Real or Memorex - The Mechanics Debate Thread

+
So anyway guys, I just learned from another thread that double jump means jumping another time mid air. I heard v can double jump in the demo. I mean how does that even makes sense ? Even with augmentation, this should not be possible. It’s weird honestly. I hope it’s not in the game.
Btw, I don’t know if it’s against the rules to post something like this when I already began a thread on parkour. And yes, I’m the one who posted something similar with on reddit so yeah

Thanks in advance ! Btw I really like to talk about shit with you guys. It’s really fun !

It’s weird honestly. I hope it’s not in the game.
Btw, I don’t know if it’s against the rules to post something like this when I already began a thread on parkour. And yes, I’m the one who posted something similar with on reddit so yeah

Thanks in advance ! Btw I really like to talk about shit with you guys. It’s really fun !

It is weird, yes. Maaaaaaybe...leg augmentations with boost jets? I dunno.

It's fine to post this as well as a Parkour thread. I'll merge it with non combat gameplay eventually when it hits page 3 or so probably. Or I'll merge it with the Parkour thread. Either/or. Eventually anyway, not until this discussion fades.

Yes it would be kinda stupid but in the other hand, I think this can be a little misunderstanding. Maybe some journalist just didn't see V jump on and off the structure? I think the best what we can do is wait for official verification ;)

Care to explain healing inhalers to me without the use of magic?
Honestly it is easier to come up with rationalizations for double jumping like rocket boosters or chemical reactions that could create a very short lived dense block to push off of again, both of which have issues in their own rights.

I'm going to try anyways though bc why not right? I think I need to rule out any theories that "speed up" natural healing process to an immediate one, because even if that could be sped up to that degree it would require huge amounts of nutrients and such. That pretty much just leaves nanites with the ability to print human cells along with the ability to essentially recycle damaged cells for material AND be able to triage the correct cells to nix, fix, or build if absent, and even that would be fairly limited without also supplying a bunch of extra material. That is going to take massive advancements in multiple fields to pull off and even for me 2077 seems real optimistic.

Honestly it is easier to come up with rationalizations for double jumping like rocket boosters or chemical reactions that could create a very short lived dense block to push off of again, both of which have issues in their own rights.

I'm going to try anyways though bc why not right? I think I need to rule out any theories that "speed up" natural healing process to an immediate one, because even if that could be sped up to that degree it would require huge amounts of nutrients and such. That pretty much just leaves nanites with the ability to print human cells along with the ability to essentially recycle damaged cells for material AND be able to triage the correct cells to nix, fix, or build if absent, and even that would be fairly limited without also supplying a bunch of extra material. That is going to take massive advancements in multiple fields to pull off and even for me 2077 seems real optimistic.
Even nanites would still require time to work and are not an 'insta-heal' option that's workable. While magic healing is out of the question, drug/cyber induced pain blocking is a possibility. You won't feel the damage for a while, but it still may end up killing you and you will certainly spend a lot of time healing afterwards.

Even nanites would still require time to work and are not an 'insta-heal' option that's workable. While magic healing is out of the question, drug/cyber induced pain blocking is a possibility. You won't feel the damage for a while, but it still may end up killing you and you will certainly spend a lot of time healing afterwards.
I agree it would take time, but with how iffy the theory is to begin with arguing the rate of cell printing by an inhaler's worth of nanobots seems questionable, either way it is actual healing whereas pain blocking might be helpful in keeping a combatant going it does not solve the issue of a "healing inhaler."

I agree it would take time, but with how iffy the theory is to begin with arguing the rate of cell printing by an inhaler's worth of nanobots seems questionable, either way it is actual healing whereas pain blocking might be helpful in keeping a combatant going it does not solve the issue of a "healing inhaler."
What you want then is Larraman's Organ. But that flirts with heresy.

Being realistic I know the healing inhaler IS going to be in CP2077 (after all 80-90% of the target audience could care less about logic and would be perfectly happy if 'V' just regenerated health, in fact many may prefer it). That doesn't mean I can't point out the inherent farcical matter of it's inclusion in the game.

Ya know ...
Come to think of it ...
'V' regenerating health actually make mores sense the the inhaler :unsure:

What you want then is Larraman's Organ. But that flirts with heresy.
Pretty much, the idea would be some way to pack the "Larraman Cells" into an inhaler to fit Su's challenge. I feel like in the universe of Warhammer 40k, Larraman's Organ seems really conservative like LO is to most of the races, psykers, & warp travel that a parchment scroll is to wikipedia. As far as the other concern goes, it was developed on Terra so it is free of alien influence and therefor a pure gift from the Omnissiah ;) .

