 weeks was full of op NG and SK and weather spam.so yeah,that's not fair

I played NR machines pre hotfix and yeah weather was issue but even with all that <edit> Ranked was way more fun then it is now.

Last edited by a moderator:
nunqmuo;n9121630 said:
Cant count how many times i ve played against "mama ama dooorf" players who read every single card i put on the table.

I do that. Everything on the screen is tiny.

lomvicmarko;n9130730 said:
I played NR machines pre hotfix and yeah weather was issue but even with all that cancer Ranked was way more fun then it is now.

I have to agree. Giving people (like myself, I will point out) a free ride up the ladder because of percieved unfairness due to imbalance is illogical. Netdecking will never be removed. Balance will never be perfect.

Giving everyone at the Olympics a gold medal just makes it worthless.

Giomancer;n9130760 said:

What i meant is at my mmr players are supposed to be decent at the VERY least and should know every card in the game but instead high ranks thanks to new mmr system are filled with netdeckers who can only copy DB decks and dont know shit about what they are doing.

Giomancer;n9130760 said:

I have to agree. Giving people (like myself, I will point out) a free ride up the ladder because of percieved unfairness due to imbalance is illogical. Netdecking will never be removed. Balance will never be perfect.

Giving everyone at the Olympics a gold medal just makes it worthless.

Well thats just my opinion on the matter,is it wrong? Probably
Which is the reason i dont play ranked. To me it seems to be unfair for some people that refuse to play the OP decks {that need fixed} or Meta decks just to get a higher rank.
I realize the game has not been perfectly balanced yet and for that reason..all the better to stay away from Comp play IMHO
If thats most peoples fix.. im cool with it. Ill stick to casual where its about having fun vs serious play in an unbalanced game
{im sorry.but it just doesnt make sense to even play ranked at this point}
Its like pulling up to a Bugatti Chiron at a stop light in a Prius [h=1][/h]

TheShift;n9133180 said:
Well thats just my opinion on the matter,is it wrong? Probably

It's okay. In all honesty, you were only trying to come up with a possible reasoning for the changes; since we (or I, at least) have no idea what their real reasons were, I focused my posts on that. Apologies.

The real problem is the system currently in place. Since my losses hardly count, I've been propelled into a rank I really have no business being in. My few wins are likely at the expense of others like myself.. that or sheer luck. Sadly, those few wins are enough to keep my score going up.

Some maths based on recent matches:

1 win = + (~50) points
10 losses = – (~30) points

A 10% winrate is pretty trash, yet I keep going up. Please, CDPR. This can't be your intent.

Top Bottom