Reach lever 0 to upgrade ???!!!

+
I have skippy and I want to upgrade but I am blocked and it says I need to reach level 0 to upgrade? UH? HUH? Is this a bug? I have seen this on other items as well but it did not bother me enough to ask about this until now. If this is a bug I may have to cheat it to upgrade because I want this weapon in the final battle.

Skippy doesn't upgrade in the usual way. You should read about him, he has some annoying stuff but is very powerful if you get him right.

Skippy doesn't upgrade in the usual way. You should read about him, he has some annoying stuff but is very powerful if you get him right.

Yes I know about picking puppy FIRST so I get what I want it to be later. But really I am stuck with only about 280 damage for the entirety of the gun's life? Is that really all it will do period? I have another gun that has 900 damage from HOURS of upgrades.

I see that it scales to the user's level. At level 50 it's only hitting at 277.5 DPS, 54-67 Damage, 4.55 attacks per second. The DR12 Quasar is my favorite handgun with 2,130.1 DPS, 163-199 Damage, 3.53 attacks per second.

I see that it scales to the user's level. At level 50 it's only hitting at 277.5 DPS, 54-67 Damage, 4.55 attacks per second. The DR12 Quasar is my favorite handgun with 2,130.1 DPS, 163-199 Damage, 3.53 attacks per second.

So you are saying as much as I love the idea of this skippy gun I should probably stick with my gun that I have put a LOT of effort into that does the higher damage. Well I may still bring skippy alone into the final battle but I guess I will focus on the gun I have already leveled up to 900 damage.

Thanks everyone, I am really amperhesive about this final "secret" ending battle. Normally I would take as many companions as I could into something like this but the "secret ending" in this game has me obsessed and enchanted for some reason. I want to go into it with SO MUCH GRINDING that it will not be hard to blow through it.

So you are saying as much as I love the idea of this skippy gun I should probably stick with my gun that I have put a LOT of effort into that does the higher damage. Well I may still bring skippy alone into the final battle but I guess I will focus on the gun I have already leveled up to 900 damage.

Thanks everyone, I am really amperhesive about this final "secret" ending battle. Normally I would take as many companions as I could into something like this but the "secret ending" in this game has me obsessed and enchanted for some reason. I want to go into it with SO MUCH GRINDING that it will not be hard to blow through it.
Yes, Skippy is a very cool gun, but it may not do the things someone might expect it to, like getting the Gun Fu Trophy. Play it the way you want, you can always reload a previous save.

I think what I'm getting at is, for such a special gun it's a bit underpowered.

In Stone Cold Killer, the ability to automatically take head-shots as opposed to a standard Yukimura (which, at distance, will take center of mass targeting), has it's advantages, especially at Lower Player Levels.

Honestly, I keep Skippy for the hilarious commentary it makes either when drawn or in-use.

Top Bottom