Ray tracing issues on rtx 3080.

+
Good day.
Recently I bought an RTX 3080 to try ray tracing, but when I turn it on I get the following picture. The characters' bodies are heavily shaded, and the hair either shines very brightly or has the wrong colors, like Dexter's in the screenshot.
I can't find people with similar problems on the internet.
Has anyone experienced something similar?
Attached screenshots with and without ray tracing.

Attachments

• cyber1.jpg
    cyber1.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 132
  • cyber2.jpg
    cyber2.jpg
    449.1 KB · Views: 130
Good day.
Recently I bought an RTX 3080 to try ray tracing, but when I turn it on I get the following picture. The characters' bodies are heavily shaded, and the hair either shines very brightly or has the wrong colors, like Dexter's in the screenshot.
This doesn't happen to me on a 3070 but are you running any mods and/or have you ever run mods in the past that may have left settings behind in the game's configuration files after they were deleted?

This doesn't happen to me on a 3070 but are you running any mods and/or have you ever run mods in the past that may have left settings behind in the game's configuration files after they were deleted?

Hi, thanks for the answer.
Yes, I did install "cyber engine tweaks". But I already managed to delete the game and all the files in the folder. Mod files can be in another place?

Hi, thanks for the answer.
Yes, I did install "cyber engine tweaks". But I already managed to delete the game and all the files in the folder. Mod files can be in another place?
Mods can actually change settings in the game's own configuration files, some of which may affect graphics.

But I've never used mods so alas I can't tell you which files. Maybe someone else can chip in.

But if you literally uninstalled the game and deleted all the local files for Cyberpunk on your machine, then reinstalled, having removed mods before you did that, I'd say that's very unlikely to be the problem. (I'm not sure if that's what you mean when you say "I already managed to delete the game and all the files in the folder.")

Good day.
Yep, it doesn't look good at all :(
At first, if it's not already done, make sure to perform a clean reinstallation of your Drivers.
NVIDIA
I. Download the latest drivers using the following link: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
II. Download Display Driver Uninstaller and run it to remove previous versions of drivers.
III. Clean install drivers that you've downloaded in step 1.
I believe that some game files can also be found in the AppData folder too. Files which can be modified by mods (like the UserSettings.json).

Ok, I can't help more unfortunately :(
So right now, while waiting some tips from other members, you can send a ticket to the support for help > "Contact Us" button (the sooner, the better).
What I would try, would be to enable/disable (or change the setting) of the various RT option. (maybe it's only one which cause this issue).
(Besides, even in the screenshot without RT, I find the "shadows and lights" quite strange. It's far too "clear", especially visible in Dex's car)

Ok, I can't help more unfortunately :(
So right now, while waiting some tips from other members, you can send a ticket to the support for help > "Contact Us" button (the sooner, the better).
What I would try, would be to enable/disable (or change the setting) of the various RT option. (maybe it's only one which cause this issue).
(Besides, even in the screenshot without RT, I find the "shadows and lights" quite strange. It's far too "clear", especially visible in Dex's car)
Thanks for the help!
I wrote to support yesterday.
As for the settings, I have already tried all possible options, nothing helps. By the way, I found a discussion with this problem:

The game looks great without ray tracing, but I've already completed the game 3 times without RT. So now I want to go through the game with RT.

Thanks for the help!
I wrote to support yesterday.
As for the settings, I have already tried all possible options, nothing helps. By the way, I found a discussion with this problem:

The game looks great without ray tracing, but I've already completed the game 3 times without RT. So now I want to go through the game with RT.
Yep I remember this bug, but it was only in cars I think :(
Without RT shadows, it's the same ?

Top Bottom