Being realistic I know the healing inhaler IS going to be in CP2077 (after all 80-90% of the target audience could care less about logic and would be perfectly happy if 'V' just regenerated health, in fact many may prefer it). That doesn't mean I can't point out the inherent farcical matter of it's inclusion in the game.

Ya know ...
Come to think of it ...
'V' regenerating health actually make more sense the the inhaler :unsure:
You aren't wrong.

Ya know ...
Come to think of it ...
'V' regenerating health actually make mores sense the the inhaler :unsure:

Magic? Nanomachines? Honestly meh.

Magic? Nanomachines? Honestly meh.
Nanomachines are used in a lot of handwavy ways in scifi, but it is a real thing, like fighting cancer with nanorobots with successful animal trials already published ( https://www.nature.com/articles/nbt.4071 ), and are actively being researched for wound treatment (but like in assisting natural healing, not like I was shot let me pop this inhaler), lets not go conflating actual science with magic.

Nanomachines are used in a lot of handwavy ways in scifi, but it is a real thing, like fighting cancer with nanorobots with successful animal trials already published ( https://www.nature.com/articles/nbt.4071 ), and are actively being researched for wound treatment (but like in assisting natural healing, not like I was shot let me pop this inhaler), lets not go conflating actual science with magic.
Clarke's Third Law - 'Any technology, sufficiently advanced, is indistinguishable from magic.'

Clarke's Third Law - 'Any technology, sufficiently advanced, is indistinguishable from magic.'

Yeah, but it's that sufficiently advanced bit that makes all the difference.

Nanobots - that's how we form skinweave out of your body. I can break that down and show you how it's done in a matter that you can reasonably buy into as being possible in your lifetime.

Nanobots - that's how you teleport to the Moon. What?

Skinweave you buy, because human skin is reasonably tough and hey, you can see it getting tougher if little robots knit it together. Kind of like stitches! Lots of stitches! Tiny tiny stitches.

Wholesale matter/mind transportation hundreds of thousands of klicks, not so much. Not tomorrow anyway.

Unlike magic technology follows the rules of physics so you can anticipate what is possible and more-or-less what to expect, with magic there are no rules, anything you can dream of goes.

I have a gun that fires rounds that track their target.
I have a micro ECM suite that counters your tracking rounds.
My rounds have ECCM thus defeat your ECM.

The above example is technology that currently exists (mostly involving aircraft), add magic and even this can go on ad infinitum.

So anyway guys, I just learned from another thread that double jump means jumping another time mid air. I heard v can double jump in the demo. I mean how does that even makes sense ? Even with augmentation, this should not be possible. It’s weird honestly. I hope it’s not in the game.

Sure only cyberpunk is grounded in realism-ish. Thus no teleporting, no Starship Enterprise, no magic.

Double jumps without cyber pretty silly.

Double jumps can be performed easily without cyberware. You just need a jetpack. You jump off the ground, do a quick jet burst near the top of your jump, and hopefully you didn't foul the aim of your jump and land where intended. If anything, this method is both easier to perform and easier to explain than anything cyberware can come up with.

Biological nanotech made up of specially-engineered stem cells could do the trick. It wouldn't be truly instantaneous, but it could be fast enough.

But that would be well out of the reach of any street person to ever afford. Rich-only.

Nanobots - that's how you teleport to the Moon. What?

Wholesale matter/mind transportation hundreds of thousands of klicks, not so much. Not tomorrow anyway.

Note: Edited the above down to the comments I would like to address.

I agree not tomorrow, but it's not impossible. Specifically-designed particle entanglement to fold space could do the trick. Of course, you would probably need several tons of nanites at both ends to do it, and we're nowhere near the capacity to do it.

Possible to use a perpetual motion machine* for space-folding, but that wouldn't involve nanotech on the transportation end.

*Note: Yes, this is possible under the laws of thermodynamics. If it wasn't our universe wouldn't exist, since our universe is a perpetual motion machine. We would just need to find some way to scale down an entire universe to use as a power source, or to tap into another universe entirely; the second is one of the ideas for how zero-point energy might work. It's also so far beyond our technology level it's not worth considering seriously :p

*Note: Yes, this is possible under the laws of thermodynamics. If it wasn't our universe wouldn't exist, since our universe is a perpetual motion machine. We would just need to find some way to scale down an entire universe to use as a power source, or to tap into another universe entirely; the second is one of the ideas for how zero-point energy might work. It's also so far beyond our technology level it's not worth considering seriously :p
A little off tangent, but the universe isn't necessarily a perpetual motion machine, it COULD be, but much of what we've figured out this far points towards the likelyhood that it is not. We can't really prove that it is actually a fully closed system, and even if we could many universe models propose an end to it in some way like the big crunch or the decay of matter into a sea of free electrons.

Top Bottom