Rare & Interesting Street NPCs (Add Yours!)

+
I've commented before avout the interesting, self confident depictions of women of colour, but here are two that are a little different.

I'm totally cool with the idea that Night City in 2077 should have very different dress codes than we have now; I'm aware of (people have posted above) pictures of female NPCs with either skin tight or translucent clothing over their breasts, and that's sort of normal in the city. But this is the only instance I've seen yet of a woman in the street with bare breasts, and she's black:

View attachment 11205724

This next instance doesn't have exposed nipples, but she appears to have no clothing as such at all, just an extreme version of cosmetic cyberware. Again, she's black:

View attachment 11205727

And it seems to me there are two issues here.

Firstly, in world, is it credible that different cultural groups should have different dress codes and different attitudes to body modesty? Yes, of course it is. That is one of the ways in which different cultural groups declare their identity, in our modern world. So of course it's ethnographically plausible that (some subculture of) black women in Night City would be comfortable with or even assertive of public nudity, as a certain Cambridge avademic is in the real world today.

But there's a separate question of whether it's OK for makers of a video game in the real world today to selectively hypersexualise one race, especially given the real world history of relations between the race of the majority of the developers and the black race. I'm not sure what I think.

Of course, if there are in-game examples of white women with bare breasts in public (i.e. in the street, not in a brothel or night club), then this objection is moot; but I have not seen any.
Dont make this a racial thing. Just dont.

Of course, if there are in-game examples of white women with bare breasts in public (i.e. in the street, not in a brothel or night club), then this objection is moot; but I have not seen any.

1.jpg

2.jpg

I found this spot with some npcs doing tai chi and when I returned 5 minutes later the npcs were replaced by others.
So, it seems pretty random to me.

The NPCs do have randomized skins and clothes. Even if their animations aren't random. The randomness sometimes creates something silly.
photomode_15012021_185823.png

Couple more atmospheric and believable shots
photomode_21122020_035149.png

photomode_16122020_210949.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom