Ray Tracing is not available on RTX card

+
Ray Tracing option is disabled in game settings and can't be enabled. DLSS works just fine. I tried to use GeForce Experience to Optimize settings (this enables RT in config file) and edit config file manually but game changes RT to off all the time.

My spec:
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO
Windows 10 Pro with the latest updates
Nvidia driver: 460.79

20201210081905_1.jpg

I'm having same exact issue with 2080 super with latest drivers and windows. Ray tracing will not turn on stuck in off mode. I tried clean install of nvidia drivers.
Post automatically merged:

I noticied DX 12 ultimate is disabled when i check using dxdiag. Anyone know how you turn this on?

Last edited:
I presume you all downloaded the latest drivers from Nvidia Experience. I did, too and it's a no-go. I'm guessing they'll be patching something asap on this one. Like so many others, I've waited and waited and spec'd out my rig accordingly...so, please folks, fix this please.

I noticied DX 12 ultimate is disabled when i check using dxdiag. Anyone know how you turn this on?

DX 12 ultimate is disabled in dxdiag for me too. I think that this may be driver related issue and game check RTX availability by this.

BTW - Ray Tracing in other games for example WD Legion works just fine for me. And GPU-Z shows RT support as well.

Yesterday I did again full DDU cleaning but this does not help.

Hope that next game patch will fix this.

1607676079626.png

I have the exact same problem, if I can help with this issue by providing more details, please, let me know.

System :
- Windows 10 2004
- AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
- GeForce RTX 2070

Game version : 1.03

Store : GOG

Nvidia driver to the latest version before someone mention that.

1607680299961.png

Just a wild guess, but try updating Windows to the 20H2 version. This is the only difference to my setup, well beside my older cpu and humble 2070 super, you lucky 3080 guys :)

@AndreM I will try to start with a fresh windows install and report back if it's successful.

But the real weird part is the use of dx11 when dx12 is available.

Just a wild guess, but try updating Windows to the 20H2 version. This is the only difference to my setup, well beside my older cpu and humble 2070 super, you lucky 3080 guys

I'm on Insider Preview build 20215.1000 (this is a newer version than 20H2) and can't go back to stable at this moment and can't reinstall the system as well. I will try today new Insider Preview build from dev channel, maybe this will help.

Afterburner overlay shows D3D12 in game so DX12 is used.
Post automatically merged:

I updated my Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview version from 20215.1 to 20277.1 and RT now works!

1607695402930.png

20201211150108_1.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, any updates, besides the part with the insider preview? Has anybody managed to enable it? I have the same issue with 3060 ti, and DirectX12 Ultimate appears disabled in dxdiag - though i can enable ray tracing it in other games, for example metro exodus.

@dikamilo can you provide a screenshot regarding your directx12 ultimate?

Thanks

EDIT: Seems that Windows Insider Preview ( Dev Channel ) has solved this, therefore it appears to be some updates/patches missing from the Beta Channel, and most probably from the stable version as well ( To be noted that DirectX 12 Ultimate still appears disabled in dxdiag ).

Last edited:
Top Bottom