Rayfield Caliburn & Aerondight may have swaped horsepower

+
During the streetkid intro the players are introduced to an article about the Aerondight and in the text reads: "This vehicle holds the record of the fastest street-legal produced car with a top speed of 512km/h and an acceleration from a stand still to 100km/h in 1.9 seconds. Its hex-turbocharged V16 12.4 engine outputs 1802 HP through 10 speed dual-clutch transmission to all four wheels", yet the ingame stats and the info using the scanner reveals the Aerondight "Guinivere" car only has 950hp and a top speed of 305km/h meanwhile when scanning the Caliburn it has 1,660hp much closer to the Aerondight supposed horsepower and a top speed of 340km/h reasembling more the stats of the Aerondight Guinivere is supposed to have.

"RAYFIELD CALIBURN & AERONDIGHT MAY HAVE SWAPED HORSEPOWER"

May explain the Aerondight's insane price, as that obviously wasn't swapped. Maybe the previous management anticipated the Aerondight as the strongest, fastest and thus the most expensive vehicle?

So why is the Aerondight so expensive then? It goes not much faster than some other super cars, its driver's seat is way too low, its acceleration is seemingly lower than that of the Caliburn, and to top it off, drivers suffer horrendously of the sun glare.

Last edited:
not an priority. I'm sure the game team is aware of this and may have decided to put that bug as an ''not an ASAP priority''' that can be fixed later on.

So why is the Aerondight so expensive then? It goes not much faster than some other super cars, its driver's seat is way too low, its acceleration is seemingly lower than that of the Caliburn, and to top it off, drivers suffer horrendously of the sun glare.
On the assumption that Rayfield is the in-world version of Bentley, the Aerondight makes sense as the drawing-room-on-wheels model, while the Caliburn is the speedster. That's reflected in the style of the interiors.

I do find it odd that the devs gave the buyable Aerondight pretty much the ugliest paint job of any Aerondight in the game, though.

Last edited:
On the assumption that Rayfield is the in-world version of Bentley, the Aerondight makes sense as the drawing-room-on-wheels model, while the Caliburn is the speedster. That's reflected in the style of the interiors.

I do find it odd that the devs gave the buyable Aerondight pretty much the ugliest paint job of any Aerondight in the game, though.
True with your last point. Luckily that can be changed if you're on PC. But I still find it strange that the fastest vehicle is not the most expensive, lore and gaming wise. Someone mentioned luxury the reason for the Aerondight's price. Well, maybe in real life, but gaming wise all that car gives me is an awesome engine sound. But the Alvarado equally has an awesome engine sound, and cost by far not as much.

Observing the Aerondight's sleek aerodynamic streamline, which I find having some similarities of the Japanese bullet train, until CDPR themselves say otherwise, I believe the Aerondight was initially to be the fastest vehicle. If it were, its price would make a lot more sense to me at least, gaming wise.

The luxury market is a bit of a strange phenomenon in reality, when it comes to perceived value, especially in the automotive industry.

A Rolls-Royce Sweptail reportedly costed $12.8m when new, despite having nowhere near as much performance as say, a Koenigsegg Regera (roughly $2m new price tag) or the Koenigsegg Agera RS Draken. This cost is largely attributed to the brand, resources taken to produce and perceived value.

Scale of production (RR Sweptail being one-off vs eighty Regeras), with there supposedly being only four Aerondights, may also factor into the price. By the same token, this would make the Draken (also a one-off) a steal in my mind at a modest 3.xm (2021 sale price).
One day, when I'm rich, I'll still probably have no clue what drives the value perception that exists in the luxury market... :shrug:

On-topic; the high-pitched scream of the Caliburn sounds like a V10 more than anything, so if it is supposed to be V16 then I am all kinds of confused xD

Last edited:
The luxury market is a bit of a strange phenomenon in reality, when it comes to perceived value, especially in the automotive industry.

A Rolls-Royce Sweptail reportedly costed $12.8m when new, despite having nowhere near as much performance as say, a Koenigsegg Regera (roughly $2m new price tag) or the Koenigsegg Agera RS Draken. This cost is largely attributed to the brand, resources taken to produce and perceived value.

Scale of production (RR Sweptail being one-off vs eighty Regeras), with there supposedly being only four Aerondights, may also factor into the price. By the same token, this would make the Draken (also a one-off) a steal in my mind at a modest 3.xm (2021 sale price).
One day, when I'm rich, I'll still probably have no clue what drives the value perception that exists in the luxury market... :shrug:

On-topic; the high-pitched scream of the Caliburn sounds like a V10 more than anything, so if it is supposed to be V16 then I am all kinds of confused xD
Yes, understand what you mean. Can imagine that a luxury market is rather difficult to illustrate in a videogame. You just farm enough money to buy it, once you have it, you drive it. Nothing else. You can't touch it, smell it, feel it. Still, with every playthrough, am always eager to get the Aerondight, quickly swiftly. Wonder why.

The first time I heard the engine sound of the Caliburn, I thought it was an electric car. But quickly saw the exhaust plumes, and realized it's a car with a combustion engine. Am fully used to the sound, but am of an opinion the sound being more fitting to that of an electric car.

Top Bottom