Ranking Points Glitches

+
Ranking Points Glitches

I'm paying in ranked matches, currently rank 8, and my points are bouncing all over the place right now.

I was at 2260-something, I forget the exact number, then won my next game. This brought my points up to 2300 exactly (the requisite for rank 9), but I didn't advance to the next rank. I lost my next game after that, the display said I only lost 23 points, but I went all the way down to 2234.

What the heck is going on? Has anyone else had weird point inconsistencies like this?

I had a similar bug once, when during the end screen I noticed that my MMR changed to twice the amount I was actually rewarded. Then I checked leaderboard and my rank was correctly displaying there. I couldn't reproduce it since, but I guess it's a glitch with match end screen. You probably didn't rank up to the next tier.

NlelithZ44;n8299350 said:
I had a similar bug once, when during the end screen I noticed that my MMR changed to twice the amount I was actually rewarded. Then I checked leaderboard and my rank was correctly displaying there. I couldn't reproduce it since, but I guess it's a glitch with match end screen. You probably didn't rank up to the next tier.

This happens to me occasionally too. I recognised the following pattern.

What would be correct:
  • old MMR + won MMR = new MMR
What is actually displayed:
  • new MMR + won MMR = wrong result
Did report this a little while ago.

Just had this issue today, jumped on here to check if anyone else was experiencing it. Hit 3003 MMR, waited for my rewards, but nothing happened. Still sitting on 2953 in the leaderboards. Just thought I should update the post, seeing as the issue is not resolved yet.

When this occurs:

1.) Exit the game and restart. See if reconnecting to the server makes your missing "stuff" appear.

2.) Wait about 24 hours. Confirm that the stuff is actually not there.

3.) If it doesn't appear, send a ticket into CDPR Support. Feel free to do this every time the bug happens.

https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

I was at 2110 in points playing last night and got a draw from a much higher opponent. I was awarded 53 points but it dropped my score to 2057 instead of jumping up to 2163 . It was never revooverd, I was on a bit of a hot streak so I kept playing and finally crossed the 2200 point level before taking a break but never regained the lost points.

TurkeySon;n8355920 said:
I was at 2110 in points playing last night and got a draw from a much higher opponent. I was awarded 53 points but it dropped my score to 2057 instead of jumping up to 2163 . It was never revooverd, I was on a bit of a hot streak so I kept playing and finally crossed the 2200 point level before taking a break but never regained the lost points.
Did the points add up on the screen and then dropped down immediately? If thit is the case, you got your points properly, end screen just happened to add points twice and then corrected itself. If you knew that you had exactly 2110 points before the match... Well, that sucks.

NlelithZ44;n8356750 said:
Did the points add up on the screen and then dropped down immediately? If thit is the case, you got your points properly, end screen just happened to add points twice and then corrected itself. If you knew that you had exactly 2110 points before the match... Well, that sucks.

no it was not a correction issue. It said that I gained points and the total showed I lost points. It was obvious because I was trying to get to the next level and would have been right there, instead I fell back. It is a glitch.

Noi big deal, just want to pass it on.

If this happens again, can you try to record the date, time, and your opponent? Not sure if it will necessarily help to cross-reference what happened on your end and what happened on their end, but it couldn't hurt. (I also recommend increasing your chocolate intake by about 12%-15%. Not that it will have any effect on the issue, it's just a general recommendation I always make. :))

Top Bottom