Ready to refund

+
I purchased Cyberpunk2077 on GOG to support the CDPR.
I thought this would ensure the install process went off without a hitch.

But of course this is 2020 and we're all just beta testers for big companies now.
I can't launch my game. It appears to launch as the 'play' button greys out, then it just goes back to normal and the game doesn't launch.

I've searched online and while people have the issues, no one has a solution. I've tried what few suggestion people have had and nada.

I really do expect better when I pay for a product. I know it worked for a lot of people, but that's irrelevant when talking about the apparently large volume of people for whom the product hasn't worked.
I've lodged the issue along with hundreds of others. You can see their tickets in the public data base - not one of them answered for this issue.

I'm trying one last ditch attempt with a reinstall. Failing that, I will refund and purchase elsewhere. It's a damn shame to have to give valve some of the money that would have gone to CDPR but that's what happens when you don't provide the product I paid for.

I will be thinking twice about buying from GOG again and will likely just go with the steam purchase.

Looking forward to the legion of bootlickers that will die on the hill of millionaires.

If you've installed it, you don't need to use Galaxy to run it (you're actually better off if you close Galaxy before running it). Go to the install directory or your Start Menu and run it from there.

If you've installed it, you don't need to use Galaxy to run it (you're actually better off if you close Galaxy before running it). Go to the install directory or your Start Menu and run it from there.

Thanks Kaylakaze - I wish this worked!

When I click on CP2077 in the start menu, it just opens Galaxy. When I got to the .exe in the game folder (not the launcher .exe, but the actual game executable in the bin folder) nothing happens. No error message, nothing.

After a bit of sleuthing online I can see that others have the exact same issue and have tried a few different approaches but none have found a solution :(

As players we must speak with our wallets for companies to possibly hear us. I didn't like that the key mapping was so limited and didn't allow me to map the keys I normally use. Even with the InputUserMapping hack it still didn't work on half the keys and I shouldn't have to alter files in order to play a game especially a game going for $60+. So I asked Steam for a refund and thankfully got it. I might come back and try Cyberpunk 2077 if/when they allow me to map any and all keys.

To each their own.

I cnat even start the game all i am getting is "cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined" error and i am also about to refound it and get it on PS4 cus there at least it will work and play.

I cnat even start the game all i am getting is "cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined" error and i am also about to refound it and get it on PS4 cus there at least it will work and play.
I highly suggest not doing that mate. youre far better off just waiting a while until things improve before playing it at all.
This is coming from someone with $8k gaming PC that runs it well graphically and not as many bugs as others, but even i think this game needed more time in the oven

A fresh install and then verifying files finally got it to work.

And wow, how not worth it all that effort was!
The bugs are one thing - and there are plenty of them on my high end PC, though I have no fps issues with everything maxed out. No, the bugs will be fixed, I suppose. Bad look for CDPR, but the bugs will be fixed.

No my issue is with the game itself. It is mediocre, plain and simple. Going to do a separate post to details precisely why this game is so pedestrian.

my experience is through steam. first attempt to start the game crashed at the "GOOD MOOOORING NIGHT CITY!!!!!" but a good reset fixed it. im sorry your having troubles brother but dont give up on the game. sure alot have complaints but i just finished my first play through and on pc the game is amazing...not perfect, but lets be honest the game has less bugs on a good (not top dollar but decent) system than most top rated rpg titles. (looking at you mass effect 1 and skyrim) ....... that being said little bugs are generally fixed by a quick reload. sorry ADD brain went into overdrive. back to my point, dont give up on the game its a good time. story is quick ( -10 points) but on my second play through i will really focus on side missions and lore. there is soooooooooooo much to this game that most on scratch the surface.

Top Bottom