Re: Signs

+
Re: Signs

I haven't read any of the older stories of Geralt. I actually only those found in here as links. Can anyone educate me about the different Signs? While I was reading the story A Grain of Truth, I came across one that I am not familiar with, the sign of the Heliotrop. It said that it cushioned the force of the bruxa's scream/blow. From the game, I know that Quen is the shielding spell. And I think some of the signs were spelled differently like Axia from the same story, as opposed to Axii in the game. Can anyone clear that up? Thanks. ;D

ausir

Forum veteran
The Axii vs. Axia difference is just a matter of different translation. The Heliotrop Sign is the only sign that appears in the books and was left out in the game. Heliotrop Sign serves as protection from magic.

Thanks for the info. It makes sense that they didn't include in the game; not too many enemies used magic there. Besides it seems that Quen offers protection from burning already, which was the closest thing you can get as elemental damage. I hope the subsequent games develop the magical aspect of the game. Actually balance it a little 'cause, they were really strong in the game. (And not many enemies could use them so much.)

Top Bottom