Ray traced reflections issue. (AMD)

+
Hello!

I have this weird issue when ray traced reflections are enabled, the reflections don*t look right at all. The reflections of buildings/trees on cars/puddles are all black, no color is being reflected (like looking at a reflection of a lit billboard). In certain lighting conditions glass and cars are unnaturally bright, and also seem to have an upside down low res screen space reflections instead of ray traced ones. Also some light sources get reflected off of surfaces through walls and in ways that doesn't make sense (highlighted in one of the attached images).

I have installed the latest drivers, have re-installed the drivers with DDU and verified game files twice and even re-installed the game, but nothing has helped. I remember it working fine on patch 1.31.

I am running the game on PC with an AMD Ryzen 5 2600X and Radeon RX 6900 XT.

0.png
4.png

1.png
2.png

3.png

I have also uploaded a short video on youtube to show what it looks like. I really like the realism and atmosphere ray tracing gives, but this graphical issue makes it very hard to properly enjoy.

Any ideas on what might be causing this and if there is a fix for it?

Last edited:
I'm suffering something similar but with RTX reflections. Could you test something for me please? Could you equip Jacky's gun, the golden engraved one if you have it and see if reflections on golden parts are all fussy/blurry? Like this:

RTXon.jpg

Instead of looking like this (on my case RTX reflections off):
RTXoff.jpg

Thanks. Because I find similarities in how your screen space based reflections are similarly bad as my RTX ones.

Top Bottom