Re-enforced Trebuchets

+
Rethas;n6939640 said:
We are looking at it and they are likely a bit powerful. Mainly because the buff can put them on different ceilings.

You can counter it in a number of ways in the current game so perhaps adjust your playstyle a bit.

Just make it Silver and fire every 3 turns, buff +1~2 strength.

You got a card capped to 1 per deck, can still be buffed, can't be cloned, can be promoted and has a extra +1 power.

Everyone happy!

IMO at least..

Last edited:
zoiwillxx;n6957360 said:
Just make it Silver and fire every 3 turns, buff +1 power.

That would rend it useless.

There is no need to upgrade it to silver. The card was clearly designed to be bronze. It should be a competitor for the same spot as siege tower. Thing is its generally way better than siege tower, and siege tower is a useful card. Just removing the buff and maybe decreasing the original strength or reducing the dot would suffice; no need to soft delete the card of the game.

Laveley;n6957500 said:
That would rend it useless.

There is no need to upgrade it to silver. The card was clearly designed to be bronze. It should be a competitor for the same spot as siege tower. Thing is its generally way better than siege tower, and siege tower is a useful card. Just removing the buff and maybe decreasing the original strength or reducing the dot would suffice; no need to soft delete the card of the game.

How come a silver card with 5~6 strength that can endless take away 2 strength from your cards is useless? I think you just want to much power from a single card, with 3 cards like that on your battlefield is insta-win the round, if you AR it and promote, is insta-win the game, since no one can do nothing about a gold card constantly taking away so much power.

Last edited:
Re-enforced Trebuchets

Re-opened. Sorry for inconvenience.

Last edited:
zoiwillxx;n6957720 said:
How come a silver card with 5~6 strength that can endless take away 2 strength from your cards is useless? I think you just want to much power from a single card, with 3 cards like that on your battlefield is insta-win the round, if you AR it and promote, is insta-win the game, since no one can do nothing about a gold card constantly taking away so much power.

It isnt nearly close as insta-win. NR its beatable now with them being bronze, how can you say its insta win if that gets silver + nerf? Thats just non-sense.

But you know what, i dont care really, you can nerf it to oblivion and transform it on gold if you want.

I think, that the only real problem with reinforced trebuchets is that they continue to fire every other turn after passing.

StrykerxS77x;n6941200 said:
I get that you are trying to show some counters but a lot of those aren't going to stop this build at all.

Works for me. Unless they have Phillipa, there are only so many cheap strats that you can counter.

kapusta23;n6964030 said:
Works for me. Unless they have Phillipa, there are only so many cheap strats that you can counter.

Two counter trebuchets it takes just to many cards for the sole purpose of keeping the trebuchets of the boards. If your opponent draws three of them it can get pretty ugly. Furthermore he has revive, shani revive, nenneke, reinforcements and foltest as tools to bring them back or copy them. Killing every one of them off is just a pain in the ass and at the end you might end up havein no points on the board yourself.

Koaalar.424;n6964250 said:
Two counter trebuchets it takes just to many cards for the sole purpose of keeping the trebuchets of the boards. If your opponent draws three of them it can get pretty ugly. Furthermore he has revive, shani revive, nenneke, reinforcements and foltest as tools to bring them back or copy them. Killing every one of them off is just a pain in the ass and at the end you might end up havein no points on the board yourself.

You better make up your mind folks. What is it that that you complain about exactly? Is it Reinforced Trebuchets themselves or the cheap Priscilla + Medics + Reaver Scout combo? If it is the latter then there is nothing to worry about, Priscilla is getting changed so the whole strat will be toned down a bit. Knowing what exactly causes the issue is important because it looks like CDPR are already set to nerf Trebuchets, which is a big mistake in my opinion.

kapusta23;n6964440 said:
You better make up your mind folks. What is it that that you complain about exactly? Is it Reinforced Trebuchets themselves or the cheap Priscilla + Medics + Reaver Scout combo? If it is the latter then there is nothing to worry about, Priscilla is getting changed so the whole strat will be toned down a bit. Knowing what exactly causes the issue is important because it looks like CDPR are already set to nerf Trebuchets, which is a big mistake in my opinion.

I'll reserve judgment until I see what they are going to do. Trebuchets themselves might have been fine, it's just how they synergize with the rest of the NR deck that gets ridiculous. You can kill them off many times and they will keep coming back. The fact that they also damage the fuck out of the other player it does seem a bit ridiculous. Other than certain gold cards I can't think of anything else in the game that comes off so powerful and this is mostly bronze cards.

The devs could leave it like it is and give players some better counters.

I've lost a game against, reinforced trebuchet + adrenaline rush + cloning + more cloning + promote. It's horrific against 4 of those. I've also won a game, but then he couldn't clone it and I was playing skellige with the unit that gets extra 2 str when others are reduced in str.

I really like the differing mechanic of units that periodically attack and are an ongoing threat so I really don't want that aspect to go away. I'd be fine if they removed the (plus 1 strength to other copies when this unit is played) that way its not subsequently harder to kill the RT's the more you play.

So what if they lower the base strength to 3, remove the plus 1 strength when this unit is played so it stays at base 3, make it attack every 3 turns instead of 2, but to compensate make it also attack once when played. at 3 strength any attacking event card could kill it make it a bit easier to deal with before its promoted

I just played a game against an NR deck and in the second round and in the last round I got hit by the RT even though the player had already passed. I imagine this has been mentioned before many times already but holy crap I almost lost the second round and the third round was a tie due to me losing 2 points two turns after the other player had passed I think. Why on earth would it go to the other player after they've past and they still get activated effects going off?

Sorry if this is something being addressed in the upcoming patch. It was something that always seemed weird and now after that it seems wrong.

Top Bottom