Readers Choice Awards for The Witcher

+
Readers Choice Awards for The Witcher

We are happy to inform, that gamers' acclaim for The Witcher has been once again reflected in awards given by leading gaming websites. Gamona, the biggest online network in Germany, has announced the results of Readers Choice poll for the best games of 2007 and in the Best RPG category The Witcher has clearly won, with such titles behind as for example Final Fantasy XII, Hellgate: London or Mass Effect. What is more, the readers voting at Gamespot has been finally closed and final results revealed - in the Best RPG category The Witcher has been found a winner as well.

50% vote for The Witcher :eek:Tastes differ... whereas only 3% of the reades think Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 is the best RPG, this game receives the Editor's choice o_Onever heard of that game btw.

Well, "Vox populi, vox dei" - The voice of the people is the voice of God...Indeed, "De gustibus non est disputandum" -In matters of taste there is no dispute, but 50% cannot be in the wrong, in my opinion...

Once again congratulations are in order. I am very proud of CD Projekt. In today's gaming market, where most developers take the path of least resistance and make cheesy games designed to attract kids(and their parents easy money) , you have come out strong in the REAL gamers market. It is good to see that challenging gameplay, interesting storyline, and character depth isn't completely dead, and that ADULT gamers still have a champion out there making great games for them. Kudos to you and best wishes for all the future games that you will be making and I will be buying ;).

Gamona.de says:
Good RPGs are rare. Hence the category "best roleplaygame 2007" was eyed very critical – nevertheless Geralt climbs bewitchingly alias The Witcher the roleplay throne. The Polish real-blast from last Autumn convinced all with true attention to details and an awesome atmosphere. The Witcher left Final Fantasy XII (2nd position) and Hellgate:London (3rd position) far behind.
... Polish real-blast from last Autumn ]:->

Congratulations on The Witcher being named PC Gamer's RPG of the Year for 2007. I have told everyone I know how great this game is, its good that the writers and reviewers out there are giving it much due praise and respect! Many reviewers I have seen have the same initial comments I did when looking at the game, a game from Poland, really? Best game I have played in years, thanks for the experience and Congrats on your awards!

Hi,I do not know if this is the right topic... but for their January magazine, PC Gameplay (one of the most important magazines dedicated to PC gaming in Belgium and Netherlands), PCGameplay made a Top 30 of games, Readers Choice Awards of 2007... in these Reader's Choice Awards, people put The WItcher at position 8 (eight), beating titles such as Supreme Commander (place 9) and Unreal Tournament 3 (place 11 )!

Top Bottom