Reading Some of the Reviews Made my Heart Break

+
I don't know how to feel about the dev situation.
If devs don't approve of something, they can always do something about it. The devs of TLOU2 did something about it and went public. The studio went under a lot of scrutiny and investigation.
I don't know...the more I feel bad for the devs the more I remember just how terrible the game is. The shadows, the people, no interactions, the police spawning...and I just want to ask them why?
Why do police spawn on you, what was the thought process?
What was the thought process of your shadow? Why does it look like that?
What was the thought process behind water? You don't show that you're wet, your bullets make no water marks on the water and fire doesn't get put out. I don't understand....

I just don't understand many things, it's just an incomplete game and the more I think about it, the more I just DGAF about anyone involved in this game or their feelings.

So...this kind of goes with this but also EVERY IT industry in the world.

The structure and focus on processes within the IT Software world is...for search of a better term...fucked.

Entire processes and structures are laid out based on principles put together by middle management theorists who fail to take into account people and how things operate in the real world.

The worst part is, the IT industry keeps falling back on these processes like they're the holy grail of good development.

They're not.

Games development in particular, requires less structured processes and middle management oversight - and more - artistic freedom, and I don't mean that in a "Respect the artistic vision" kind of way - I mean during development if something adheres to a process principle and doesn't feel right or weakens the game - ditch it - give the developers artistic freedom to make things work.

Throwing bodies and setting arbitrary guide lines and more hours at things doesn't make a better game. It just makes processes and structures look like they're working at the expense of the quality and sanity of the developers.

Edit : It's one of the reasons why so many AAA game releases are so samey and bigger developers play it safer and safer.

I don't know how to feel about the dev situation.
If devs don't approve of something, they can always do something about it. The devs of TLOU2 did something about it and went public. The studio went under a lot of scrutiny and investigation.
I don't know...the more I feel bad for the devs the more I remember just how terrible the game is. The shadows, the people, no interactions, the police spawning...and I just want to ask them why?
Why do police spawn on you, what was the thought process?
What was the thought process of your shadow? Why does it look like that?
What was the thought process behind water? You don't show that you're wet, your bullets make no water marks on the water and fire doesn't get put out. I don't understand....

I just don't understand many things, it's just an incomplete game and the more I think about it, the more I just DGAF about anyone involved in this game or their feelings.

Being part of a toxic or ineffectual work environment can be very tough. When there is a communication gap between the front line workers, middle management and the top it can become very tough to even communicate problems.

The front line also doesn't understand why its doing this or that, or why the priorities change.

Ontop of that working through a crunch environment of long days, nights weekends, its easy to just go into survival mode:

Just get your work done, go home do it again, one foot in front of another over and over.

This tells a different story again to what they want us to believe.
That cheap "plans for the future" video clearly showed how blatantly we get lied to.
CP2077 is a great game, but it´s nothing near what was promised and what the marketing showed us.
I am losing all trust and hope, the management must be a total mess.

Am I missing something?

These are Glassdoor reviews.

Glassdoor is not, in any way, proof of anything. There is no employee verification system. Anyone can write anything. They don't verify the employment status. Most reviews are either 1s or 5s, which let's be honest, is usually bullshit either way. There is also nothing stopping the same person from leaving more than one review.

For all you know, the same person could've written the three reviews that are in this very thread.

Glassdoor can give you an idea of a company but it's in no way reliable, especially not about a company embroiled in a huge controversy.

"CP2077 is a great game". I agree 100%. It was worth my $60.00 and then some. If it had been what you were anticipating it would have cost much more. Come on guys and gals cut them some slack. These aren't exactly normal times we are living in. I've been gaming since 1984 and I have never felt such a rift between people who simply enjoy playing games. I suspect much of the diversive sentiment derives from individuals who stand to gain. My pc was equipped to play CP2077 months before the release. My Xbox One was lying dormant for months because myself and hundreds of thousands of others knew exactly what to expect. If you will fault CDPR for the last gen release then try CP2077 on a functional rig. Yin your Yang.

I worked in IT as a dev for 25 years, I have no pity for complainers, if you're good, you can find a new job easy if your not happy with your job. Most devs who are sore enough to complain publicly, probably got fired because they were incompetent. Pro's just move on!

Obviously fake. Someone with a Glassdoor account please flag it as inappropriate.

If someone isn't happy working for a company find a new job. These employees are bad for enabling their bosses to act like that and treat them that way. Guess what if you have no employees because you treat them like garbage then you have no game being made.

Man, the devs are treated, and sorry for the term, like objects or worse...

OMG i'm reading all the job reviews and found one that points Adam Badowski as the responsible of making stupid decisions because of his huge ego. Everything he says is infallible according to the employee writing the review.

nobody forced them to become devs. games are not a 9-5 job its a creative process. nobody bitches about all the gripes on movie sets that have to work 16hour shifts hauling ass, or the actors that need to practice their lines for 8hours straight shoot 10hours and then sleep maybe 2 hours for 90 days straight. Stop feeling sorry for developers, there are far worse jobs out there.

Top Bottom