Rayfield Caliburn (Black)

+
So I finished the Ghost Town quest. An I read that you can get a free Black Caliburn in that tunnel. But it isn't there. I'm not at home playing atm, so my question is do I get a call from someone or do I have to wait a certain amount of time before it appears or do I have to finish the Takamura and find Evelyn quests too?

I got it waaaaay later in game lol, I accidentally found it when i was exploring. Finished all the quests and it was there for me.

I got it waaaaay later in game lol, I accidentally found it when i was exploring. Finished all the quests and it was there for me.
I really think my save is bugged, i did the full game except the final mission, so my game is 99%, and nothing, i'm considering buying the car and forget this free caliburn

hdavt

Forum regular
I beat the game and nothing for me too.
Pretty much 97% completed.....still nothing.

The car is available only after the Aldecaldos move camp after the Raffen attack and you pass out after drinking one beer/lemonade. After you wake up in the tent and Panam offers to help you with your problem, you can then find the car in the tunnel where you helped Panam vs Nash.

The car is available only after the Aldecaldos move camp after the Raffen attack and you pass out after drinking one beer/lemonade. After you wake up in the tent and Panam offers to help you with your problem, you can then find the car in the tunnel where you helped Panam vs Nash.
Not sure, I always have it, way, way before that :(

In my experience, I've always been able to get the Caliburn a few days after completing Ghost Town and it's associated follow-up quests (Lightning Breaks and Life During Wartime, I think). I personally don't ever use the "wait" option, and instead, I just do other quests. Once Life During Wartime is complete, I head back into the city to do other quests, and by the time I get a call from Panam for her next quest, the Caliburn is usually there.

To be on the safe side, travel back into Night City and don't return to the Badlands for a few days and the car should spawn.

I know the other free car in the badlands (the colby butte) seems to be glitched where if you don't obtain in when you first enter the badlands, it seems to despawn after a certain amount of time. Perhaps the same thing happens to the Caliburn if it spawns and you don't return to it until the end of the game.

Last edited:

Guest 3847602

Perhaps the same thing happens to the Caliburn if it spawns and you don't return to it until the end of the game.
That's exactly what happened to me on my first playthrough - I passed through the tunnel, I saw it and thought to myself "Nevermind, I'll come back for it later", but when I did, the container was empty. Had to reload the earlier save and lost almost 3 hours of progress.

That's exactly what happened to me on my first playthrough - I passed through the tunnel, I saw it and thought to myself "Nevermind, I'll come back for it later", but when I did, the container was empty. Had to reload the earlier save and lost almost 3 hours of progress.
When you hear the little sound and the icon that appears, or better go right away :)

Guest 3847602

When you hear the little sound and the icon that appears, or better go right away :)
Yup, I know that now. :smart:
Unrelated to black Caliburn, but after patch 1.2, I think, I've noticed that the icon for free Thorton Colby Butte appears on the mini map as soon as you enter the Badlands (even though the car will be more than kilometer away form you), which makes it almost impossible to miss.

hdavt

Forum regular
You have help Panam for take her revenge to Nash ?
(I think it's a requirement).

Yeah I chose that option when prompted. Still nothing for me.
Watched some YouTube vids as well on how others got theirs, but just doesn't appear for me idk why.

Yeah I chose that option when prompted. Still nothing for me.
Watched some YouTube vids as well on how others got theirs, but just doesn't appear for me idk why.
You're sure, you haven't already pass near it (and didn't stop for "buy" it).
Like @Iosephus said (confirmed by @ooodrin)
I know the other free car in the badlands (the colby butte) seems to be glitched where if you don't obtain in when you first enter the badlands, it seems to despawn after a certain amount of time. Perhaps the same thing happens to the Caliburn if it spawns and you don't return to it until the end of the game.

It didn't appear for me until the Aldecaldos have moved camp after the Wraith attack once the Panzer is completed and you are on the test run.

You need to have 40 street cred for it to appear now. It's now a side mission with icon as well. All cars are messed up in a new game with patch 1.3.
I'm street cred 43 and have only got 6 cars in my rides tab. But none that i want.

Top Bottom