Rare & Interesting Street NPCs (Add Yours!)

+
I'm starting this thread for you to share particularly interesting or eye-catching random street NPCs that you rarely see.

After walking around Night City for hundreds of hours I don't often run across an interesting NPC on the street that I've NEVER seen before, especially not in Watson, but here you go. I have to respect her total dedication to the polyvinyl look!
(Her transparent jacket appeared to darken in direct sunlight.)

PolyBodyWoman.jpg

I'm starting this thread for you to share particularly interesting or eye-catching random street NPCs that you rarely see.

After walking around Night City for hundreds of hours I don't often run across an interesting NPC on the street that I've NEVER seen before, especially not in Watson, but here you go. I have to respect her total dedication to the polyvinyl look!
(Her transparent jacket appeared to darken in direct sunlight.)

View attachment 11184820
indeed, never seen that one...looks more like a modded player with the cyberdoll body mods, not even seen that exact coat either

If this is not a mod "hoax" then this could be proof that the NPC are randomly generated with some kind of formula that makes some combinations more rare or randomly selected from a premade "lot" but that is set up in a type of bell curve.

As a mod maker I am chomping at the bits to be able to play with this system. I hope it is a simple script system of some kind so I can make the mod I have in mind for procedurally generated crimes and events.

If this is not a mod "hoax" then this could be proof that the NPC are randomly generated with some kind of formula that makes some combinations more rare or randomly selected from a premade "lot" but that is set up in a type of bell curve.

It's not a hoax (someone above has also seen her), but I would bet that "street NPC" spawns are weighted, with some given greater chance to appear than others. It also seems to me (though it could just be my perception) that they might be bucketed to the areas of the city such that some street NPCs only spawn in The Badlands for example, though some obviously are in all the buckets and could be seen anywhere.

Now if only one could interact with such interesting looking npcs.
But one can't so one has the tendency to stop looking.

This is what I really, really want to try to build a mod to fix. Random NPCs in the street should have at least some conversation, some knowledge of their locality, of recent events, and of world lore. Obviously different NPCs should know different things (and possibly have different views on them). Obviously, some should be friendlier and some should be surlier.

Obviously, building this would be a very big job. Even if the player had only a few choices of question they could ask a passer by, because different passers by would know different things, the response would have to be algorithmically generated rather than pre-recorded. That isn't impossible – the technology exists – but it would still be quite a bit of work.

Well to me this may be proof the NPC are randomly assembled.
edit: Wait, I take that back, this would fit the game world so it could be a set NPC design...
Post automatically merged:

This is what I really, really want to try to build a mod to fix. Random NPCs in the street should have at least some conversation, some knowledge of their locality, of recent events, and of world lore. Obviously different NPCs should know different things (and possibly have different views on them). Obviously, some should be friendlier and some should be surlier.

Obviously, building this would be a very big job. Even if the player had only a few choices of question they could ask a passer by, because different passers by would know different things, the response would have to be algorithmically generated rather than pre-recorded. That isn't impossible – the technology exists – but it would still be quite a bit of work.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEEEEeeeeeessss!!! (most nagging little kid begging voice) do try to make this. I know from your other posts you have a background in coding I know you can handle it! (y)

I found this spot with some npcs doing tai chi and when I returned 5 minutes later the npcs were replaced by others.
So, it seems pretty random to me.

What I mean is that the pic of the big guy in high heels indicated the "parts" of the NPC would seem to be ran-gen rather than a "bucket" of premade NPC. But then I second guessed this by saying that it is still just a likely to be premade based on the game world citizens.

What I mean is that the pic of the big guy in high heels indicated the "parts" of the NPC would seem to be ran-gen rather than a "bucket" of premade NPC. But then I second guessed this by saying that it is still just a likely to be premade based on the game world citizens.

Ah, sorry, now I get it.
I think they're premade myself.

In projects I've worked on where we needed a lot of NPCs, we built a randomizer tool that created a complete NPC with clothing, hair, etc with a button press. We had a junior designer press the button. If the result looked good, they could save it and put it in the list. If it was awful they could just press the button again to get another one. If it was almost good, they could swap the hair or shirt or otherwise tweak it, and then save it.

My guess is that the CP2077 designers probably had to do much more tweaking (or maybe build them all from scratch) since it's my impression that the NPC avatar assets are not all as fully compatible with each other as player assets are (which is part of the reason they're not available to players).
Post automatically merged:

I've only seen this guy with blood all over his face once, hanging out in Kabuki watching the sunrise with his girlfriend. What's the story there?! :)

photomode_15022021_013443.jpg

And I'm sorry I don't have a pic of the full NPC but at the time this was the thing that made me go "WAT?" so I just snapped a pic of the shoes. The NPC wearing these had a broom and was sweeping up around a market in Kabuki or Little China, I think. I have never seen anyone wearing these other than this one time.

photomode_05022021_232723.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom