Re-censor Witcher

+
Re-censor Witcher

Is there any way to re-censor witcher. The copy i have obtained is unfortunatly uncensored and im not one for nudity. I'd really appreciate it if someone could direct me to some patch, or some way to manually alter game files to remove all nudity from the game. The main problem is nudity. IDC about the rest.

Interesting request.I suppose it depends on which version of the game you have. AFAIK the directors cut patch is seperate from the 1.5 patch so if you have either retail or the steam version of the enhanced edition you can always reinstall the game (be sure to backup saves first).

What's wrong with nudity? Just don't have sex. There's only 1 or 2 times where you are forced to have sex. As for the Dryads and Seducer type enemies the nudity isn't there for nudity, it's there for immersion, and you aren't even supposed to take notice of it.... not to mention even in the censored versions I think most of them were still nude.... There's also the melitelle(sp?) statue, and I think I even noticed small penises on some of the zombie type monsters

Unfortunatly no, i bought the copy that was completely uncensored. As for the above post. Say summit useful or please don't post. I don't like the nudity. Whats it to you?

aymanhaq said:
Unfortunatly no, i bought the copy that was completely uncensored. As for the above post. Say summit useful or please don't post. I don't like the nudity. Whats it to you?
What I did say was useful. You can avoid nudity for most of the game and ignore it when it does appear. I also let you know that even in the "censored" version there is still some nudity.Though checking the wiki I was wrong about the seducer type creatures, and dryad not being censored, but would you really want this instead of just two nipples on the breasts.The Bruxa is the only one that really looks better censored.The rest seem like really poorly done afterthoughts. The devourer's sagging breasts become yet another fat roll

Well if you bought the directors cut then you're out of luck, guess you'll have to put up with nude dryads/alps/bruxa.I doubt anyone's bothered making a mod with the proper files to recensor the game, as generally it's always been the other way around.

All right, here you go. I don't really understand why you want this, but it's enough that you do.I've uploaded the censored files to MediaFire; you can download them from there. I've enclosed a text file with installation instructions.

Yeah, there's really not much nudity even in the uncensored gameBut.. it's very twisted if you can't stand nudity but violence is OK..... although both are as natural.

@ Corylea TY so much. I really appreciate it.@ All the rest...its not about whats about whats natural. I just don't accept loose nudity as a socially acceptable behavior. Hence i want to remove it from witcher.

KK tested and it works...thanks again. Altho i see a point, even with the patch you can just about everything. still its better than nothing

aymanhaq said:
even with the patch you can just about everything.
Having sex is almost always optional, and there are only a few places where it changes anything at all; in most cases, it makes no difference whatsoever. So you could have sex only with Triss and/or Shani and forget the rest; you would only have to see a few cards that way.

Corylea said:
Having sex is almost always optional, and there are only a few places where it changes anything at all; in most cases, it makes no difference whatsoever.
he he, story of my life... ;)

If you really didn't want the nudity, you don't have to have sex with ANYONE in the game if you choose the right dialogues I believe. But if you mean you want the cards without the nudity, then just look up The Witcher censored patch. It's hard to find the patch to censor and uncensor the cards but you'll find it eventually.

aymanhaq said:
@ All the rest...its not about whats about whats natural. I just don't accept loose nudity as a socially acceptable behavior. Hence i want to remove it from witcher.
....But hacking monsters and people to pieces for money IS "socially accepted behaviour"??? Sorry to labour the point but... well, I'm struggling to understand the logic there....!

Maerahn said:
Maerahn said:
@ All the rest...its not about whats about whats natural. I just don't accept loose nudity as a socially acceptable behavior. Hence i want to remove it from witcher.
....But hacking monsters and people to pieces for money IS "socially accepted behaviour"??? Sorry to labour the point but... well, I'm struggling to understand the logic there....!
Well, people have different things with which they are comfortable with. Hacking monsters to pieces is closely related to butchering animals for food. Both add to the benefit of the human race (though vegetarians might disagree), so they are acceptable.Killing people for money might be more of a contemptuous subject. However, Geralt often has reasons deeper than money to kill said people. In the game, those he receives a reward for are often his enemies, and it's logically expected of him to fight them. Receiving a reward in the process is a much-welcomed side effect.All that being said, if one wants to change the content of a game to fit his preferences, I don't see the problem. It's the history of game modding.

rangarkash said:
All that being said, if one wants to change the content of a game to fit his preferences, I don't see the problem. It's the history of game modding.
Oh I agree - if the OP wants to get rid of the nudity it's entirely their choice. In fact, if they'd simply said "I'd just rather play the game without having to see t&a from the girls all the time" I probably wouldn't even batted an eyelid at this thread. My point simply was that implying there's some sort of morality issue with the nudity in a game that's 18-rated for reasons BESIDES the sexual content is.... well, it just amused me, I guess.Little things amuse little minds ;^)

I played through the original and was a bit put off by the fact that it had been censored. It is my opinion that the Nudity / Sex, was in keeping with the overall theme and feel of the game and was entirely appropriate. I bought the Enhanced version, but have yet to play it, so don't know if it is censored or not. Also have a new rig running the Intel Core i7 920 with Vista Home Premium 64 bit. Hopefully that won't be a problem, but could always install it on my other rig if it is. Anyway, I guess it all comes down to the individual and their taste. There are some who would like to play the game for the main story without all the grittiness of the Nudity and Sex. Too bad there isn't a built in function to allow for disabling the Nudity and Sex, but then again, there is always someone who will figure a workaround.

Top Bottom