rather gamebreaking problem with map

+
rather gamebreaking problem with map

hi there.im just trying the witcher with the newest patches and i am at the beginning of act 1 in the wyzima surroundings. the thing is, i cant find anything. i open the map with "m" and see a nice drawn map with the blinkie whre i should go to, but the thing gives me NO reference where I am. i cant put the surroundings i see ingame in reference to the drawn things on the map and thats really annoying and frustrating. the little minimap doesnt give any markers either.sooo, did i overlook something or is there really no way to tell where i am on the map? edit: i seem to have a green arrow on the map that is supposed to be my character. well it isnt moving and sits on the tavern. bug?

I have exactly the same bug. Witcher on Map "m" does not move, add or do anything after the patch 1.2 :( Hope they fix it asap as it is unplayable like this!As anyone found fix for this? realy want to play witcher finaly normal ... first the load times now this ...

Just to get up again as havent found any solution, anyone know any solution...? reinstall etc didnt help 1.1a works well just the load times are unplayable for me and now this! So any tips would be great...

I would say to try and get the patch from another source maybe... It is kinda weird problem.

Mobidoy said:
I would say to try and get the patch from another source maybe... It is kinda weird problem.
Yeah its wierd, tryed dif places for the patch nothing helps, prelude seems all fine with the map, its act 1 world map that is bugged just do not move, add or do anything just shows picture of start point arrow in the same place always. Nothing to do that again throw this game to the shelves and wait for the patch? Im starting to feel that i did wrong buying this game...

You're going to shelve the game over the map? A little odd....Have you tried switching between the world map and the location map?Also, the map is to be discovered. Things show up as you find them. The blinkie thing is a reference. You head that direction, and as you explore the world, the map is revealed to you. Much like Oblivion or other RPGs.

Typifire said:
You're going to shelve the game over the map? A little odd....Have you tried switching between the world map and the location map?Also, the map is to be discovered. Things show up as you find them. The blinkie thing is a reference. You head that direction, and as you explore the world, the map is revealed to you. Much like Oblivion or other RPGs.
Yeah i know that but in atleast act1, no unexplored area comes visible, no new discovered location shows there NO nothing as u can see other rpgs dosent have that bug that i know off. It would be great to see where the heck i am going again as the witcher quests runs u to one place to another and if explored and SHOWs on the damn map would be easyer and as it should But it aint. For me its bug i just can not live with, inside prelude shows me moving around and shows all the rooms nicely but in act1 after the beast come and kills kids stepmother the "me" cursor just stays in the damn place dosent move, update anything so that i my problem...PS! Works with 1.1a just fine but cant live with those load time that clearly kills any fun i might have in game or enjoying the story written. I dont mind the cheesy text and voice active its all fine so i bleed that this issue could be looked @? I can post my conf files or what is needed to fix this issue but im sure u can imgine my frustration when exploring the act1 when map dosent update anything there... just show me damn world map in place and "arrow" @ starting loc there.

Top Bottom